0906 public test - bug list in live

I don't. But that it's my best guess when I see the temperature hit 73C, its shutting down each time and it been doing it for more than 25 times over multi days. My A119s sitting on the same power splitter, so its not the power problem. The temperature switch 72 btw. 73 and then shutdown.

Is this only with the newer firmware?

Is this only with the newer firmware?
When I was using the camera in the beginning it was cold and rainy here, so the temperature was never high with the 1 firmware.
So I can't confirm that.
The firmware 2017o503 v1 is in use on the video clip.

try setting the G-Sensor to high and compare, just thinking if it's so sensitive when set to low they may have the settings the wrong way around, could be something that simple (have seen it happen before) so worth double checking

OK, I tried it and setting GPS to high sensitivity just makes it worse. :( GPS is definitely too sensitive, even set on low. The basic design of the camera mount doesn't help on bumpy roads either. I'll have more to say on that later.

OK, I tried it and setting GPS to high sensitivity just makes it worse. :( GPS is definitely too sensitive, even set on low. The basic design of the camera mount doesn't help on bumpy roads either. I'll have more to say on that later.

yeah I saw the others had tried this already and found the same, must just be set wrong, something they'll be able to sort out in the firmware I'm sure

When driving under trees with sunshine, the sunny bits get seriously over exposed. The dark bits are nice, but I wonder if it is possible to improve the exposure a bit so that the bright parts are not quite so over exposed?

This example starts OK, but then under the trees there is too much over exposure, and then when I get to the end of the trees everything is pure white for a short time:

Also, I noticed in that clip the GPS speed was not working, and there is no GPS log file, I thought my GPS was working well!

I've just driven from Leeds to Donald Trump's golf course in Scotland (around 220 miles and five hours driving) and the 0906 was stable all the way. Ambient temps went up to 22 degrees and I didn't see the camera go above 71c during the journey.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nigel I did have some files where GPS was stamped on the video ok including speed but the file was free of metadata. Anothee bug for the guys to fix :)

On Wednesday I posted some screen shots and commentary about how the 0906 appears to have bit rate related image deterioration issues when running both the front and rear cameras. The VBR bit rate on both channels was approximately 12 Mbit/s in those images.

So yesterday, I decided to disconnect the rear camera and try shooting at 60fps with a higher anticipated VBR bit rate to see what the results might be. Well, the results were pretty abysmal.

Note that the bit rate here is 27.25 Mbit/s which should be plenty for good image capture, except that the leaves in the trees and red flowers on the quince bushes are rendered quite poorly. Focus is not great either.
This was a cool day with the ambient temperature just below 60º Fahrenheit. At this point I had only been driving for less than four minutes and the GPS had not acquired data yet. The camera showed a temp of 43º C when I departed.
0906_a.jpg

Here some 26 minutes later the bit rate drops to 20.17 Mbits/s and focus has deteriorated further. Not sure exactly when the camera picked up GPS but here the data is shown stamped on the image.
0906_b.jpg

Here it is now after 8 PM. The camera's low light performance is outstanding as the video appears much brighter than real world conditions at that time of day, especially under a canopy of trees.
Earlier in the day I stopped to change to 30 fps just to see what the differences might be. Note that the bit rate drops to 14.84 Mbit/s.
The primary thing to note here that the camera has gone seriously out of focus on both sides of the FOV, especially noticeable on the lower corners. I had been driving for about an hour.

Meanwhile, I am still running my SG9665GC and three Mobius cameras the whole time. They started out being powered via 12V adapters but when I arrived at my destination I switched all four cameras to power banks and left them running on the banks for the rest of the day so at this point they had been operating non-stop for about five hours. Video was tack-sharp as always.
0906_c.jpg

Last edited:
The primary thing to note here that the camera has gone seriously out of focus on both sides of the FOV, especially noticeable on the lower corners. I had been driving for about an hour.
Fairly sure that is motion blur, not a focus issue.
Motion blur on this camera seems a bit odd, I wonder if it is using some sort of HDR?

On your first two images, I know it was a full moon last night, but I'm still impressed by the image quality for 3AM as shown on the timestamp at the bottom of the image :D

Nigel I did have some files where GPS was stamped on the video ok including speed but the file was free of metadata. Anothee bug for the guys to fix :)

Not too sure how to look at the GPS/G-sensor stream in the video files?
Registrator Viewer certainly doesn't show it correctly for me.
MediaInfo doesn't even tell me it is there.

I was looking in the log files, presumably they contain the same data when they exist.

Fairly sure that is motion blur, not a focus issue.
Motion blur on this camera seems a bit odd, I wonder if it is using some sort of HDR?

On your first two images, I know it was a full moon last night, but I'm still impressed by the image quality for 3AM as shown on the timestamp at the bottom of the image :D

There's certainly motion blur going on here too but this camera goes seriously out of focus.
Here's a different image from yesterday. Note that the hood of my vehicle is out of focus on both sides as well as the vehicle out in front of me traveling at the same speed so there's something going on here beyond motion blur.
What I noticed about these focus issues yesterday was that they are highly variable and can change throughout the day according to the conditions the camera is experiencing such as when I opened the windows while out on the highway specifically to cool the camera down.
0909_d.jpg

Yeah that's focus soft for sure.

I got a little front and rear footage in today, mixed up with the L side mobius.

Not too sure how to look at the GPS/G-sensor stream in the video files?
Registrator Viewer certainly doesn't show it correctly for me.
MediaInfo doesn't even tell me it is there.

I was looking in the log files, presumably they contain the same data when they exist.
You're right in that it doesn't seem to be in the video files - it's just written to those log files as when I manually move the files around they were all missing GPS data in Registrator Viewer if the .log files aren't also with the video files :/

Just came home from a trip to south Virginia. I was raining all the way out and got some nice weather on the way home.

Rainy weather.JPG

@thancam Plug you ear:muted:
Same low bitrate through the video.

On this video I feel its grainy, but be the judge. Only 6120 Kbps at lowest rate.
View form the peak 10+
BRP.JPG

Danes only get that high up in a airplane :D

Danes only get that high up in a airplane :D
So is your bitrate graph flat like in Viking's first video driving on the flat, not mountainous like his second video made in the mountains?

So is your bitrate graph flat like in Viking's first video driving on the flat, not mountainous like his second video made in the mountains?

Your right. I think the bitrate is set by the air pressure.

Been out for a test drive with a new lens and socket installed, seem like the right side are OOF now

Will grab some frames in suitable places so you can see for yourself,,,,,, brb

As you can see its the outer 1/4 of the right side of the frame that's the problem now, left side look much better though i think i am still a tiny bit off the sweet spot.

Did carefully install the socket for the lens, but it still appear like something must have gone wrong.
I cant remember if right side are OFF then the mount are too left compared to the sensor ??

OOF1.jpg

OOF2.jpg

Last edited:
Back