24 hour Parking Mode/Motion Detection

iPhone

Reaction score
Country
Germany
At first hello at all. I´m from Germany. Excause me for my bad english. I´ll do my best to frame my questions.

My car get damaged in our underground garage. Now I will install a dashcam in my car for convicting the offender/protect my car. The most imortant funktion that I need is a "sure working" motion detection recording, which records during the action. When the action/motion is ending the recording must ends also. The reason is that the memory card should not immediately full. My car is sometimes (weekends) for more than 24 hours in the underground garage. During this time i wish to think oneself safe.

In additional to this the underground garage is dimly-lit. The cam should also have a good Night Vision. Please dont confuse the motion detection with G-sensor automatic trigger for file protection!!!

If these conditions are not fulfilled, i would be useless for me.

I read lots of good opinions over the LK-7900 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00F50KKE6and
DOD LS430W https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00EZK89B8
Can you give your respects to me?!

A response in a easy understanding english would be appreciated. :)

Thx

iPhone

The underground garage. Parking ahead!

tiefgarage.jpg

Acording to this video ( with a LK-7500 witch is virtually the same as a LK-7900 ) the lukas cams seem to have a sensetive motion detect system.

And dont worry about the light, judging from your Picture there will be plenty of light for a good dashcam.

Some of the LK-7900 owners in here have had out of focus issues with ther cams, i am not aware of ppl having the same problems with other lukas models.

The LS430W is allso a good camera, but i have no knowlege about those, but i am sure other ppl will enlighten you even more in the comming days.

Take a look at the Panorama II.
Using motion detection mode hooked up to permanent power is what you'd want.

Acording to this video ( with a LK-7500 witch is virtually the same as a LK-7900 ) the lukas cams seem to have a sensetive motion detect system.

And dont worry about the light, judging from your Picture there will be plenty of light for a good dashcam.

Some of the LK-7900 owners in here have had out of focus issues with ther cams, i am not aware of ppl having the same problems with other lukas models.

The LS430W is allso a good camera, but i have no knowlege about those, but i am sure other ppl will enlighten you even more in the comming days.

seem? Are you not sure?

I heared many good things about Lucas. But i did not know whats the quality differences between the Cam´s is. And i am not sure if this Cam have a sensetive motion detect system. It´s seem that i can save money when i goin to buy the LK-7500. I should enquire about it.

Are you or anyone using this Cam.

I am not sure, i havent testet that function on my own lk-7500. But judging from that video it is way more sensetive than any of the action cams i have, but then again it allso only need to be triggered by a full sized person getting close to your car.

All the hardware in lk-7500 and lk-7900 should be the same, only slight difference in operating temperatures ( why i dont know if hardware is the same )
And the shape of the housing.
My camera is not wiered permanently into my car, so i have no idea how to test it for you, there is no problem in leaving my car on untill camera go into parking / motion detect mode.
But i can not control the size of things moving in front of the camera, only thing i can try is to move my person in front of my car at increasing distance.

I have a short meeting tomorrow around 10:00 , but after that i will try to do some testing with motion detection on the lk-7500

Thank you very much. I´m to be indebted to you!

Regarding the sensitivity of the Panorama II when used as parking mode, in my experience it is actually pretty well balanced. When parked right in front of my office building, the camera is activated by people walking or passing by at about 20 meters or closer. People moving around farther than 20 meters don't seem to activate it. Cars are bigger, so they activate motion detection at roughly 40 or 50 meters. You can read here for more details about using a Panorama II as an always-on camera in your car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my test from today, the motion detect sensitivity is default position, so i must extrapolate that at max sensitivity a fly passing by must trigger recording.

Kein problem :)

Here is my test from today, the motion detect sensitivity is default position, so i must extrapolate that at max sensitivity a fly passing by must trigger recording.

quite good sensitivity if judging from video.
What about in darker weather or in underground car park ?
I know many dashcams can trigger motion when it is enough light outside ( like in your video ), but biggest challenge comes when there are not enough light outside for CMOS to react. What about Lukas-7500 ?

I can test in darker weather, that day i actually waited a littel so it was darker, but you are right it wasent that dark.
I am visiting a friend tomorrow, will do my best to get a test done in even darker conditions, and maybe allso a underground parking lot that if my memory serve me right is free to enter and open while mall is closed.

I can test in darker weather, that day i actually waited a littel so it was darker, but you are right it wasent that dark.
I am visiting a friend tomorrow, will do my best to get a test done in even darker conditions, and maybe allso a underground parking lot that if my memory serve me right is free to enter and open while mall is closed.

No rush with that, take your time.
Thanks for efforts.

No problem, i have nothing but time these days, and i am allso interested in seeing how it perform in much darker conditions.

I have CCTV camera covering the car where i park it at night, but i have considered to wire it into a permanent 12 V supply to get some coverage when i park elsewhere.
I am pretty sure it can be triggered by a person sneaking around near to the car, and allso a car passing by ;) we will see tomorrow, i will put on some dark clothes and pretend to be a thief / vandal in the dark.

It´s very interesting to follow this subject. I researched in many forums and read so many tests about dashcams with motion detection recording but i had have find nothing that was helpful. For lot´s of user is the only the recording by driving important. But for me and i´m sure for people they have the same problem like me, this function can be decisive for buying a dashcam.
Thank you for your effort!

Last edited:
Ein bisschen,aber nur was ich damals in der schule gelernt hat.
schreiben ist schlecht, aber lesen und sprechen ist okay.

I dont like to talk German with Germans as i so rarely use it and dont feel secure with it as English, allso what i know i godt from educational programs on tv when i was 8-9-10 years old.
Thats the way i learned both English and German, so when i got to those languages in school i did not pay attention at all.

In the 90ties i did talk some German, i was fishing a lot and it seem many Germans come up here to do some fishing too. :)

Last edited:
I have researched. The LK-7900 is little more expensive than the LK-7500. I think i will buy this one. But the interesting point is, how much i will pay for customs duty. :confused:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/LUKAS-LK-790...S-Sony-Sensor-Car-Black-Box-8GB-/121086130390

http://www.ebay.de/itm/LUKAS-LK-750...m-DVR-Car-Black-Box-8GB-GPS-CPL-/111203492215

My colleague at work spends his holiday often in Denmark. He told me, that the people there very friendly and pleasant. Furthermore the foreign films should not synchronized, only subtitled. So the people learn a foreign language, by watching TV.
If a opportunity is incidental, i would spent my holiday in Denmark :)

I had to get mine from spytesinc in the US.
I am not aware of any EU dealers of lukas LK-7500, but carcamdeopt in England have the 7900 ace http://carcamdepot.co.uk/brands/lukas-dash-cams.html
I cant remember how mutch i payed in total for mine, but it is no doubt more then you will have to pay in Germany.

Soon it you Guys will have 2 routes up here, it seem like the ppl from zeeland/Copenhagen cant navigate to Jutland and then turn left for Germany, so they are Building a 19 Km long tunnel from Puttgarden to Rødby where ferries sail today.

I have allways been against synchronized tv, its just so strange to hear Clint Eastwood speak German in a Classic western.

Back