128GB Card

kevin_nj

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC (replaced A118)
From Amazon:

What is the largest memory card it can accept? what size card is the best?

A:

SG9665GC can natively support/format 64GB cards max since that's all the current Novatek SDK supports at the moment.
We've manually formatted 128GB cards FAT32 in a computer via special app and cluster size and after that it seems to work. We are still doing long term testing and so far so good.
This product will come with a 32GB pre-installed see less
Pier28 answered on July 9, 2015

Any further information on this?
A primary use of dash cam is for me is during plowing events. The cam proves conditions on my arrival and departure, not only weather conditions but also any damage that was present prior to my arrival and that there was no new damage at my time or departure. Therefore, I need to have long recording times. I currently run 32GB and 64GB cards and I will set a timer on my phone reminding me to swap them out; there are times a plowing event can last 16-20 hours; in some cases 28-36 hours over the course of 1-3 days, with limited down time for me to back up the cards. So the ability to use 128GB cards is very appealing to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, good to know I can use 128GB card if I want. The more I read up on the Mobius, the more that one is beginning to appeal to me. Smaller design, better heat sink, more customization. Only big drawback I see is that I need a PC anytime I want to change any setting. Playback in vehicle shouldn't be an issue as long as I keep an OTG adapter and smart phone with me.

Media playback isn't really an issue for me. If I needed to find a particular account I can go by timestamp (I keep a paper log with in/out times) or just scroll through until I see the area I'm after.

This is via usb cable I assume? I do not recall seeing wifi for the mobius. I do seem to recall reading that is highly recommended to do all configurations via PC though, not tablet.

Via OTG cable. I believe the Android App can do pretty much everything that the Windows program mSetup can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
64gb and below should only be formatted in the camera.

We prefer direct if you don't mind helping us avoid fees :)

Arrived yesterday, thanks for the fast service!

Back