COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not so strange as it may seem, finding an Edsel in top condition isn't as tough as finding any other American car from that era in equal condition even though few Edsels were made and sold. That's because they all got parked and not driven since nobody wanted to be seen in one :LOL:

Phil

i would like a 57 Bel Air too,, that one was sold in numbers as it did not have a stigma to its name, but they are rare now.
Also like a Nomad wagon from that era.
Then a new era came and other cars i want like the 67 Camaro SS, and of course i also got to have one of the Vettes ( or two - C2 and C3 )

Clearly i need a substantial lotto win :)

As expected :rolleyes: God i hate to be right on matters like this.
But now our "surplus" AZ and J&J vaccines, they will be given away instead of sold,,,,,,,, and again the snooty Dane politicians can claim to go above and beyond on the tax payers dime.

Thats vaccine for 2.8 mill people wit the AZ vaccine, and 8.2 mill people with the J&J vaccine, " you get it, we pay for it" :sleep:

So for now our front Barbie doll leader have given 3 million vaccines to the EU program, but no doubt that number will go up as we get more of the vaccines we have ordered but decided not to use.

In the UK the so called India variant is causing significant infection rises in various hotspots. They have tried to be 'politically correct' and have announced that it seems to be being most transmitted and caught in "faith buildings". The hotspot areas do seem to be relevant to that statement and vaccine take up has been lower due to Whatsapp group scare stories.

It is clearly a problem and the Gov have warned us, quite rightly, that the announced next lockdown exit stage of June 21st may be delayed. Sensible move if needed and shows some action.

...... we now have some media and businesses up in arms saying we 'must' fully unlock.

Are they stupid or what !

and vaccine take up has been lower due to Whatsapp group scare stories.
what to make of things like this

what to make of things like this

Just part of the disinformation campaign:

(The European External Action Service is the diplomatic service and combined foreign and defence ministry of the European Union.)

I like Russians ( Putin ) now insist that planes to there, fly thru Belarus airspace first :cautious::rolleyes:
Today's numbers are further below 1000 new cases then they was over yesterday, and 3 less in ICU

There are Soooooooo much garbage on the internet that some times i wonder if it wasent more easy to just flush it all and start over.

It is clearly a problem and the Gov have warned us, quite rightly, that the announced next lockdown exit stage of June 21st may be delayed. Sensible move if needed and shows some action.

...... we now have some media and businesses up in arms saying we 'must' fully unlock.

I call it "Suicide Capitalism".

It is the same mind-set as when major corporations pursue profit in the face of climate change, pollution or public safety.

...the same mind-set as when major corporations pursue profit in the face of climate change, pollution or public safety.
Not just major corporations - I 'fired' (and reported) a local landscaping/lawn maintenance company for the same reason. Thought it was OK to use storm sewers for waste disposal.

Not just major corporations - I 'fired' (and reported) a local landscaping/lawn maintenance company for the same reason. Thought it was OK to use storm sewers for waste disposal.
I've witnessed the same thing. Many years ago, I came across two guys who had driven their car up onto a manicured lawn on the grounds of a local high school in NYC where they were draining their oil into a storm drain. I don't even know how they managed to get their car up to the spot where they had parked it. The vast sloping grassy hillside on the school property is surrounded by a wrought iron fence so they would have had to drive up the long concrete stairway that led to the entrance of the school building. It was Sunday afternoon. Never could have happened on a weekday.

Individuals often display the same selfish mentality as corporations who happen to be run by individuals. I guess the difference is that the stakes are far higher when you are a multi-national corporation.

Makes my blood boil either way. About this time last year some A-hole used my wooded property to dump a bunch of dismantled baby furniture they no longer needed and some old window blinds instead of taking them to the local waste management facility where they would have had to pay a fee like everyone else.

In the UK the so called India variant is causing significant infection rises in various hotspots. They have tried to be 'politically correct' and have announced that it seems to be being most transmitted and caught in "faith buildings". The hotspot areas do seem to be relevant to that statement and vaccine take up has been lower due to Whatsapp group scare stories.

It doesn't currently appear to be spreading outside of the hotspots, even though it has been detected in tiny numbers in nearly every county, which suggests that the hotspots are also low vaccination spots. Nobody seems to be giving that information out, but given that the hotspots appear to have plenty of vaccine for all age groups, it seems very likely that they are areas of very poor uptake.

Deaths are still coming down as fast as ever, by 37% over the last week, although that should slow soon since UK will start to get regular zero death days after another week, with the numbers starting to be spoiled by people who didn't get vaccinated.

I doubt that the next lockdown will be postponed on current data, wouldn't be too surprised if we are left with no restrictions other than an ongoing mask mandate! Another study showing that masks don't work: https://t.co/MDYgMLb3n3?amp=1

If it continues increasing in the hotspots then the hotspots need local restrictions, can't punish the whole UK for the actions of a few now that the rest of the people appear to be safe from serious illness.

I guess the difference is that the stakes are far higher when you are a multi-national corporation.

The bigger you are the harder you fall, or in EU terms the bigger a fine you have to pay EU

The bigger you are the harder you fall, or in EU terms the bigger a fine you have to pay EU

Isn't that true! The Wall Street fat cats and investment bankers who caused the big crash in 2007/2008 didn't even have to pay a fine even though they should have been prosecuted and sent to jail!

Interesting:

I've been in a cave in China that was 2km long where you needed to use an umbrella, what looked like steady light rain was bat piss, not the most hygienic place I've ever been, easy to imagine how filthy that disused mine shaft must have been

Not that i have a problem with bats, but i am not going into a cave like that, of it is is populated by birds which is also seen many places.
Never been in the mood for a golden shower of any origin.

Interesting:

I think it is just people putting multiple conspiracy theories together to try and make something consistent with the WHO report while still blaming China, definitely not proof of what happened, seems very unlikely that it would have come from that specific visit to a bat cave when people visit these places regularly, for various reasons. Catching a fungus infection in a cave full of fungus food must be quite a common occurrence! Maybe China and the rest of the world can copy UK and make it illegal to visit or disturb bat roosts, and stop eating wild bats.

Vietnam detects hybrid of Indian and UK COVID-19 variants

“The concentration of virus in the throat fluid increases rapidly and spreads very strongly to the surrounding environment,” Mr. Long said at the meeting, a recording of which was obtained by Reuters. He called the variant “very dangerous,” Reuters reported.

I think it is just people putting multiple conspiracy theories together
Likely this.

There are those who seek truth and are willing to accept it whatever it may be, even if it is at odds with their previous position and notions. And there are those who seek to justify their positions based on anything they can find to do that, all the while ignoring or disregarding anything contrary to their per-conceived notions. One of these is being smart and the other being stupid, which should in itself show who is actually worth hearing.

And at this point it hardly matters where Covid originated, as knowing that fact is not going to help us deal with the pandemic which is where our focus and efforts need to be right now. Once we've gotten that big problem which is doing the actual harm handled we will have time and resources available to look for the cause in hopes that finding it will help us prevent a recurrence. Once again you can see who is smart and how isn't by watching what they're looking for and doing.

A pandemic is much like a forest fire/bush fire- once it's begun the cause is of little importance; you need to be fighting the fire first or it will only get worse. Once you have the fire controlled and the potential harm limited, then you can free up manpower to find the cause. Any other approach is stupid. Should the cause emerge as you're fighting the fire you don't ignore that, but you don't let it detract you from doing what is needed the most right now.

And to take this further, what if the virus came from a bat cave visit- is that going to cause it to not happen again? Or if it was developed in a lab then escaped whether by intent or accident- is that knowledge going to keep it from happening again? Or what if it's found to have come from some other natural source? What we really need to know isn't so much where it came from but how it developed into affecting humans- if we can nail that fact down we can work to prevent recurrences even if bat caves still get visited and labs work to find or create nasty things with a potential military or economic value. Finding the source may or may not help us in the future- finding the truth doesn't guarantee you'll do better at dealing with it but sometimes it does.

We've lost our focus in fighting this thing- maybe we never had the good focus we needed. Those who are trying to get us focused elsewhere need to be ignored for now- the time to put our efforts into those things will come, but only if we can survive till then. So far we've not been very smart overall and until we fix that we will never do any better with anything.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back