0906 public test - bug list in live

O and BTW i seem to have shifter the lens just a fraction too far, or maybe there are some edge blurriness ?

focusing is a patient work you need to check carefully.
first please make sure the screws are fixed totally in same force to makesure the lens base sit correctly,
then please check 5 points (center, T-L, T-R, B-L, B-R) carefully when focusing, any area will effect the result.
that is why we send 2 new lens in the parcel, to survive the guys who are not good on mod.

Yes, no wonder there are machines made now to focus cameras, doing it manually with little more than the fingers are hard.

But it can be done, just be patient and dont rush anything.

first please make sure the screws are fixed totally in same force to makesure the lens base sit correctly,
And it is probably best to tighten them only enough to hold the base, not a little extra, the plastic is not very strong.

The bottom of these bases is not very smooth and they have a few fibres sticking out which I think might explain why mine went out of focus on the left.
I've now swapped for the other new base, and sanded it flat with 800 grit sandpaper on a perfectly flat surface before fitting. Much better now :)

Before sanding:
y4mFzi4B9AEBniWV2_WyXxTDObqgQpwSm-Cgv5gLYUeTdODSR9Z2EPG_6TvWjF5o09fgzS9cCM703U4Mf1swQ1GUOBRvbIFP3qQGkD-iZ9UCRjR_5C6P72KkQuvBZR69Vh2Y99Yc2DyZv9tFr_SAo-QihyFJeo-DBsQm22C72sJVQFshWEX4qoH6sY_ZUv4bPPSb5mPUIiRFBk0-HQRLfqA0A

After:
y4mDYo3nlA8ai-o7QsigbPFJUf54QIKGlL1aS3iXFN7qXcI_UAg9R6oQ114t8CPGce1_mn2ZmWvRfNa5el7SwIU5ZfZmh8UElrciOEHj5E-yO6B-DO755pXLRx4CdGrkRkoNAoqdSk1BkCAOoaiMHErvaz-SBdm2XZX0x3Du5_Fs7OMt0vVTaAcwYGJ8XSmNitrruFB1XxbOMkSlPe1JcfQ0w

Reinforcing fibre sticking out:
y4mEDXDxNCBUabOlFZJHK4_jzGINwhrHJuBkOXkbzJKXAteSWMEwvUvZR-A-yvWQhwV4lHZCygbf2OSLCpqNQdtJ6ag6SS9kkxvUj0ChoJtLGDop5USCckWYmfcai3KnUOTZ6xAyZ5AF3jGpIF31SybVZKp0O-eJ7w5Xb_EOFcP0MJ6QyAg_Ll7c35W3ZNdZUIt_bBuJFc-63PAej5h0FrxVw

Don't overdo the sanding, this was just 1 stroke across the sandpaper in each of the 8 compass directions, turning it each time so that it sanded evenly, and sanding against a hard perfectly flat surface (eg sheet of glass). You can see from the darker areas in the corners that are only partially sanded that the base was not completely flat to start with.

Last edited:
For some reason the Auto Exposure turns the brightness down when I go into the dark under trees, so it looks like my headlights don't work in the dark, only in the light :confused: Rear camera is fine, only the front is wrong:

And it is probably best to tighten them only enough to hold the base, not a little extra, the plastic is not very strong.

The bottom of these bases is not very smooth and they have a few fibres sticking out which I think might explain why mine went out of focus on the left.
I've now swapped for the other new base, and sanded it flat with 800 grit sandpaper on a perfectly flat surface before fitting. Much better now :)

please be care on this as manual sanding may change the verticality of lens axis, then the lens will be out of focus forever

That do look weird Nigel :confused:

Due to challenges mounting the rear camera that will require a solution I just don't have time for at the moment I've mounted the 0906 rear camera in the right rear window of my truck which necessitates the need for the "rear camera flip" option for me.

The "rear camera flip" option does indeed work properly now for me with the new firmware, so that's good, but now I have all the new issues @reverend mentions too.

I mounted the test 0906 on my our family/wife's car (Ford Fiesta) as that gets the most use,
when going to mount the camera on the rear windscreen, I too found it virtually impossible to mount the camera anywhere near the rear window edge due to the small bracket, so I improvised with a box section just happens to be made of metal, was looking for something plastic but came across this first so used it

I used gorilla double sided tape to mount my home made bracket to the rear hatch, what I found was that after a few days of opening and closing the rear hatch, the sticky pad that came with the rear camera mount wasn't durable to take the opening and slamming of the boot hatch and only least a few days before the camera came unstuck, from the mount it came with, so I used another strip of gorilla tape from the camera bracket the my home made bracket

a few images showing my home made bracket, these were taken soon after fitting the camera to the car so had not yet used gorilla tape on the camera mount

back_cam1-SMALL-.jpg

back_cam2-SMALL-.jpg

back_cam3-SMALL-.jpg

I too think it'll be much neater to have 2 folders, one for front camera and one for the rear camera, and maybe a third for the GPS data

It seem messing with the file structure are hard, at least at the moment.

I see no problem having the A and B files as long as corresponding files are in pairs, having to go to 2 folders will complicate things at least a little.

It would be nice if event files was steered off into a dedicated folder, and also the GPS files when they appear in between the A and B files it do ruin the feeling of order.

But its early days, and i am sure a lot of smart people are looking at what they can do to optimize the products.

I mounted the test 0906 on my our family/wife's car (Ford Fiesta) as that gets the most use,
when going to mount the camera on the rear windscreen, I too found it virtually impossible to mount the camera anywhere near the rear window edge due to the small bracket, so I improvised with a box section just happens to be made of metal, was looking for something plastic but came across this first so used it

I used gorilla double sided tape to mount my home made bracket to the rear hatch, what I found was that after a few days of opening and closing the rear hatch, the sticky pad that came with the rear camera mount wasn't durable to take the opening and slamming of the boot hatch and only least a few days before the camera came unstuck, from the mount it came with, so I used another strip of gorilla tape from the camera bracket the my home made bracket

a few images showing my home made bracket, these were taken soon after fitting the camera to the car so had not yet used gorilla tape on the camera mount

back_cam1-SMALL-.jpg

back_cam2-SMALL-.jpg

back_cam3-SMALL-.jpg

I too think it'll be much neater to have 2 folders, one for front camera and one for the rear camera, and maybe a third for the GPS data

That looks great! I will have to do something similar but in my truck the camera needs to be mounted directly on the headliner. For the time being I don't wish to disturb the rear facing camera I currently have installed which is mounted with a tripod threaded mount. For me the solution will be to modify the bracket on the 0906 rear camera to accept a 1/4-20 tripod thread when I can make some time to devote to the task and then I will simply be able to use the custom DIY tripod mount I have there already. I like having the ability to easily swap cameras without having to re-do the entire mounting scheme, especially for a test camera that may not be permanent.

Last edited:
Well i do have made a pretty permanent install, but it would not take much to remove the camera again if need be.
And this hot time of the year i dont mind one bit being outside and tinkering with something.

Ill see if i can remember to snap a picture of the rear camera which i think i have neglected so far, but people familiar with my magnet mount in the rear will not be surprised.

I will probably have to redo or rework the install if i get another camera similar to this one, will have to thread its wires along the Right side of my car where the 0906 are routed in the Left side.
I have to do something with the 0906 rear camera as now i have too much exposed wire in the rear window due to the slack i got to have as my car are a hatchback.
BUT ! i am sure i can work something out with little effort.

have you removed the protect firm of the rear camera?
or the lens is fingerprinted or dirty? and also the rear window
Yes, I have removed the protectors.The lens are without any fingerprints or dirt. I have noticed this "low quality footage" of rear camera took from the shadow or low light conditions only

anyone can share some images from the rear camera?
i have black film on my rear windshield so the rear video is really dark in my test here

anyone can share some images from the rear camera?
i have black film on my rear windshield so the rear video is really dark in my test here

I posted an image from the rear camera in this thread some time ago HERE. The camera is temporarily mounted on the rear right side window of my vehicle which has a fairly dark tint yet the image is not bad at all even with a challenging lighting situation.

The rear camera works great here too with the factory Volkswagen privacy / tinted rear glass.

I'm a big fan of the angle of this rear camera as it is as numberplate recognition is superb.

The rear camera i have are working just fine :)

I'm a big fan of the angle of this rear camera as it is as numberplate recognition is superb.
Agree with this, every time I've looked at the rear video it has been really good for a rear camera, only spoilt by low bitrate.

In the dark it is not as good as the front camera, might be nice to have an option of a version with an IMX 291 rear sensor even if it costs a little extra for that version.

Also, it doesn't have a heating problem, makes me wonder why we don't have 2 "rear" cameras and no sensor in the main unit!

Here is a picture of the mess i still see on the memory card.

I have no idea why some files are moved to the top of the listed files, i should have all manner of event files turned off.
The memory card was formatted on the 17 before my drive.

0906card_mess.jpg

I have been thinking the same ( 2 X 291 ) and if it could be done how it would impact end price.

But to be honest i think the current rear camera are fine back there, often its too dark or you have a car right behind you ( just read that 56% of Danes think people are not keeping a proper spacing in traffic )

Here is a picture of the mess i still see on the memory card.

I have no idea why some files are moved to the top of the listed files, i should have all manner of event files turned off.
The memory card was formatted on the 17 before my drive.

0906card_mess.jpg
Guessing you have an issue with the RTC battery (or it is a result of taking the camera apart causing the time reset to 2000 / 01 / 01 - the filename will originate from when the camera starts with the wrong time (ie 7 seconds after 20000101) and then by the time the end of the file is up it has a GPS lock so the filesystem date is correct.

Back