Start Selling A139

If you're a fresh university graduate with a 3/4-year bachelor's degree you can start anywhere between RM1,600 to RM3,500 gross depending on industry, town you work in, and perhaps the prestige of the college you graduated from. Below RM5,000 per month you don't pay any income taxes, but you will still be deducted 12% as contribution to your retirement kitty (currently there's some discount on this as part of Covid economic stimulus, but I wonder what these people are going to eat when they hit 60 and retire).

Wow that's not a lot. I googled salaries in Malaysia: Malaysia's average salary was RM3,224. So a camera costing 1000 ringgits is definitely a very huge purchase!

I'm pretty interested in the A139. Will see if I bite the bullet and get this model or wait and see if Viofo devises another setup for 3 channel. Either way, I am glad 3 channels are now coming to production!

I love my Viofo A129, even though it still has that dupe frame issue that never got resolved. The camera itself is rock solid reliable.

Couple Questions / Comments:

1. Does the Viofo A139 3 Channel use the Hk3 hardwire kit or is there a new hardwire kit for this camera?

2. Does the Viofo A139 3 Channel support a Sandisk High Endurance MicroSD card?

1610217387624.png

3. Amazon lists a retail date of 25 March 2021 for this camera.

A139 have USB C plug old HK3 have mini USB so need new

I ran mine shortly,,,, for a good week on the high endurance, no problems ( 128 GB )

Thanks. And thanks for info on SD.

I don't see the new kit listed on Viofo.com. We shall see what's available Dashcam wise in March. But this is definitely a contender to replace out the Zenfox T3.

Mostly i have used the 128 GB card ( viofo ) they provided, but used the high endurance for a while as it was my backup card in the car.
I was about to try the purple WD card, but then my system was vandalized, i am however getting a replacement kindly forwarded by viofo so i can proceed testing and do support on this model on this forum.

It is possible that an adaptor might work, there is no need for USB PD or anything clever that comes with USB-C.
I'm pretty interested in the A139. Will see if I bite the bullet and get this model or wait and see if Viofo devises another setup for 3 channel. Either way, I am glad 3 channels are now coming to production!
Like I said before, if you want parking mode to work over summer midday then the A139 with its two remote cameras is going to be the better design,

It is possible that an adaptor might work, there is no need for USB PD or anything clever that comes with USB-C.

Like I said before, if you want parking mode to work over summer midday then the A139 with its two remote cameras is going to be the better design,

Adapters can cause problems though. I'll probably opt to replace he Hk3 with a factory hardwire kit from Viofo. No point in taking shortcuts or cutting corners that could degrade reliability.

Agreed on second part. So that's why I'll see what happens between now and march. None the less, I want reliable. Two accidents (not my fault)+ 1 Car Breaking during my tenure of owning dash cameras, means I consider them an "insurance policy". 1 x Accident and 1 x Break in with the Viofo A129's in place.

So I am more than willing to spend the cash on a quality product without hesitation. Waiting on Amazon though. I've got enough for about 2/3rds price in gift cards so might as well use them.

Mostly i have used the 128 GB card ( viofo ) they provided, but used the high endurance for a while as it was my backup card in the car.
I was about to try the purple WD card, but then my system was vandalized, i am however getting a replacement kindly forwarded by viofo so i can proceed testing and do support on this model on this forum.

They are mailing you another sample Viofo A139? I thought they didn't have any more samples available? That's what they told me anyway!

How was your system vandalized?

Adapters can cause problems though.
That is true, it is a possibility if reinstalling a HWK is going to be an issue, I'm not recommending it as the best solution.

I thought they didn't have any more samples available?
I guess they had a certain number allocated for testers and they all went, I'm sure they kept some for themselves, which are probably now outdated due to improvements and can be used as a replacement, or maybe they will send the latest production test sample with new features that need testing! Very kind of Viofo to replace the damaged one :)

That is true, it is a possibility if reinstalling a HWK is going to be an issue, I'm not recommending it as the best solution.

I guess they had a certain number allocated for testers and they all went, I'm sure they kept some for themselves, which are probably now outdated due to improvements and can be used as a replacement, or maybe they will send the latest production test sample with new features that need testing! Very kind of Viofo to replace the damaged one :)

Replacing the HWK wil be the route I take. Pain in in the ass that's going to take me a couple hours to reinstall everything. Removing the Trim and getting wires routed and hidden sucks. However, the payoff is a reliable DVR that I don't have to babysit and worry about malfunctions.

As much as I bitched (and still wish Viofo fixed the duplicate frame issue), the 2 x Viofo 129 Duos I own are solid performers. Both still are using Version 1.5 firmware, which I found to be the most stable.

Now going on 1.5 and 2 years later, these cameras still work flawlessly.

I've gotten my money's worth, and I've had family and neighbors be very impressed with the prospect of running a dash camera. I've showed them the Break in, Accident, events I've captured, and they are all amazed.

3. Amazon lists a retail date of 25 March 2021 for this camera.

Thanks, I can't see anything on Amazon UK though yet (not even a date). Guess I'll have to be patient :LOL:

we're only a few weeks away from CNY holiday period starting, that will throw a spanner in the works when it comes to shipping

It could be that the first production batch has already been allotted to specific outlets, so it may be the next batch being produced before the A139 becomes widely available. IMHO it's worth the wait whatever the reason for the delay.

Phil

I recommend putting your Amazon order in and you might be surprised when they send it early. Even if just one comes into stock you get it straight away.
Maybe set up a price alert here if the price goes down:

The amazon.com link doesn't work for me as it just tries to redirect to the UK site.

Like jokiin said we have CNY coming up also so best for me to wait rather than impatiently checking the retailers all the time :D

I am wondering if this CNY well involve as much traveling inside Chins as normal years, TBH i kind of think it will.

it won't, there are a lot of restrictions in place for travel this time
I think that is a very wise approach given the more highly contagious Covid variants we're now seeing. Our cam will arrive on the market shelves when it does- healthy living people matter more.

Phil

Back