24/7 recording without parking mode

Kirill K.

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hey Guys!

I'm waiting for my A139 Pro to install in a new Skoda Kamiq. Currently, I'm using 70mai A800S in Mazda Protege, traditionally hard-wired. Using the Time Lapse Mode while parked. Last week a nearby vehicle almost was stolen and I wanted to help the owner (my vehicle is parked in front of regularly) with some videos. The time-lapse mode almost didn't catch anything. The A139 Pro has Low Bit Rate and more frequent time-lapse. I'm afraid these modes also can miss the critical details.

Relying on this review (thanks to @rcg530 ), the A139's average power consumption in parking mode (low bit rate) is 5.53W, and for normal driving mode (2K 60FPS + 1080P 30FPS) is 6.15W, that's only 10.5%, so I guess the power consumption is not the main reason to use the parking mode. Per the storage, the A139 Pro supports 512GB so the storage is also not the issue.

Looking at all this, I consider connecting differently the new A139 Pro to my Kamiq. I want to connect the dashcam using its regular cable (not the HK3-C) to the fuse box through an external low voltage protection and external 12v-5v converter so the camera will record in its full capabilities while parked with all advantages of the traditional hard-wiring. I also think to add some switch to turn it off completely and quickly if the car is in a safe place (I did it in my Mazda with the A800S, when the car is in a safe place I turn off the camera completely without disabling the parking mode in the dashcam's settings).

What do you think?
What are the concerns? Overheating?
How many days/hours will the 512GB card cover (2K 60FPS + 1080P 30FPS)?

Thank you very much!

Back