COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the scientists are learning all the time so improved and different strategy vaccines are on the way.

I suppose the scientists are learning all the time so improved and different strategy vaccines are on the way.

I was thinking about that this early today when I went out to retrieve the morning paper and recalled how when the pandemic first began we were all advised to be careful with newspapers and incoming mail due to fomite contamination. Now we know that fomites are much less of a concern as a vector for SARS Cov-2 than previously thought. I guess we have all been on a learning curve with this thing along with the scientists.

Not much longer than a year ago it wasn't fully understood if it was even possible to create a viable vaccine for a coronavirus. It had been attempted for SARS COV-1 but never proven to work and then funding dried up. It was speculated at the time that a vaccine for coronavirus might not be possible, similar to HIV which has been with us for 40 years and no attempt at a vaccine has worked so far. Interestingly, mRNA vaccines may now be the long sought answer to HIV prevention.

Maybe you should save some of that sanitizer, me hearing of horrible fire on factory in India making sanitizer among other things.

Up here the latest work related death was a guy working on a art installation, i think he suffocated in there, talk about being killed about art. :)

imagescaler

I am not happy my tax money finance something like that, thats why i say tax = robbery

Last edited:
I'm still sanitising the crap out of everything that enters the door.
I haven't seen the scientific studies that show that sanitising isn't necessary, but there are lots of health "experts" saying not to worry about excessive cleansing because it is only transmitted via the air, so masks are far more important. However there is science showing that masks don't work! Seems to be a lack of common sense in the medical profession.

Vaccines definitely work, isolation also works, but only if it is 100%, Australia's quarantine hotels have shown that even an 18 second break in isolation is enough to transmit:
Or maybe some virus landed on his food, which he then put in his mouth, and the 18 seconds is irrelevant?

Well i can do what the hell i please now, cuz i just found my corona passport in my mail box.
Problem is, what "normal" people use this for, i have absolutely no interest in participating in, so really for me i could just burn it.

Also as i was only shot up 4 days ago, getting this already seem a bit premature, but of course it is gooberment and gooberment is a mess here even on the best of days.

IMG_20210608_165119.jpg

I haven't seen the scientific studies that show that sanitising isn't necessary, but there are lots of health "experts" saying not to worry about excessive cleansing because it is only transmitted via the air, so masks are far more important. However there is science showing that masks don't work! Seems to be a lack of common sense in the medical profession.

Vaccines definitely work, isolation also works, but only if it is 100%, Australia's quarantine hotels have shown that even an 18 second break in isolation is enough to transmit:
Or maybe some virus landed on his food, which he then put in his mouth, and the 18 seconds is irrelevant?

I assume/treat everyone as infected. So if someone else has touched it, it gets sprayed and then rinsed under running water. Don't want to jinx anything but till now it has worked.

Got my first shot two days back. Had been waiting for a drive-through arrangement to begin. Zero side affects. No injection site pain either.

Many people here have been using double masks since the 2nd wave.

The reason for hand washing, as I understand it, is that if you touch an infected surface, then scratch/rub your nose or wipe your eye it can get in that way.

My shoulder was a bit sore, but nothing compared to physical violence i suffered in school.

Well i can do what the hell i please now, cuz i just found my corona passport in my mail box.
Problem is, what "normal" people use this for, i have absolutely no interest in participating in, so really for me i could just burn it.

Also as i was only shot up 4 days ago, getting this already seem a bit premature, but of course it is gooberment and gooberment is a mess here even on the best of days.

View attachment 56962
I've only got a 2D barcode appeared in the health app, so if you don't have a compatible phone then you can't use it, as far as I know!
Not sure anybody is using it here anyway, but it is there if needed.

I did lose taste and smell for over two weeks back in April. Don't know what that was about as, if I was infected, would have definitely infected others at home.

I could do that too, but as far as any public branch go i am totally clueless as to computers and anything digital, in which case they have graciously allowed me to be analog.
The covid APP, at first was a mess with you pretty much having to flaunt your entire portfolio of personal data, that then got a 500 MILl DKKr overhaul so now your digital corona passport only display what is needed.

I am like ?????? WTF 500 million to develop / update the most basic of App's,,,,,,,,, Come on. :rolleyes:

I have lost all fate and trust in anything here relating to how this place is run, and i am prone to leesh on the word used by a American president talking about African countries.

I did lose taste and smell for over two weeks back in April. Don't know what that was about as, if I was infected, would have definitely infected others at home.
That is a very common symptom of covid, likely you had it, not everyone spreads it to family, especially those families that wash their hands etc.

The covid APP, at first was a mess with you pretty much having to flaunt your entire portfolio of personal data, that then got a 500 MILl DKKr overhaul so now your digital corona passport only display what is needed.
Strangely our COVID app doesn’t contain the COVID passport, it is in the normal health service app used for doctor appointments, prescriptions etc., which already has all the security to protect your medical records, Don’t think many people use the Covid app here.

I think it is the same here, on the bottom of my pic of my analog passport you can also see it say sundhed.dk / health.dk, which i think are the general portal for health stuff.
Our old yellow medical card also came in a digital version not long ago, and i think driving license will be digital soon too.

They say Denmark are world leaders on going digital,,,,,, i am not so sure probably more leaders in hoarding info on its citizens.

Not necessarily. There have been many well-documented cases of Covid infection in people who had close contact over long times with others who did not catch it. You should get tested- I'll bet it comes back showing you had it. There are other causes for loss of taste and smell but they are very unusual; almost rare. If you did have it you're very lucky and should have good immunity now too.

I now know of one elderly death and also 5 adults who had non-severe cases. One of those adults passed it onto her 2 children who had symptom-less cases which showed up in testing 2 weeks after their Mom became ill. About half of these people lost most or all of their tasting and smelling capabilities for 3-14 days.

Phil

Lets hope our American friends get some good use of our new drug which have been given FDA approval.

i think i need some of that too, clearly my weight are not getting any better, i should drop 30 KG ASAP, but cardiovascular exerciser are not really my game anymore as even my walking speed send me into a huffing and puffing looking for inhaler spiral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back