0803 -> 0805 .. but what to get for parked mode?

d0n

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I usedto have the 0803 and I had problems with overheating and the camera breaking. I will have ti replaced now with the 0805. I live in Los Angeles where the climate is very hot and I would like to use the camera on continously recording even in parking mode. I already have the charger hardwired and it's all functioning great, but I need to get a camera which would resist the heat and would pretty much record 24/7. Will the 0805 be good for this? Or do I need to look into getting a different camera all together?

Thanks for the tips

The mini has a battery and will not last through the Summer heat when hard wired. Check out a super capacitor based product

suggestions on anything more specific? what are the top 3 with a super capacitor? will the hardwire setup (mini usb?) that I have for the mini work for those?

https://dashcamtalk.com/cdv300x/

the CDV300x would be best for my purpose? park mode/high heat/has same connector as mini 0803, so i can use my hardwire setup? or can anyone think of anything better

or the
Panorama X1

or the
SG9665GC?

I'm confused with which one is best to get..

Last edited:
SG9665GC then?

Ok let's forget the CDv then. Should I just go with the SG9665GC?

It seems to have GPs and be good quality and has capacitor so is better for my use than the 0805 right?

Ok let's forget the CDv then. Should I just go with the SG9665GC?

It seems to have GPs and be good quality and has capacitor so is better for my use than the 0805 right?
yeah the 0805 is also battery and runs quite warm, the A7 processor works hard to produce results

Seems like it will be coming down to either the SG9665GC or the panorama g.

Any suggestions on which one?

Or is there something better on the market.

Both are excellent.

GC is more discrete than the G and you can aim the G to the side vs fixed GC. Both have high Heat super caps and good night performance.

The SG9665GC uses a fast pause/record motion detection.
If you need to have something that pre-buffers 5 seconds before the motion detection/g-sensor even, the SGZC12SG (aka Panorama G) does it.

Back