2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

Would like to jump on this bandwagon too, but my current situation demand i turn every penny to make ends meet.

On the flip side i have just been added to yet another job / temp agency, so maybe i get lucky soon.

So anyone know of something in the pipes with this set of features and specs, but uses standard SD cards instead of microSD? I archive footage daily and as much as I like the X2, the use of microSD would make that task more difficult and risky than it needs to be. Now if a simple automatic wifi offload system were to be developed, then the X2 would be just about perfect.

KuoH

So anyone know of something in the pipes with this set of features and specs, but uses standard SD cards instead of microSD? I archive footage daily and as much as I like the X2, the use of microSD would make that task more difficult and risky than it needs to be. Now if a simple automatic wifi offload system were to be developed, then the X2 would be just about perfect.

KuoH

While not tested yet, you can probably use microSD to SD ribbon cable adapters. (Available on Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress etc)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0085GGO92
https://www.ebay.com/itm/161027484376
http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-micro-sd-card-extension-cable.html

31HqbDQO4tL.jpg

Last edited:
Did the X2 land with the batch of Gs you had Jon? Can't wait to see more footage from you and Alex :)

There are only few samples made. As I know, Niko is getting first sample for beta-testing. We will see results soon. I'll get one when it's all green lights.

Last edited:
Awesome thanks gents - I've got 4 cams on the way in the next two weeks - nothing Panorama related yet unfortunately (all lower end 1 channel stuff) so they'll keep me busy while I get jealous of the quality you guys are seeing :)

I've got to stop buying cams after the X2 anyway as need to put everything in the wedding fund - everyone's having cheese sandwiches at the rate I'm going :D

Last edited:
Wow this good news, performance keeps getting better. (No sample to share yet)
:)

October 3rd, 4:45PM -08 PST

"I made a new test firmware for x2, Very bright, no noise"

Last edited:
What gps goes with it. I am sure it's not built in like panorama G right?

Not bad at all :) make me think even harder about who at powerucc one have to motivate to get this camera made with 2 seperate cameras ASAP.
If that happened i think i would snag up 2 sets and be done with dashcams for a cuple of years untill the next high arrive in dashcam technology.

Not bad at all :) make me think even harder about who at powerucc one have to motivate to get this camera made with 2 seperate cameras ASAP.
If that happened i think i would snag up 2 sets and be done with dashcams for a cuple of years untill the next high arrive in dashcam technology.

it will go that way at some stage I'm sure

I might consider this for short term use until a two channel remote dvr camera becomes available. But I do need a few questions answered to determine whether this camera will work in my vehicle:
  1. Does anyone know the dimensions of the cameras? To determine if the front camera will fit behind my rearview mirror.
  2. Is the cable for the rearview camera 11.5 feet as the manual says and if so can an extension be added? I need a minimum of 15 feet running straight down the center of my roof from the mirror to the top center of my back window of my Ford Flex. Fortunately, I do not have a sun roof would interfere with a straight run. With the number of larger SUV's in the US, a 18-20 foot cable would be a reasonable length option.
  3. If I am able to add an extension cable, is there a recommended cable and will this degrade the camera's performance?
  4. The roof above the insulation gets very hot in the summer Florida sun, will the heat damage the cable in time?
I know some of these questions may be difficult to answer at present, but any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

I might consider this for short term use until a two channel remote dvr camera becomes available. But I do need a few questions answered to determine whether this camera will work in my vehicle:
  1. Does anyone know the dimensions of the cameras? To determine if the front camera will fit behind my rearview mirror.
  2. Is the cable for the rearview camera 11.5 feet as the manual says and if so can an extension be added? I need a minimum of 15 feet running straight down the center of my roof from the mirror to the top center of my back window of my Ford Flex. Fortunately, I do not have a sun roof would interfere with a straight run. With the number of larger SUV's in the US, a 18-20 foot cable would be a reasonable length option.
  3. If I am able to add an extension cable, is there a recommended cable and will this degrade the camera's performance?
  4. The roof above the insulation gets very hot in the summer Florida sun, will the heat damage the cable in time?
I know some of these questions may be difficult to answer at present, but any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
I can give answer. But hope to try by yourself. the cable should not cut. it means you should use special cable. Try it. why not?

wrdj20 i think you will neeed more than just the mesurments of the camera housing, adding the mount bracket will make it take up even more room.

But perhaps nico will provide some mesurments for the camera both the parts themself and when mounted, as his unboxing video indicate it seem like he will have to use the DIY bracket he cut down in he should install it for good in his car.

Me i have no problem in my little car, the RV mirror is mounted off the headliner/roof, so i can fit 2 HI8 camcorders in front of my mirror if i need to.

Awesome stuff @niko - really looking forward to seeing your footage over this side of the world! Those other new cams you've posted videos of look interesting too!

Daft question but if the remote camera is USB can you use it in a PC?

I doubt the rear cam can be plugget into a PC and act as a webcam, i think the USB is just used for its small form factor.

BUT i am guessing here !!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back