Mobius Super Capacitor.

I don't know where you got your Crystal Ball from (was it also from Banggood??), but the Supercap arrived in the post this morning. I've just installed in my Wide Angle Mobius, after setting the clock, which is always in the car.
I'll keep you posted if notice any issues holding the date/time setting.

P.S. Please can you advise me of the Lotto Numbers for tonight? I am thinking maybe you should be called Mystic Meg! ;)

I posted it ;)

Would be good to keep us updated. Haven't heard back from banggood, looks like there playing the "we didn't receive your reply" card

If banggood does not replace your super cap you could just go to any electronics supplier and get a couple capacitors (just match the specs on the side of the caps you have). The banggood caps are probably cheap/poor quality. A couple high quality caps would still be inexpensive. You would have to solder the leads but that is not difficult.

Strange as there genuine caps... or are they? :rolleyes:

No response yet, @zinm have you also emailed them? If you could they may start believing they have a pack of dodgy caps. Apart from Dashmellows :D
I haven't email them yet. Not sure if I want to send back for replacement since postage from NY to china might be more than it worth. I'll be glad if they not giving us hard time and send another.

@everyone with bad supercaps from banggood.

With over 14K views you would hope that Banggood would be smart enough to make good and just send you and anyone else replacement Supercaps. If they have a bad batch then they should just refund money to those that complain about a problem.

Good customer service on a inexpensive item is worth more then good customer service on an expensive one.

@everyone with bad supercaps from banggood.

With over 14K views you would hope that Banggood would be smart enough to make good and just send you and anyone else replacement Supercaps. If they have a bad batch then they should just refund money to those that complain about a problem.

Good customer service on a inexpensive item is worth more then good customer service on an expensive one.

I have had no trouble with getting replacement items (LED Globes) from Banggood in the past without having to send back the faulty items. Sometimes they did ask for a photo of the item. (Not that it would show the item was faulty)

One caution is that I found too many of the items were faulty and gave up ordering any more from them. :p

I haven't email them yet. Not sure if I want to send back for replacement since postage from NY to china might be more than it worth. I'll be glad if they not giving us hard time and send another.

They won't ask to send it back surely? That would be ridiculous

This is there email - cservice@banggood.com

If banggood does not replace your super cap you could just go to any electronics supplier and get a couple capacitors (just match the specs on the side of the caps you have). The banggood caps are probably cheap/poor quality. A couple high quality caps would still be inexpensive. You would have to solder the leads but that is not difficult.

As an authorised Mobius reseller, Banggood will be selling the exact same capacitor kit as sold by Eletoponline365, JooVuu, etc. When I receive mine from Banggood I will compare it with the one I already have from JooVuu. I anticipate them being identical.

As to sourcing alternatives by just going to 'any electronics supplier' you would know, if you'd bothered to read this thread, that others have failed to source suitable capacitors that will fit within the Mobius case &/or aren't very expensive.

Latest response from banggood:

Dear customer,
Would you please take a video or some photos to show the problem of item SKU121971 and send to us?
Once we confirm, we'll try our best to help.
Kind regards
Poppy

Seriously!?!

Has anyone got a picture of a capacitor going spare? i dont really fancy opening up the Mobius just to take a picture of a capacitor which will show nothing at all???

Yes, using all correct settings. It did hold date ok when I first got it. Bit annoying if after two days non use the date resets

I replaced this w/e the battery with the capacitor (from banggood) and also found out that the time and date was reset (01.01.2013). Most probably it's because I didn't leave it sufficient time to charge, just a few minutes while I made the settings in the GUI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest response from banggood:

Seriously!?!

Has anyone got a picture of a capacitor going spare? i dont really fancy opening up the Mobius just to take a picture of a capacitor which will show nothing at all???

I'm sorry what I mentioned back in post #329 is occurring. I hope my speculation that the next thing to happen is for them to ask you to send the bad capacitor back at your expense so as to make it not worth it. Be sure to remind them that lots of people are viewing this forum and that it is penny wise and pound foolish to do business this way over an inexpensive electronics part because they would likely lose a number of present and future customers over something like this. It is so ridiculous when a business insults people's intelligence this way (and their own). It's like they want a photo of a dead battery they sold you to know for sure if it's really a dead battery. Jeez! :mad: I say call their bluff and send them a photo just to see what they do next! ;)

Last edited:
....Seriously!?!
How long did you have it before it went 'pear shaped'??

I've been making sure I re-connect mine to a power USB supply for a while after making any GUI/Text file changes (e.g., time change GMT to BST yesterday).

....One caution is that I found too many of the items were faulty and gave up ordering any more from them. :p
My Supercap is currently working, but the Suction Cup Mount I'd ordered at the same time doesn't hold suction.... hmmm, it will be interesting to see if Banggood want me to take a photo of it falling off the screen!!

Last edited:
Here's one I posted earlier (post #205)...

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-super-capacitor.3166/page-11#post-49949

Poppy is probably following a standard procedure, irrespective of relevance. Keep it polite, factual, send 'em a photo, & they'll hopefully send you a replacement.

Thanks for this, i use this :)

I replaced this w/e the battery with the capacitor (from banggood) and also found out that the time and date was reset (01.01.2013). Most probably it's because I didn't leave it sufficient time to charge, just a few minutes while I made the settings in the GUI.

It shouldnt need that long to hold a charge

I'm sorry what I mentioned back in post #329 is occurring. I hope my speculation that the next thing to happen is for them to ask you to send the bad capacitor back at your expense so as to make it not worth it. Be sure to remind them that lots of people are viewing this forum and that it is penny wise and pound foolish to do business this way over an inexpensive electronics part because they would likely lose a number of present and future customers over something like this. It is so ridiculous when a business insults people's intelligence this way (and their own). It's like they want a photo of a dead battery they sold you to know for sure if it's really a dead battery. Jeez! :mad: I say call their bluff and send them a photo just to see what they do next! ;)

Ohh dont you worry, if they dont sort this i will quite hapily bad mouth there customer service, if only they knew it was because of me they received lots of sales from these forums and possibly TechMoan

How long did you have it before it went 'pear shaped'??

I've been making sure I re-connect mine to a power USB supply for a while after making any GUI/Text file changes (e.g., time change GMT to BST yesterday).

My Supercap is currently working, but the Suction Cup Mount I'd ordered at the same time doesn't hold suction.... hmmm, it will be interesting to see if Banggood want me to take a photo of it falling off the screen!!

First couple of weeks were fine, then all of sudden noticed the date resetting. Will have another look tonight. If still reset will try reinstalling FW and resetting settings. If still the case i'll put the original battery back in

RE suction mount, try cleaning your window and the suction part, any bit of dirt can make it detach. Mine stayed up for 1 month without falling before i changed over to an adhesive mount

Last edited by a moderator:
First couple of weeks were fine, then all of sudden noticed the date resetting. Will have another look tonight. If still reset will try reinstalling FW and resetting settings. If still the case i'll put the original battery back in

RE suction mount, try cleaning your window and the suction part, any bit of dirt can make it detach. Mine stayed up for 1 month without falling before i changed over to an adhesive mount
Good luck with that! I'll check on my mine regularly.

I already have one Suction Mount that I bought with the Mobius (from Eletoponline365) and it works really well. The extra one I purchased from Banggod (for my wife's car) looks identical, but it simply will not hold suction. Both the window and the suction section have been given a good clean - it won't stay on any window I have tried it on. I've dropped their customer services an email about it and currently awaiting a reply.

I sincerely hope you get your Supercap working again!

I already have one Suction Mount that I bought with the Mobius (from Eletoponline365) and it works really well. The extra one I purchased from Banggod (for my wife's car) looks identical, but it simply will not hold suction. Both the window and the suction section have been given a good clean - it won't stay on any window I have tried it on. I've dropped their customer services an email about it and currently awaiting a reply.

Thanks you too. You may have to send them a video of you trying to stick it.. being serious lol

Did you try cleaning both with alcohol?

Did you try cleaning both with alcohol?
Yes, I've tried alcohol and a very dilute solution of vinegar & washing-up liquid (from my glass factory days) - all squeaky clean, but still no good. There is a very slight deformity by the suction release tab, so I think the vacuum is being lost there. It won't stay up any longer than about 10 seconds, so I'm certainly not going to attach my Mobius to it!!

Getting back on thread I had my first evening of multiple journeys tonight, since I'd installed the Super Cap. No problems experienced with recordings on start-up, shutdown or with the time/date stamp (to date that is anyhow).:)

Last edited:
@Hilts Take a photo of it first ;) You definitely have a bad one there, that deformity is the problem. It's a pretty common problem with these cheap suction jobs...

@Hilts Take a photo of it first ;) You definitely have a bad one there, that deformity is the problem. It's a pretty common problem with these cheap suction jobs...
Funny you should say that, my wife says the same thing.... :oops:

Good news, after sending the picture of a capacitor sitting in the case (thanks @russ331 ) banggood are going to send me a replacement :)

I have also asked them to join these forums, they may not but thought it would be handy to have another distributor on board, there not solely Dashcam sellers but they may be able to offer discounts/promotions

Hopefully that's ok :)

Back