Street Guardian's new 2k cam SG9667DC2K

It have been about 2 decades since i had the flu last, meaning like i was a kid with high fever vomiting and generally feel like dying, these days i might get a bit runny nose or a slightly sore throat and thats it.
The infection in my leg 2 years ago though ( erysipelas ),,,, that was also uncool, and had me lying inside my sleeping bag with the traditional bed stuff too and shake and feel really cold, only to 1 hgour later sweat like there was no tomorrow. ( i have a dual sleeping bag so plenty of room )
Had just about any version of a coccus, and even today the skin have not completely cleared up so still some discoloration on the calf.

This was before i went to see the doctor, and thinking i might have a bad tic bite, but oooo no. :rolleyes:

Took about a month of 2 - 3 different kinds of penicillin for that to clear up

tumblr_pveg0jOfwA1wxv8ejo1_640.jpg

Last edited:
I'm talking about HDR, this is most likely impossible to implement in the firmware, since 291 only supports WDR. But it is possible to do for the single chamber version.

Working on SG9663DCPRO+ now.
whats the latest firmware version for this? jokiin used to send the betas and that to me but havent seen any for ages.

whats the latest firmware version for this? jokiin used to send the betas and that to me but havent seen any for ages.
I got factory to start working on this just after New Year. So now waiting for them to come back with it. Once they do, I'll send them out to some of you for testing. Most likely be V1.18 but I will confirm.

No, The DC2K has a usb-type C connector, need to use the supplied cable.
Ooh, so the connector between front and rear cam is no longer proprietary? The images on Street Guardian USA look like the old one.

Hi @Street Guardian USA and @Sifu ,

Today, accidentally I noticed that my camera isn't recording and the screen is showing a warning that the card is full. No matter what I did, I couldn't get into setting without deleting all files per the option that was showing on the screen. So it seems the camera isn't over recording on the old files unless the old files are deleted.
I tried to find an option that allows me to record over old files but there was no such option. I don't remember locking any of the files to prevent over recording so this must be a glitch that needs to be addressed.
On the other hand, is there a newer firmware than the one came pre installed?

It could be the card have changed to read only mode, some when failing will do this.
Not familiar with this model :cry:, could also be it is in a mode where automatic overwrite are disabled, though i dont think so, all you should do is choose segment size,,,,, maybe in there there is a always record option,,,,, though i cant recall seeing it on other SG cameras, but i never scroll past the 3 minutes i prefer.

You should retrieve files of interest on a computer, and then format the card in the camera and reset to default, then do your preferred settings again.
Default i think the cameras from SG are set to 3 minutes anything but dont overwrite for sure, if that even are a option, IMO that should not be on any dashcam.

The system should only have a set amount of memory space for event files, and when that are full, even those "protected" will get overwritten too to create new event files, so you should not be able to clog the memory card up with locked read only files,,,,, this should have a folder where those files go called RO ( Read Only ) regular recordings should be in the movies folder where the RO folder are a sub folder.

I think this is either a settings error, or memory card error, but lets see.

Hi @Street Guardian USA and @Sifu ,

Today, accidentally I noticed that my camera isn't recording and the screen is showing a warning that the card is full. No matter what I did, I couldn't get into setting without deleting all files per the option that was showing on the screen. So it seems the camera isn't over recording on the old files unless the old files are deleted.
I tried to find an option that allows me to record over old files but there was no such option. I don't remember locking any of the files to prevent over recording so this must be a glitch that needs to be addressed.
On the other hand, is there a newer firmware than the one came pre installed?

Is it possible that your sensitivity is set high and the DashCam is triggering storing files in the locked areas?
That would take up the space needed for the unit to keep working. Once enough files are stored and locked the memory card will appear to be full.

The other thing to look at is do you have the settings set to allow overwriting e.g. loop recording?

@Street Guardian USA and @Sifu Are you looking for testers as I am available.

Firmware 1.11 should be released this month to fix a compatibility issue with Dashcam Viewer.

@leggy
Card Full errors generally mean the card is corrupted in some way. I'd use SD Formatter and select the "overwrite" option to reset the card back to factory defaults.
If no error message put it card back in and Format in-camrea after that. (and re-test)

Yeah card error is also what i gravitate towards, and that will happen with the best and newest of cards too.

@LateralNW i dont think there have been a single outside tester on this model, it could be the hew Street Guardian are moving away from that approach ?
I still think it is a good idea with testers, but all i have worked with including SG i feel have not fully taken advantage of their testers, and i do think when you send a product to a person, you are also OK to ask for something in return, now i cant personally do much in regard of reviews splashed with superlatives and click words shared with thousands of followers on some social media, but i am willing to put some work in to it, but probably need guidance in what to look for, cuz it is kinda hard to start from scratch with every new beta firmware.

And pulling the memory card to look at every 2 days,,,,,, even if not physically hard, it do get mentally hard for me at least, and unchecked i might well start to skip "lessons" and i dont mind admitting that every now and then i need a kick in the behind to keep momentum up, CUZ it is not always i am able to do that on my own.
Of course also having health problems, and constantly feel like you just finished a Marathon in record time, even if you just woke up,,,,, well it dont add much in regard to your own drive.

I just bought my camera and set it up. I had an issue with the camera rebooting continuously but only when the rear camera was plugged in. However I think I found the issue. There was a portion of the cable that was being pinched a bit when I tucked it and after fixing that it began working. However, this fix was also later in the day around sunset when the temperature cooled so I guess I'll find out tomorrow if it was a temperature thing.

It could be the card have changed to read only mode, some when failing will do this.
Not familiar with this model :cry:, could also be it is in a mode where automatic overwrite are disabled, though i dont think so, all you should do is choose segment size,,,,, maybe in there there is a always record option,,,,, though i cant recall seeing it on other SG cameras, but i never scroll past the 3 minutes i prefer.

You should retrieve files of interest on a computer, and then format the card in the camera and reset to default, then do your preferred settings again.
Default i think the cameras from SG are set to 3 minutes anything but dont overwrite for sure, if that even are a option, IMO that should not be on any dashcam.

The system should only have a set amount of memory space for event files, and when that are full, even those "protected" will get overwritten too to create new event files, so you should not be able to clog the memory card up with locked read only files,,,,, this should have a folder where those files go called RO ( Read Only ) regular recordings should be in the movies folder where the RO folder are a sub folder.

I think this is either a settings error, or memory card error, but lets see.
Deleting the files helped to resume recording. Will let it get full again and see what happens, if failed to overwrite then will try another card.
My card is 512gb Samsung Evo Select U3

Is it possible that your sensitivity is set high and the DashCam is triggering storing files in the locked areas?
That would take up the space needed for the unit to keep working. Once enough files are stored and locked the memory card will appear to be full.

The other thing to look at is do you have the settings set to allow overwriting e.g. loop recording?

@Street Guardian USA and @Sifu Are you looking for testers as I am available.
Sensitivity is on medium and loop recording enabled

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Street Guardian USA SG9667DC2K 7
Back