2014 VicoVation Marcus-3, 1080p-60Fps, Super HD 2304 x 1296р, 3DNR, WDR, LDWS, FCWS , GPS, CPL

Me too, not that I can justify a new camera having just bought a WF1...but I could be tempted by a Marcus 3 or 5... ;)
Yeah i know how that is. I was so close to buying a new RX300 since I don't have a camera with GPS since my GS8000 died. I had it in my cart and almost pulled the trigger, but I have to be a little more responsible.

Yeah i know how that is. I was so close to buying a new RX300 since I don't have a camera with GPS since my GS8000 died. I had it in my cart and almost pulled the trigger, but I have to be a little more responsible.
I must admit for my purposes I think a good parking mode would be more useful than GPS. I have concluded that (at least for now) I don't want to record my speed (as it could be used against me, even if the excess is inconsequential), nor do I need a record of where I have been. With Vico apparently developing an intelligent parking mode for the WF1, I may be set for a while once that is released in a new firmware. But that said, that Marcus 3 sure is nice... :)

Just a heads up guys, I have spoken with Dashcams Australia and the comms issue was due to high demand, as you know dashcams are becoming very popular and the general public are definitely considering options from an insurance and safety perspective.

Will keep you posted with any further developments. If I'm able to source a camera I will produce a review, report on the distributor and a PowerPoint detailing pro's con's and differences to the TF2+ range.

does camera has Aptina AR0331 sensor or something other like New Sony Exmor? i can't find manufacturer of these sensor...

I just guess, it is not sony exmor, cause imx122 can not support 60 frame in full hd mode.

In Taiwan it cost 198usd. It says CPU Ambarella A7LA70, but nothing about CMOS :(

@up
any news?

looks like it's ar0331, picture quality looks more impressive than other cameras on ar0330,
lights at night time looks well balanced and not too bright at all..

Last edited:
should be aptina ar0331 - in Marcus 3 is CMOS 3.1mpix.
Aptina ar0331 has 3.1mpix too, 1080P 60 FPS and Up to 100 dB High Dynamic Range :D

should be aptina ar0331 - in Marcus 3 is CMOS 3.1mpix.
Aptina ar0331 has 3.1mpix too, 1080P 60 FPS and Up to 100 dB High Dynamic Range :D

AR0331 is quite good CMOS.
Just small correction: 100dB and up are considered real WDR ( wide dynamic range ). Everything less than that ( like AR0330 72dB) is HDR = High Dynamic Range.

Hmm ok but this is from official aptina specs

Alright. So I don't have one on hand just yet. Hopefully this next week here, but I have been trying to get my hands on as much footage as I can. I have noticed some users have footage that is a little rough where even the Raw Footage timestamp looks a little grainy while others it looks okay.

I still can't wait to get ahold of one, and since this is a new product running a newer A7 chip i'm going to try and tack it up to the new technology. After dealing with a TF2 and WF1 while the WF1 had a little trouble getting off the ground Vico really came around and fixed things so I am hoping at worst it's going to be the WF1 all over again and in a few months or so things will only get better.

Also note to self.

No more DashCams until jokiin's camera gets released.

Last edited by a moderator:
does marcus 3 have parking mode or pre-rec option? or just simply motion detetection?

It have a G-sensor so yes it should be able to trigger a recording if the car is hit while parked, this will offcourse mean the camera will have to be permanent connected to a power source.

I am not sure how many seconds the camera store before a event it triggered either by G-sensor or by pressing the manual event button, the manual or vicovations website should contain such information.

If in doubt try mailing og phone http://www.vicovation.de/ they can help you and in your native language to be sure there is no misundestandings.

I am not sure how many seconds the camera store before a event it triggered either by G-sensor or by pressing the manual event button.
Atleast with the TF2 and WF1 it is 30 seconds before and 30 seconds after the manual lock or emergency record button is pressed creating a locked one min clip.

in my DOD VRH3 when i activate parking mode (pre-recording), camera will start recording automaticly 5 sec. before movement appear, so marcus 3 can do this or not?

does marcus 3 have parking mode or pre-rec option? or just simply motion detetection?

This i'm not sure yet. I did notice that at night I had short videos that were 10 seconds to 1 minute long so I think the parking mode is automatic. I did not see any settings for it and I have not sat in the car long enough while running to hear any audio feedback that it's in parking mode.
The manual does not mention it either.

events are 30 seconds before and 30 seconds after, but it takes 2 - 5 minutes after pressing the event button for the video to process. It continues recording but you can't access anything else.

events are 30 seconds before and 30 seconds after, but it takes 2 - 5 minutes after pressing the event button for the video to process. It continues recording but you can't access anything else.
For some reason the WF1 takes longer than the TF2 to complete the process of locking a file. I'll try to test all three whe I can

While i hate to double post I wanted to bump the date so Drivers would see there is a new post.

I've got good news and bad news i'm hoping someone can help me out with.

The good news.

The rearview mirror mounts some of you have seen me use on the TF2, WF1, and G1W do work with a little bit of hacking together.
The mount in it self is a little tight and does directly fit the slot of the M3, but because of the angle of the Marcus 3 where it mounts the camera points way high when directly mounted. However unlike the TF2 quick release bracket which was very loose even when tightened all the way down in the mirror mount coupling the M3 seems to fit nicely and stay still once clamped down with just enough give to move the camera if something off to the side needs to be recorded.

acr5lc.jpg

The bad news for me at least is that the Transcend 64GB class 10 card that i bought just the other day just for the M3 does not seem to work. The card formats okay in the camera, but throws a card error after you leave the menu. The Sandisk 32GB class 10 card that I had bought awhile ago to use in my WF1 that i happened to loose and then find seems to record okay, but i have not drove with it yet.

Can anyone try a 64GB card and give me a heads up? Thanks.

Back