0906 disassembly

Call DHL again 7:50pm, just before end of day and it didn't sound like the driver was send out to look for the packet.:oops:
I don't know how DHL will track a packet, if people have taken it inside there house, but I hope it end up at some nice responsible people, that will handle the packet over to me.:unsure:
I guess I have to wait a little, before I can do any update.:sleep:

Those lenses and ribbon cables Rayman sent you are probably on eBay by now! :D

Well, whatever really happened or happens, DHL is definitely holding the bag, either way.:X3:

Last edited:
I don't have to use the two resistors if my cam is not shutting down right?

I don't have to use the two resistors if my cam is not shutting down right?
No. Why try to fix a problem there not there. But just keep them in case.

@Nigel
Use tweezers to remove/solder the resistor

I've removed mine for now to disable the temp protection (haven't received the new lens + resistor yet)

havefun.jpg
Measured resistance: 9.06kΩ

Success: 00°C
00.jpg

Last edited:
Measured resistance: 9.06kΩ
My resistor still on the PCB measured 9.09K, assuming my meter is accurate, gave me about 85C on the display before shutdown.

I do wonder if we needed to change the lens base? The bases all look the same, if you don't change the base then there is no need to separate the PCBs and struggle with those ribbon cables. So for those with less delicate fingers...

This new lens appears to be wider angle, while waiting for the new lens to arrive I tried to sand down my CPL so that it wouldn't appear in the corners of the image, now it is much worse, and still not centred on the image, I think the sensor is offset from the centre of the lens a little, or maybe the sensor has a few more pixels than 1080 and we are looking at the leftmost 1080 instead of the centre 1080?

y4meG5ZIIrhaIq5nGBOYXFZoaJon5QgfHe7C1GBHjkH3GgA5pInLvCVGllUVm5KJhJJyieQXFl7ELXcorG6hQD4NjEBKTmRqpMQzF5iUNBgcnzvAcJ03ZLcEXWx3jJN5fMBnYzyIETqopLyI7O5Qcrjf6_f8KWSFPkSAlm-3c54dgd_u_mB7AWHDhZhA_Qi6IQYhJhiXsTXcDQWgeznWT2gSQ

Need more bitrate, it recorded this at 5.2Mb/s !

upload_2017-5-17_17-18-12.png

And a little less sharpening...

Last edited:

• I do wonder if we needed to change the lens base? The bases all look the same, if you don't change the base then there is no need to separate the PCBs and struggle with those ribbon cables. So for those with less delicate fingers...

Would there not be some glue to seal the lens to base, so you can't unscrew it?

I have not open the cam yet, since I'm waiting for DHL to locate my packet. I have to wait until Friday for a result or that someone swing by me with the packet.
    I react fast, so DHL could have redirect there driver back to the place same day. But from the call from I got this morning, I could understand there will first start there "investigation" today. Then I don't know how there will spot a wrong delivered packet inside a house.
    I just have to hope the best.

only dashcam situation where i could see VBR being usefull are for parking guard, otherwise i would prefer a locked in bitrate for normal operation.

Not sure if you can do both VBR and CBR without a reboot.

Would there not be some glue to seal the lens to base, so you can't unscrew it?
There is some glue to lock it in place, but after scraping it with a small screwdriver a couple of times I was able to turn the lens easily. Unscrewing it and screwing in the replacement would have saved a lot of time, but I don't know that the bases are the same, they just look the same.

Has anyone tried a production mini 0806 CPL with the new lens?
I might just buy a new one, but not if it is still going to cut the corners off, which looks a possibility!

only dashcam situation where i could see VBR being usefull are for parking guard, otherwise i would prefer a locked in bitrate for normal operation.

Not sure if you can do both VBR and CBR without a reboot.
Agreed, but if you are changing the framerate for parking mode, you can change the fixed bit rate at the same time so VBR is still unnecessary.

I do wonder if we needed to change the lens base? The bases all look the same, if you don't change the base then there is no need to separate the PCBs and struggle with those ribbon cables.

I've been wondering if they are the same as well. The material doesn't really look like FRP which is what I was anticipating with this camera. Perhaps the new bases are of a different, more thermally stable compound than the one currently in the camera?
Maybe @Rayman.Chan can clarify for us whether the bases need to be swapped and what type of plastic they are made from.

I've been wondering if they are the same as well. The material doesn't really look like FRP which is what I was anticipating with this camera. Perhaps the new bases are of a different, more thermally stable compound than the one currently in the camera?
Maybe @Rayman.Chan can clarify for us whether the bases need to be swapped and what type of plastic they are made from.
Under the microscope I can see the fibres so it is definitely Fibre Reinforced Plastic, not sure what the fibres are, could believe the new ones are carbon fibres, the old ones look a bit different, not fine enough for carbon and not straight enough for glass. Maybe they are different

Under the microscope I can see the fibres so it is definitely Fibre Reinforced Plastic, not sure what the fibres are, could believe the new ones are carbon fibres, the old ones look a bit different, not fine enough for carbon and not straight enough for glass. Maybe they are different

These mounts look vastly different from other FRP M12 lens mounts I am familiar with which are immediately obvious as a fiber reinforced compound. With a magnifying glass I could see lines but it was hard to tell if I was seeing distinct fibers or perhaps something in the way it was molded and finished. Parts of the mount look quite smooth. No doubt a microscope would reveal greater detail. I would be interested in knowing more about what we've got here, in any event.

I am going to try to fix my 0906 (Lens, Mic, RTC battery) Anyone knows the spec for the RTC battery?

Okay i just tried to shift over the socket and lens, but really i dont think that will bring much change as it dident feel like i was able to shift the socket in any sideways direction, up and down between the 2 socket screws there did seem to be some slop, but its not in top or bottom of the footage i saw the footage being out of focus.

Got my packet and I have change R12 since I got a problem with heat and the lens.
The temperature show 0C, so I guess I didn't manage to soldering is not good enough. Its just to bad, way to small for me.

My biggest problem it does not detect SD card anymore. I have tried 3 different cards and format also.

Any advise ?

Got my packet and I have change R12 since I got a problem with heat and the lens.
The temperature show 0C, so I guess I didn't manage to soldering is not good enough. Its just to bad, way to small for me.

My biggest problem it does not detect SD card anymore. I have tried 3 different cards and format also.

Any advise ?
Check the flex cables.
The resistor shouldnt affect sdcard at all

Okay i just tried to shift over the socket and lens, but really i dont think that will bring much change as it dident feel like i was able to shift the socket in any sideways direction, up and down between the 2 socket screws there did seem to be some slop, but its not in top or bottom of the footage i saw the footage being out of focus.
Mine is now a little out of focus on the left, watching back at the focussing video, it came into focus on the left first, then went out of focus by the time the centre and right where in focus, so it seems the mount isn't sitting flat. The original mount appears to have been sanded flat on the bottom, the 2nd replacement hasn't been. I'll have to take it apart again and investigate, maybe give the mount a sanding on the bottom, or maybe just rotating 180 will work, although I guess it will then be like yours and out of focus on the right!

Check the flex cables.
I checked the cable . Maybe one of the lock is lose (not broken). I guess it not build to be taken apart and installed again. I tried to be very careful with all process.
The power from GPS is not working either. I don't see any broken cable either. :(
So I guess I'm finish as test person unless @Rayman.Chan would be so kind to send another one to me.

Back