0906 public test - bug list in live

anyone can share some images from the rear camera?
i have black film on my rear windshield so the rear video is really dark in my test here

my wife has the car with the SD card in at this moment but here's two short clips that were taken in over cast evening (sorry for my wife's singing but she's in a women's choir and rehearse in the car), but even with the CD playing and her singing we can still hear the indicators ticking, which I think is a good thing if in a dispute

when I was using the Blackvue DR500GW when getting under these trees near my house, the Blackvue was slow on reacting to light variations and when coming to the dark light under these treas the images would show a sudden bright (over exposed) bit then a second or two later would darken back to normal, I didn't notice any of this on both the front and rear camera. I think it handled this situation well

I plan of seeing if I can get the lens closer to the windscreen without it touching it, and this way hope it eliminates the screen heater elements (lines)

I could of cleaned the glass a bit I suppose :)

anyone can share some images from the rear camera?
i have black film on my rear windshield so the rear video is really dark in my test here

We just got a storm passing by last week and took down one of my big Oak trees and some part of the neighborhood lost there power. So it have take my focus away from the camera. Sorry.

Here is from the back camera on a Toyota mini van. Very dark tint.

IMGP1552.JPG IMGP1553.JPG IMGP1554.JPG

Has there been any firmware updates since ver 20170503 v1 ?

a frimware will be released on Wed or Thu,
with most items improved in the bug list

Here are some examples from my rear camera almost, in different light conditions. 1280x720 30fps. What do you think guys? What is your opinion about the quality?

Last edited:
Seems that my rear camera needs a CPL.

Never had much of a problem with the mini 0806 at the back without CPL but for some reason this one seems worse.
I am impressed by the ability of the front sensor to capture high speed number plates that are near the edge of the image where most cameras would just see blur, high sensitivity = less motion blur :)

y4mFvzAJL5zvXWauLSBzWODNV5MfBqkEh67L0mEGYWurKUFtAEXA68g-f30s69SXlm7hAJNOxnLgNtEfngrzrggzssZxhrUMnNBOu1p4_G_BQE8Rujfy242AyVDMJqg7nmpE_fS1z9fIXd3TOC9uvwmEyGimxay-raXMMWsQUFTSe1PuLw32AZQhU6dWWA736Z8ia-q4u0li-fpGA9mP-QJJw

Did the car behind not see the approaching car, or did she not care about causing an accident?

For some reason the Auto Exposure turns the brightness down when I go into the dark under trees, so it looks like my headlights don't work in the dark, only in the light :confused: Rear camera is fine, only the front is wrong:

My headlights worked last night:

Although it was a lot darker this time, as you can see in the rear view, I think the difference may be that last night I set the EV to +1. Not sure what it was on the first night video, it may have been -1, still doesn't explain turning the sensitivity down in the dark though!

Some other issues:
  • Yesterday I parked the car, turned the camera off, then turned it back on to check the temperature, then turned it off again before the capacitor had charged. The video from before parking had the GPS time and speed overlay at the bottom; on the video from after parking the GPS overlay has disappeared, it appears to have reset to default settings when it didn't shut down properly because I didn't leave it on for long enough to charge the capacitor.
  • Can we have the 1 second overlap between loop recording sections removed? Currently we can't concatenate the sections without having to delete 1 second from every segment.
  • Can we have the EV in smaller steps please, steps of 1 are too big, probably nobody will ever want more than +-1. Maybe 0.0, 0.3, 0.7, 1.0 like a "proper" camera.

Yesterday I parked the car, turned the camera off, then turned it back on to check the temperature, then turned it off again before the capacitor had charged. The video from before parking had the GPS time and speed overlay at the bottom; on the video from after parking the GPS overlay has disappeared, it appears to have reset to default settings when it didn't shut down properly because I didn't leave it on for long enough to charge the capacitor.

how about today? have you checked the setting? are they reset?
if it is too short the GPS may not connected to satellites so no record there

Nigel,
for the rear camera, I think it is mounted far awar from rear windshield so there are a lot of reflection?

how about today? have you checked the setting? are they reset?
if it is too short the GPS may not connected to satellites so no record there
I haven't driven the car today, but there was GPS data in the logs from yesterday after the overlay disappeared, and I think even if there were no satellites it would still show the time and 0mph on the overlay. I will watch to see if it happens again.

Nigel,
for the rear camera, I think it is mounted far awar from rear windshield so there are a lot of reflection?
It is mounted on the glass with the mount it arrived with. But it is higher up the glass than the 0806 was so maybe that is the difference.

The glass on my car is a shallow angle, very far from vertical so is not good for reflections when it is sunny, it is not a problem if there is no sun.

I finally received the new parts today (and didnt have to pay anything this time, no idea what happened :p)
Swapping the resistor worked better than expected, but I should have removed the remaining flux afterwards. (Yes I know theres way too much solder on the resistor but it was hard enough since it was really really small) We'll see if this helps with tempature issues
resistor.jpg

The new lens has a wider angel in my opinion, before exchanging the lens the camera couldnt see the SGGC next to it, but now it does. Seems like I have to remount it (maybe this also fixes my gps issues)

Before:
before.jpg

After (new lens):
after.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I know theres way too much solder on the resistor but it was hard enough since it was really really small

That look really good.(y)

That resistor is small like a flee. Yes like a flee.:watching:

I got a Weller soldering iron with a needle tip, very thin soldering thread and I couldn't do it. :oldman:

So my temperature is 0c, but its better that it shut down all the time.:smuggrin:

@Tobi@s

If you open the cam in one of the day, do you mind to measure, if the closet leg on R12 is connected to the neighbor resistor. (0 Ohm)

Other are also welcome, if you got a multi-meter.

@Tobi@s

If you open the cam in one of the day, do you mind to measure, if the closet leg on R12 is connected to the neighbor resistor. (0 Ohm)

Other are also welcome, if you got a multi-meter.
Yes they are, just checked it

Nigel,
This is how it was mounted, I don't think I can get it much closer:
y4m4ebeQabH_12v1FxqZsQOdwa-Cathxf-petK6Tve1foWwqZ-x747PbZRTFBDQJuVdHaizn9fhYrCUyEuvIDB63PXZvj7_STmdqUF1gd87LtYkzFKDqLf_k1m6uV7mEC-MrA80t4TMvU_x5vF0YaQP79h3swHaL_dOYoON-dTtwX9TfPdAtu2JNlBQvKuasTKXohonaEdQ_WK2zoMvVXHtWA

The mini0803 GPS mount on the right is where the mini 0806 was, and the mount on the left is for Gitup Git1, but that has a CPL.

As it is waterproof, maybe I should mount it outside :unsure:

This is how it was mounted, I don't think I can get it much closer:

The mini0803 GPS mount on the right is where the mini 0806 was, and the mount on the left is for Gitup Git1, but that has a CPL.

As it is waterproof, maybe I should mount it outside :unsure:
I would never mount it outside, the lens will get dirty in like no time? At least I think so

I would never mount it outside, the lens will get dirty in like no time? At least I think so
I'll need a miniature version of this:
a7501404-230-997_0120.JPG

I think a blast of compressed air from an air horn compressor would work better, maybe combined with the window washer jet...

I think its gonna be the deluxe version of the cam.
I'll need a miniature version of this:
a7501404-230-997_0120.JPG

I think a blast of compressed air from an air horn compressor would work better, maybe combined with the window washer jet...

(Yes I know theres way too much solder on the resistor but it was hard enough since it was really really small)
Not as beautiful as yours replacement, but most important, it works.
I made a fine adjustment to the lens and took extra patience with the cable.
So I'm back in businesses for next firmware update.
10K.jpg

Back