0906 public test - bug list in live

I think mine is out of focus at left down. The rear camera`s recording is not so nice
Drifting.jpg DriftingREAR.jpg Low Light2.jpg Low Lightjpg.jpg Low LightREAR.jpg SomePictures.jpg SomePictures2.jpg SomePictures3.jpg SomePictures4REAR.jpg

Last edited:
1.)
G sensor is too sensitive. During the normal driving, with Low G sensor adjustment, it`s locking the file (read only)- often.
2.)
The rear camera`s recording is flipping indeed, but only than, if I press the Power button to change the view on the display. I can flip back the rear camera with the restarting only
3.)
On the direct Sunlight, without air conditioning the camera is overheating and above 73C it restarts constantly.
With the air conditioning ON, air diffuser towards to the camera, I could manage to keep the camera`s temperature around 48C.
I attached Novatek Log.
4.)
GPS data display and logging is wrong.Instead of 47.297500 it shows and logs 4729.7500
Some log files are missing, what is creating a mess and missing data during the preview with GPS coordinates

GPS Data.jpg GPS Data2.jpg GPS Data3.jpg

Flip.jpg

Attachments

Dark and pouring with rain, but with the bright lights it almost looks sunny!
Hasn't quite got the colour of the traffic lights correct.
I've managed to get vertical halos on the lights, they vary depending on which way the wipers last went.
y4mFNdLkCCHiPfs4Xj1p5_Hrc55u-fdP2-Jy8MgS6KeGDUpTM_qz6bhs9jOQqmDN_DfHOf9o1s01s4OjOo1VI8f20HNWERDrQCKpULF_X0jVrCzdwafLsKKg5ifS3JB2X_ser3VlRCOiTii5g5wSg8yYe7mrmAUAtvVQ57f8F7NC7C299_tRRFswBGzDzz6U-3dISb9wqty0fi9pnsfIBeCTg

Near the start I stopped at some roadworks with a traffic light and turned the engine off while waiting, the camera stopped recording when I restarted the engine.
Near the end I stopped at some roadworks with a traffic light and turned the engine off while waiting, the camera started recording when I restarted the engine.

may i know how long will the engine take to ignite in your vehicle?

The default format used by the new chipset is different to what Registrator Viewer works with, I wonder if perhaps some of the file handling problems are due to the changes they've implemented trying to get it working with Registrator Viewer

the default naming logic is not perfect so we changed the naming codes, which bring some problems, especially when added GPS log.
when you developping your camera please take care on this.

the default naming logic is not perfect so we changed the naming codes, which bring some problems, especially when added GPS log.
when you developping your camera please take care on this.

we kept with the Novatek default way for this, it causes too many problems to try and rewrite it

It just shuts down until you boot it up again

in fact it should loop, the design spec is:
shut down at 90 degree C and re-start at 70 degreeC

if it won't auto re-start, there must be something wrong.

in fact it should loop, the design spec is:
shut down at 90 degree C and re-start at 70 degreeC

if it won't auto re-start, there must be something wrong.
To be honest I didn't wait long enough to cool down since I dont want to miss any footage when driving. So I manually powered it up again after it shut down

It could be a heat chamber, a heat gun, an infra-red heat lamp or sunshine inside the cab of an automobile

yes we have test with heat chamber + heat gun +sunshine here, with built-in temperature sensor and temperature gun on engineer sample, we believe the correct constant working temperature should be shown as around 75 degree. but we don't understand why some pre-production cameras show around 95 degree. we checked circuit, components, firmware, everything same but the shown is quite different. the only surmise can be on temperature sensor itself.

To be honest I didn't wait long enough to cool down since I dont want to miss any footage when driving. So I manually powered it up again after it shut down
Mine does restart with 67C on the screen.

If you are powering off a power bank to test it, you need a power bank that doesn't shut off when the camera shuts down!

we kept with the Novatek default way for this, it causes too many problems to try and rewrite it
I think it is sensible to stay with the default, then all these dual cameras will work with all the software instead of needing the software customised for each camera.

may i know how long will the engine take to ignite in your vehicle?
I did not turn the ignition off, so it would only have lost power while the starter was turning, about 1 second.

Also, I wasn't using your power adaptor, I have an Orico charger in the roof of my car to power multiple cameras: http://www.orico.cc/goods.php?id=5904

...so it may have lost power for less than 1 second.

I think it is sensible to stay with the default, then all these dual cameras will work with all the software instead of needing the software customised for each camera.
We're not spoilt for choice when it comes to playback software since the untimely end of development of Registrator Viewer put the brakes on support for newer models so I can certainly understand the attraction of trying to get the camera to work with it, not a simple task by any means though

I wasn't using your power adaptor, I have an charger in the roof of my car to power multiple cameras:

not a criticism for other chargers, but most chargers cant hold the marked current.
even the GW programable power supply can only provide 2.4A even it is marked 3A

yes we have test with heat chamber + heat gun +sunshine here, with built-in temperature sensor and temperature gun on engineer sample, we believe the correct constant working temperature should be shown as around 75 degree. but we don't understand why some pre-production cameras show around 95 degree. we checked circuit, components, firmware, everything same but the shown is quite different. the only surmise can be on temperature sensor itself.
When I first turn the camera on, if it was unused for a long time the temperature shown is always 5 degrees above air temperature, maybe some of them are more than this? Also, maybe the reading is a bit noisy, because it doesn't always shut down at the same temperature, sometimes 82, sometimes 85.

For me it has not been a big problem because it only reaches 82 if the car is parked in sunshine with the windows closed, or I put it in my greenhouse for testing.

not a criticism for other chargers, but most chargers cant hold the marked current.
even the GW programable power supply can only provide 2.4A even it is marked 3A
I know this one is very capable of providing 2A on all outputs, and when I had the problem I only had the mini 0906 plugged in, with rear camera.

I am going for a ride again to see in i can get up to a higher temperature than 70 that's my record so far.

I think mine is out of focus at left down. The rear camera`s recording is not so nice

have you removed the protect firm of the rear camera?
or the lens is fingerprinted or dirty? and also the rear window

Set a new all time high temperature today, 78 degrees and the 0906 working without a hiccup.
090678DEG.jpg

The x camera i use to film the 0906 on the other hand seen to have encountered some difficulties of some sort, the files it have made today are no way near the same size ( i am recording on low bitrate on the modified firmware, and i think that's 18 mbit for this firmware )

O and BTW i seem to have shifter the lens just a fraction too far, or maybe there are some edge blurriness ?

Would like to hear what you other guys think about blurriness at the very edge of the frame, i have not been at a location where i can easily compare both sides of the frame at once.

But i noticed this today on the right side, so maybe i just shifted the lens over a fraction too far in my attempt to cure the left hand side OOF yesterday.

Anyways will leave things as they are at the moment and look over the footage in the days to come.

It is not by much i can shift the socket and lens left and right, but it seem it only take 0.1 mm to make a difference.

Back