How long does the date & time stick on B1W if no power supply for long period of time?

I have a spare B1W but it's also an older version. I'll try that to see if it keeps time for longer. If not, I was already planning a dashcam upgrade, so this might be the time to do it.

If it is okay that you send it back for replacement?

If is it a good idea to set its default system time to be 2030 year? So it can keep loop recording even if with the wrong timestamp?
If it wakes up and the time is set to the default system time, then you need to set the system time to the time of the newest video file on the memory card + 1 day. That will solve the loss of video recordings.

In DCIM folder there is no problem overwriteing
2019 video with 2015 video.
Can you make the same thing with lock files in the event folder.
What is lock file, just the file in the diffrent folder or something else?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

In DCIM folder there is no problem overwriteing
2019 video with 2015 video.
Can you make the same thing with lock files in the event folder.
What is lock file, just the file in the diffrent folder or something else?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
True, the problem is knowing which file to delete when you need to make space, it will always delete the oldest file, so if you write a 2015 file on a card full of 2019 files, the first to be deleted will be the 2015 file - the one you want to keep.

If it wakes up and the time is set to the default system time, then you need to set the system time to the time of the newest video file on the memory card + 1 day. That will solve the loss of video recordings.
@estore009:

How about this solution, plus the audio notification I mentioned above so people will know they need to reset their time/date?

If it is okay that you send it back for replacement?
This camera was a pre-release test version from you, so I don't expect a replacement. I'll try my other one that I bought.

How about this solution, plus the audio notification I mentioned above so people will know they need to reset their time/date?
Yes, working on it...

We added a cell battery to its PCB from April, and it should keep system time even if a long time without usage!

@estore009, how do i recognize if i have the "PCB with cell battery" without opening the B1W?
can i decipher it from the sticker on the package? it says: @309210@C0409 and 1139481 YH0096

how long does this RTC cell battery battery last if the car is sat around over the weekend or if i went on holiday? is it replaceable or does it recharge itself?

i have the old version so will order a newer model :)

Just got new one, is this part the new batch @275572

The RTC battery should last several years, it's only function is to power the clock when the cam is not in operation.

Phil

Can you send me also new firmware?
I'm looking for locked file and found a lot of 2015 year files.
Strange is i'm driving car everyday, but have files only from Sep 12 and Sep 19, Sep 20

I found files between Sep 12 and Sep 19 with timestamp from 2015 year, would try new firmware , thanks

Back