2021 Climate Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could probably take your carbon you have trapped, and turn that into a diamond, like you can with the ashes of a loved one.

Just in time for COP26 which Chinese President Xi Jinping did not attend.

"Desperate to meet its electricity needs, China is opening up new coal production exceeding what all of Western Europe mines in a year, at a tremendous cost to the global effort to fight climate change."

Why build an energy island when you already have a big natural island to use that is located in some of the best winds on Earth?
Especially when it already has a load of oil refineries on it that can be converted to produce synthetic aviation and shipping fuel and fertilizer from the wind generated hydrogen.

A NEW floating offshore wind farm is being proposed to the north of Shetland – with plans to link the development to a hydrogen refinery in the isles.

The 10GW offshore wind farm, which would be located 136km north of Shetland, is being proposed by Aker Horizons, and it was unveiled at the COP26 climate conference in Glasgow. The Northern Horizons project, which the developer says would save seven million tons of CO2 a year, has been described as a “globally significant proposal”. The 20MW floating turbines involved would have a tip height of 295m (1000ft).

This hydrogen would be “transported to a net zero hydrogen refinery on Shetland which would use it to create products such as ammonia, liquid hydrogen and synthetic fuels” for local consumption and wider export. The plans also appear to suggest a new hydrogen pipeline to mainland Scotland.

Aker said each year the project would produce enough green hydrogen to heat 916,000 UK homes, while it could provide enough liquid hydrogen to power 40 per cent of the total mileage of UK buses.

https://www.shetnews.co.uk/2021/11/04/large-offshore-wind-farm-proposed-north-of-shetland/

NHIEP-1440x1021.jpg

The people of Copenhagen just found out the claim of being carbon neutral by 2025,,,,,, thats a big fat lie, which hopefully people will remember in the pending municipal elections.
But somehow i have my doubts.

The people of Copenhagen just found out the claim of being carbon neutral by 2025,,,,,, thats a big fat lie, which hopefully people will remember in the pending municipal elections.
But somehow i have my doubts.
The school children will remember!
But they are not allowed to vote!

lol seems to me considering the year i was born there were 3 billion people.......

getting rid of the extra 5 billion this planet is strugglinhg to support safely might be the best option lol

Things like that would solve a lot of problems for the survivors, but it is not a popular approach, a loss for any amount of gain are not acceptable in today's world, why i do not know cuz it have always been pretty normal.
Or that is it still exist and losses are made, but in general it is just peoples tax money that get thrown around, and maybe their jobs, but the life of people, even the most sad and evil ones must be preserved at any price.

Do love me some " Go juice " Just too bad its so frightfully expensive.

Do love me some " Go juice " Just too bad its so frightfully expensive.

Yeah, but there's nothing quite like the hairy chested sound of revving a well tuned engine and the smell of hydrocarbon fumes! Fu*k the planet! :D

well every time a loud vehicle pass me by i go "FAG" in accordance with the south park episode named the "F" word, oddly enough that dont happen with V8 cars, even if it is clear that this car dont have a full set of mufflers.
There is a kid in town he have a VW UP ( i think those are 1000 CC diesel ) anyway he have strait piped it,,,,,, and i just want to pull him out of his car and bitch slap him.

Yeah, but there's nothing quite like the hairy chested sound of revving a well tuned engine and the smell of hydrocarbon fumes! Fu*k the planet! :D
No problem with using hydrocarbon fuels, just make sure they are not the fossil fuel variety.

Crucially, the new fuel will also pack a punch worthy of the pinnacle of motorsport, matching the energy density of Formula 1’s current fossil fuel petrols – meaning the cars will be every bit as fast and loud as they are today.

No problem with using hydrocarbon fuels, just make sure they are not the fossil fuel variety.

Actually, Formula E racing is coming along nicely and is drawing crowds that Formula 1 has apparently lost. Generation 3 cars are in the works and will be even more exciting than the current Gen 2 iteration. These cars are not as fast as Formula 1s (yet) but they reach 174 mph and their high torque and superfast acceleration make for some exciting racing. Some of the technical innovations make for some interesting features and incentives that involve the crowds directly in the race. People can vote for their favorite drivers as the race proceeds via an app and when a driver gets enough votes his car is allotted a power boost. (attack mode) - In the first video I posted bellow watch at the 49 second mark as the announcer explains that two cars have activated attack mode and this gives them four minutes with an extra 35 kilowatts of power.

formula E.jpg

Last edited:
That Vestas - Mercedes look mighty fine, but it will probably read Simens - Mercedes soon

Yeah, it's exciting to see the birth of a whole new class of racing. I think watching the coming technical innovations will make this interesting and fun. I like that they are featuring these races in major cities that are otherwise affected by climate change and carbon emissions.

Last edited:
I think watching the coming technical innovations will make this interesting and fun.
I've only watched a couple of Formula E events on TV but was really impressed with the performance of the cars (as I have been with most EVs I've driven). The one thing I did miss compared to F1, and other ICE racing as well, was the pit stops for refueling/tires - they can be as exciting as the race itself.

I've only watched a couple of Formula E events on TV but was really impressed with the performance of the cars (as I have been with most EVs I've driven). The one thing I did miss compared to F1, and other ICE racing as well, was the pit stops for refueling/tires - they can be as exciting as the race itself.

That's a good point. I guess it is akin to not having to do oil changes or stop for gas with electric passenger cars. Considering how modular the construction of Formula E cars are perhaps we will eventually see some form of pit stop in future generations of cars as the racing class develops. For example, with longer races we might see tire changes, battery swaps and other component change pit swaps. Even now, these cars sometimes don't have enough juice to complete their races.

While i am against street races, then at least these new cars will make that possible from a emissions / noise perspective, the Monaco GP i have not seen for 2 if not 3 decades.

There was talks about a F1 street race in the Danish capitol, but i think that have fizzed out again.
It do make me wonder how just as small if not smaller countries can have a race track that fulfill F1 standards, and in Denmark all we have is glorified go cart tracks and not least factoring in that in some motorsports Danes do okay for a nation of racetrack. less folks.
Then again looking at how people throw a fit in regard to have the wind turbines out back replaced with bigger ones,,,,, well not really surprised then.
I do hate how my country works, every little whining idiot have to be taken care off, and the MO are normally showing them in other peoples money AKA tax money.
I will be first in line for the system change, no matter how it is to go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back