Do you happen to know the answers and/or can you comment on my above questions?
I don't happen to have a USB-C version of the hardwire kit to use parking mode correctly, so since all your questions are related to parking mode, I can't check that my answers are correct, so it is better for someone else to answer them, especially with it being you that is asking!

1. Those cables are very rigid. I got sent 90 degree cables.
You asked for 90 degree cables!

I wouldn't describe mine as very rigid, but that depends on your point of view and experience. They do have a limited bend radius, and you should not put fold/creases in them, but during my installation I had no problem running them around corners. Maybe my expectations for bend radius were different to yours though. I also have 90 degree cables.

In my limited testing, which I will do far more today, the cameras works fine once I have mounted all 3 cameras, and 3 Channel works so long as those cables aren't being moved around.
I have no problems when moving cables, I can rotate the cables 360 degrees in their sockets without problems. Have you inserted the connectors fully? They should clip in, and not come back out at all easily

2. Interior Camera is a So So Setup.
It is a very flexible setup, you can mount it below the main camera like in your Zenfox, mount it on top of the mirror, under the mirror, on the windscreen looking over the mirror, etc.

You do not need to get a completely unrestricted view, losing the top 1/4 of the image to the mirror really isn't affecting its usefulness.
Also consider what you want to view, I have mine watching the driver's window, so it can't see the passenger window, but it depends on your priorities.
If you want it to see the entire interior then you want it mounted far forward on the windscreen, probably under the main camera, the further forward the more of the front door windows it will see.
For me, the exterior view is more important than the interior, so I position it to see past the B pillar and see out front and rear side windows, and set EV at -1.2 to get good exterior exposure at the expense of good interior exposure, although the interior is still visible for evidence purposes.

1. Viofo Confirmed that while Station Mode exists in firmware Version 1.2, it is not yet active feature.

2. Viofo confirmed that wifi WILL NOT work in parking mode.

3. Per the cable inflexibility, the cameras work fine now that they are mounted. I have pressed harder on the cables, but they will not snap in any further. Anyway, when I was trying to find a position for the cameras to be mounted, they kept dropping out. Again, I think it's due to the rigidity of the cable itself and my trying to contort and find the best possible spot. Here's image of the cable input.

There's an indented area it snaps into, but the cable itself will not fully seat the entire way in. None the less, all three cameras are functioning.

camera.jpg

Is that a right hand adapter ? or was it supplied with that fitting on the end of the cable?

Anyway, when I was trying to find a position for the cameras to be mounted, they kept dropping out.
There is no way that mine will fall out when properly inserted, they will quite happily hang from the cable. There is a circular spring that holds the connector in place, it should "click" into a groove when inserted. They do not go fully in though, they leave a gap so that you can get the release tool in to lever the connector out of its socket (just pulling is not recommended).

There is no way that mine will fall out when properly inserted, they will quite happily hang from the cable. There is a circular spring that holds the connector in place, it should "click" into a groove when inserted. They do not go fully in though, they leave a gap so that you can get the release tool in to lever the connector out of its socket (just pulling is not recommended).

Hmmm.. What release tool? I didn't receive anything other than a TRIM Tool to tuck wires. Please take a photo of the item you describe.

I had to pull things out by hand, which I guess isn't the best thing to do, according to you.

Anyway, my cameras are mounted and the cables are in firmly. Either way, and for whatever reason when I tried to test placements for the cameras, the cable wiggle the cable enough to cause the cameras to drop out.

Not a problem now. And I guess then my cables are properly seated since they have "Snapped In" and feel firm.

Is that a right hand adapter ? or was it supplied with that fitting on the end of the cable?

I received 2 x 90 degree Cables with the Right Hand adapter fitting to the camera. FYI, the Right Hand / Right Angle plug is NOT interchangeable. I tested it to the main unit out of curiosity. It did not work. So the right angled plug goes to the Camera only.

Viofo does have Right Angle Plugs available upon request. They will charge you shipping if you've already purchased a camera. If you order from their website, they will swap the original cable for a right angled cable at no charge.

Last edited:
If you order from their website, they will swap the original cable for a right angled cable at no charge.
But you might also get the english user manual swapped with a german user manual :ROFLMAO:

Hmmm.. What release tool? I didn't receive anything other than a TRIM Tool to tuck wires.
I don't know what type of trim tool you got, but it might work as a connector release tool, might be designed as one, if not then just using your fingers seems to work OK. The main thing is to prise it off, not pull by the cable thus putting a twisting force on the socket. (That only applies to the right angle connector cables, for obvious reasons.)

But you might also get the english user manual swapped with a german user manual :ROFLMAO:

LOL. Chinese version of an April Fools Joke! Lets send random manuals to people!

I don't know what type of trim tool you got, but it might work as a connector release tool, might be designed as one, if not then just using your fingers seems to work OK. The main thing is to prise it off, not pull by the cable thus putting a twisting force on the socket. (That only applies to the right angle connector cables, for obvious reasons.)

Please take an image of your "Tool". I only received this trim tool, which I don't think would work as a prying tool? Did you receive something different?

20210528_141459.jpg20210528_141520.jpg

I only received this trim tool, which I don't think would work as a prying tool?
I think prying is the whole idea of that tool!

But that one is not designed for connectors.

The important thing is that the plug is pulled or pried straight out of the socket so that you don't put twisting force on the socket, you can easily do it with a finger under both sides, it is not delicate, but it is also not hugely strong, so some care should be taken.

I think prying is the whole idea of that tool!

But that one is not designed for connectors.

The important thing is that the plug is pulled or pried straight out of the socket so that you don't put twisting force on the socket, you can easily do it with a finger under both sides, it is not delicate, but it is also not hugely strong, so some care should be taken.

Could I ask you post a photo of the tool you received? If something was left out of my package, I'd like to contact Viofo Support.

As you know, Viofo are not currently providing right angle connectors as standard, so I guess are not currently providing a release tool since it is unnecessary and it is not strictly necessary anyway, although some advice to be careful might have been sensible.

This is an example of a release tool for another device with MMCX connectors, although their connector doesn't leave a gap so the tool is more necessary:

I received 2 x 90 degree Cables with the Right Hand adapter fitting to the camera. FYI, the Right Hand / Right Angle plug is NOT interchangeable. I tested it to the main unit out of curiosity. It did not work. So the right angled plug goes to the Camera only.
There is no reason for such limitation. (unless Viofo modifies the connector somehow, which I really doubt) Didn't you happen to test it too, @kamkar?

There is no reason for such limitation. (unless Viofo modifies the connector somehow, which I really doubt) Didn't you happen to test it too, @kamkar?

I tested and didn't get a video output on their APP. Hook the cable with the straight end to the main unit and right angled to the interior / rear resolved issue. No idea why. Felt like experimenting.

Dear Viofo. Please hurry with your next firmware update, especially including the ability to turn off impact detection, G-sensor, while driving.

Sincerely,

Everyone.

Dear Viofo. Please hurry with your next firmware update, especially including the ability to turn off impact detection, G-sensor, while driving.

Sincerely,

Everyone.

Just set G-Sensor to High and it'll never go off unless there's a major incident.

Do the lights still stay on during parking mode?
yes

@viofo @VIOFO-Support Car Engine is on in the Video

Happened twice today during an 1 hour drive. Had to remove the power cable and replug it ....
Also the cam started to bip (almost like when it is not recording) and after a certain amount of bips, no sound anymore and no reaction or recording .... Kinda annoying ....
Dashcam is connected with the Hardwire Kit

yes

@viofo @VIOFO-Support Car Engine is on in the Video

Happened twice today during an 1 hour drive. Had to remove the power cable and replug it ....
Also the cam started to bip (almost like when it is not recording) and after a certain amount of bips, no sound anymore and no reaction or recording .... Kinda annoying ....
Dashcam is connected with the Hardwire Kit
What firmware version is your camera at? The latest version released has this issue but I know a few people are now receiving cameras with a later fw, just wondering if the issue is still present in that fw.
Not sure if any of the other testers have been supplied that version for testing, I haven’t.

What firmware version is your camera at? The latest version released has this issue but I know a few people are now receiving cameras with a later fw, just wondering if the issue is still present in that fw.
Not sure if any of the other testers have been supplied that version for testing, I haven’t.
I wonder the same but I received reply from Viofo today that claims they are working on v1.2 firmware (probably a newer version since some already have v1.2) and in case of any update on this they will inform me, so...

I've been checking mine for this issue for about a week, but my buttons always work except in parking mode. Tested this from both a cold start as well as after starting the van with the cam switching out of parking mode to driving. Checked as much as 40 minutes after that- still no problem. Not sure which FW I'm on but I think it's the latest. Mine is from the first production run so there could have been some minor changes made but I'm not aware of any.

Phil

Back