2014 DOD LS460W Sony Exmor CMOS, ISO3200, F1.6, WDR, 3DNR, 5x GPS, HUD

That sounds like it's a reseller - I've now got my high end Mobius ( :) ) mounted directly on the LS460W and am looking forward to seeing the results when I get home tonight!

Well I'm going through footage on the new camera and so far it's held up better in terms of focus. The video straight from starting the car is much clearer although possibly it's because it's not been as hot today.

Reflections are definitely an issue still and the camera doesn't handle it too well.

I've taken a load of comparison shots to the Mobius which show the advantages of the wider dynamic range of the sensor - just uploading now!

ls460w-11.jpg mobius-11.jpg ls460w-12.jpg mobius-12.jpg ls460w-13.jpg mobius-13.jpg ls460w-14.jpg mobius-14.jpg

Attachments

• mobius-14.jpg
    mobius-14.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 5
Oh and to confirm I formatted a 64GB card in the camera today - it worked fine and has used the FAT32 filesystem.

I found a comparison footage of NECKER S2+ PLUS (HDR 30fps) vs DOD LS460W (WDR 30fps) on youtube.

Necker S2+

DOD LS460W

Last edited:
Those Necker cameras do look good and seem to be popping up in a few places. Wondering if they're they A7LA70D and OV4689 again.

I've gone through some night footage and here are a load of comparison shots to the Mobius.

ls460w-1.jpg mobius-1.jpg ls460w-2.jpg mobius-2.jpg ls460w-3.jpg mobius-3.jpg ls460w-4.jpg mobius-4.jpg ls460w-5.jpg mobius-5.jpg

This LS460W is definitely looking a bit better than the old one - just need a warm day now to see if the focus issue is still there - and from various reading I've done I'm assuming it will be!

Strangely the Mobius looked sharper played back on the TV via XBMC whereas the screenshots show the LS460W as being sharper

big problem in day and night is like mine blurry / fuzzy recording.
I am still waiting for a solution from the vendor or producer, I have all written

That's a potent combination - still waiting to get my hands on a camera with that combo.

If we weren't getting our pants pulled down in Europe for the Marcus 4 I'd have been tempted as they don't tend to have any focus issues in heat - they just look like a brick (but on the plus side my 52mm CPL would work).

big problem in day and night is like mine blurry / fuzzy recording.
I am still waiting for a solution from the vendor or producer, I have all written
They did swap mine over but in certain light this new one is the same as yours. I think the software is taking the exposure too high in daylight, if it was less aggressive it should result in a sharper pic.

Does anyone have theirs hard wired to use motion detection? If so, which is the best way to hard wire the camera, as I asked a UK supplier and they said they don't advise it as it could damage the camera and invalidate the warranty. They also said to make sure motion detection was off when driving, which seems inconvenient if you have to change the setting whenever parking the car.

Does anyone have theirs hard wired to use motion detection? If so, which is the best way to hard wire the camera, as I asked a UK supplier and they said they don't advise it as it could damage the camera and invalidate the warranty. They also said to make sure motion detection was off when driving, which seems inconvenient if you have to change the setting whenever parking the car.

probably good advice really, hard wiring to a permanent power source is not advisable for cameras with internal batteries, and the motion detect doesn't work very well on these and you'd find if you left it on all the time you'd miss things when it really should be recording, wrong product for this usage scenario

Back