2Ch Blacksys CH-100B (1080p+720p) Sony Exmor, WiFi, GPS / Glonass, Supercaps, Up to 128Gb, BDP

I was referring to dashcams being able to offer simple external storage/archiving through USB. They're connected to the car's 12V so should be able to supply current to 2.5" HDD or SDD and it's not like they don't know how to deal with file systems. As for your idea of running a job on the "server" side to poll the dashcam, that's one way, but the more efficient way would be for the dashcam to initiate contact. Using the Omnifi communication protocol example, you run a small application on the PC which listens on the network for connections. You get home and the dashcam sees the wifi network and connects. After it goes into parking mode, scheduled window or some other idle mode where constant write to the SD card isn't needed, it contacts the PC and begins to offload new recordings. The PC application handles file archiving, the dashcam just needs to tell it what files exist and the app decides what files are new and needs uploaded. With most home wifi networks on 802.11 g/n, it shouldn't be much of a problem to transfer an entire 64GB card in less than an evening if necessary. Smart programmers would include file resume and checksuming to deal with the occasional interruptions. This ofcourse, has to happen from the manufacturer level. Your concept can be implemented by anyone with the programming skills and a camera with a remotely accessible file system or wifi SD card.

KuoH

are you still talking about PCs or dashcams? ...
unfortunately, i don't think any wifi cameras are set up to act as a wifi client; only a host.

Pardon my ignorance. Is there any video of this one? CF-100 quality isn't that good, not too sure why some of the folks recommend that one. If the video of this one is similar to CF-100 then all bells and whistles are pretty much useless.

Pardon my ignorance. Is there any video of this one? CF-100 quality isn't that good, not too sure why some of the folks recommend that one. If the video of this one is similar to CF-100 then all bells and whistles are pretty much useless.
what are you comparing the cf-100 to that makes you think its quality isn't very good? of the varaious dashcams i've used, the cf-100 has the best night quality of any of them due in large part to its sony exmor sensor on the front. rear is of course nowhere near as good, but it's generally not as important as the front anyway. the only other one i've used that even comes close is the Git1, which isn't a dashcam (but can behave as one) - and that's because it's equipped with a similar Sony image sensor. i'm not saying sony sensors are the best in the world, but in the dashcam (and action cam) world, they're pretty darn good.

what are you comparing the cf-100 to that makes you think its quality isn't very good? of the varaious dashcams i've used, the cf-100 has the best night quality of any of them due in large part to its sony exmor sensor on the front. rear is of course nowhere near as good, but it's generally not as important as the front anyway. the only other one i've used that even comes close is the Git1, which isn't a dashcam (but can behave as one) - and that's because it's equipped with a similar Sony image sensor. i'm not saying sony sensors are the best in the world, but in the dashcam (and action cam) world, they're pretty darn good.
Without comparing to any of the other dashcam, the images posted in the review by niko are subpar (at least to me). Day time images look ok but night time images seem bad compared to Ausdom A261 (or here) or Rexing V1 2.7 Rear one is pretty bad at night time. If for the argument sake, we say that all images look good, then CF-100 seems to be getting lot more love than the others. That made me feel, its lot better so have been checking images since morning. Its available on amazon for $90 so I thought of it but it failed to convince me to be superior.
If thats firmware artifact, I would love to see images for the latest or the best firmware. I am certainly open for correction. User knows lot more than someone who just saw few images on the web.

it looks like some firmware downloads are available for the ch-100b - they have CA13 (2015-05-06) and CA15 (2015-08-28)
http://www.blacksys.co.kr/eng/support/download.php?field=title&search_word=ch-100b&x=0&y=0

what version firmware do you have on yours @niko and @DNA1010 ?

i'd guess the firmware update instructions are the same as their other cameras - put the update on the sd card by itself, then power up the cam and let it update... it'll reboot a few times, then start recording when it's done updating everything. curious to know if maybe they upped the bitrate in the august 28 firmware.

i'm looking at this cam again because my cf-100 is dying - because i made a new mount that made it overheat. obviously i didn't do that on purpose.

also, has anyone tried looking further into the OBD connection? seems that would be pretty nifty. i found some interesting info... the obd adapter is named "CarNSys", or at least it has that logo on it. seems to have a model number of OS-100U. assuming it's the same one used in the CL-100B, it supports several different protocols, and may work on plenty of vehicles: CAN, ISO14230(KWP2000), ISO9141-2. That's not all of the protocols (there are 2-3 others I know of offhand) but CAN covers a LOT of cars now. i haven't been able to find out where to buy the adapter separately, but if i can find a cheap one (and i get the ch-100b) i'll experiment with it for sure.
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/819280/Blacksys-Cl-100b.html?page=16#manual <-- this link shows the adapter and the next several pages cover its specs and installation.

I have the very first firmware. Didn't had time to play around lately, but thanks for pointing out to a new FW.

hey @niko look what i found while actually looking for something else...
http://www.blacksys.nl/en_GB/a-40442914/spare-parts-accessories/obd-module/

50 euro shipped to UK or ireland. they don't list the US as a shipping destination, but they list "other" as an option. not as cheap as i would have liked (considering that it may not work at all with the ch-100b), but maybe someone else has more disposable income and is willing to experiment? :D

hey @niko look what i found while actually looking for something else...
http://www.blacksys.nl/en_GB/a-40442914/spare-parts-accessories/obd-module/

50 euro shipped to UK or ireland. they don't list the US as a shipping destination, but they list "other" as an option. not as cheap as i would have liked (considering that it may not work at all with the ch-100b), but maybe someone else has more disposable income and is willing to experiment? :D

Yeah, I looked at obd option few month ago, but unfortunately for my car it supporys only few obd functions, so I gave up this idea.

Is anyone running the CA21 firmware? I just got my CH-100b and I flashed the CA21 firmware (from http://www.blacksys.co.kr/eng/support/download_read.php?id=212&no=0&field=&search_word=) but I'm curious as to the differences between it and the CA15 that my unit shipped with.

I updated mine, it doesn't seem to have really changed anything but the wifi download speed seems better/more stable. Reaching out to our BlackSys rep to see if I can provide any answers

Perfect, thanks!

Just heard back from our BlackSys rep. The CA21 firmware is better at picking up when there are SD card errors that prevent recording.
It will continuously reboot if the camera can't record.

I'm a fan of this feature, makes it hard to ignore and helps users stay on top of their dash cam. :)

Just heard back from our BlackSys rep. The CA21 firmware is better at picking up when there are SD card errors that prevent recording.
It will continuously reboot if the camera can't record.

I'm a fan of this feature, makes it hard to ignore and helps users stay on top of their dash cam. :)

Thanks for the update. Ya I can see the value in this.

Glad I bought from you guys. You know your stuff, and when you don't know, you know where to go to get the answer!

Ok, I finally had the opportunity to install the CH-100b and it went very well. The BlackBoxMyCar hardwire kit worked out perfectly.

I am running the CA21 firmware.

I do have a few questions:
1. What's a good way to set up the parking mode sensitivity so that it doesn't generate false alarms from stuff like trees? I've set the sensitivity to minimum (1), I've set the back camera motion area to the bottom row of dots only and the front camera to the middle row only. The bottom row of dots is disabled. The back camera is no longer picking up trees but the front one is. The trees are not near the car either.. they are about 4 car lengths away.
2. When driving I get event warnings during acceleration so I had to set Driving Mode Impact Sensitivity Z-axis to 0.75. Haven't tested that yet to see if it fixes the alarms but looking at the viewer, I keep exceeding the 0.65 it uses even in (1) Insensitive mode.
3. In the viewer, the red line (X-axis) always draws at -1 while the other two lines draw at 0. Is that normal?

Thanks.

Back