2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

Just want to give you guys a heads up with the new firmware 1.01. DON'T try it.

I updated the firmware from v17 to 1.01 and it's a total nightmare. Buttons mapped to wrong function. Cannot switch off the cam in parking mode (no red-dotted box). Please wait a bit until a stable build is out.

Yes a new version is being worked on, that was a test build I only shared with you via private message. (and wasn't quite ready, no need for alarm) :) It's not public so nobody should worry. (so not to confuse anyone wondering) I'll post info as soon as it's ready. Brightness Control, BitRate Control. LED control (coming soon)

Last edited:
I'm excited about this one - hoping we can go above 15 but we'll see. Lots of testing once this new one hits. I'm happy with yesterday's footage!

It must be hard trying to cope with all conditions when you're in one part of the world and we're all dispersed globally and see constant differing weather.

@Dionic90

Thank you for your reply. I love the Tesla and think Elon and this company are doing an amazing job. I advise anyone not to take a test drive if a new car is not a priority...
I am going to get the x2. Now it's just a matter of technicality. What memory cards to get with it. 2 cards of 128GB would run a good $220+- while 2 cards of 64GB will go for around $75+-. Does it worth getting the 128GB? how long of a footage can I get from a 2x64GB? I am leaning toward the cheaper option...

Last edited by a moderator:
Microphone random switch on from switched off ( mute ) is a small bug which will should be fixed soon.

Thanks for confirming, Niko, glad I wasn't the only one seeing it. I've only seen it on one of my units though, not both, which is strange.

Regarding parking mode settings set to "off" for Motion Detection and G-Sensor. In a PM with Jon, I asked if setting these to "off" would mean continuous recording during parking mode regardless of any detection being monitored but I think I found the answer myself. I believe turning either setting to "off" means the X2 won't record at all for that particular detection option. I initially thought it might mean the off setting equals continuous recording regardless of detection.

So for those who want more recordings during parking mode, set both G-Sensor and Motion Detection to "High", Parking Time to "Off", and set your Battery Voltage monitor to your comfortable setting. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jon and Sungmoon, any plans to add 12.2v to the power control menu for parking mode? It was asked earlier by another member, I believe. I don't recall seeing any response.

@Dionic90

Thank you for your reply. I love the Tesla and think Elon and this company are doing an amazing job. I advise anyone not to take a test drive if a new car is not a priority...
I am going to get the x2. Now it's just a matter of technicality. What memory cards to get with it. 2 cards of 128GB would run a good $220+- while 2 cards of 64GB will go for around $75+-. Does it worth getting the 128GB? how long of a footage can I get from a 2x64GB? I am leaning toward the cheaper option...

The 128gb cards are sold at a premium. The 64gb provide the best bang for the buck in terms of large sizing. As far as footage, for 1080p 30fps, my freshly formatted two 32gb shows just under 4 1/2 hours each. The manual shows up to 6 hours for a 32gb but my guess is that is referred to 720p.

If you don't mind the price and want the most footage before it loops, get the 128gb. If price is a factor, get the 64gb, my guess is that it should hold 9 hours, and the 128gb should be double that. This is based off my own 32gb number.

Would Regular SD with adapter work? It may be not such a bad idea since the cards could be hidden in the car upholstery and if someone would break into the car and still the camera, he/she may leave the cards behind...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00EH5US4Whttps://www.amazon.com/gp/B0085GGO92

Your linked extension is about 18", pretty short to be able to hide any cards. You will have more cables to deal with, and on top of that, you added another variable to any troubleshooting if things go wrong. Interesting idea but I think it's more trouble than it's worth.

Thank you! I think between the 2x64 and parking mode, I should be fine

The 128gb cards are sold at a premium. The 64gb provide the best bang for the buck in terms of large sizing. As far as footage, for 1080p 30fps, my freshly formatted two 32gb shows just under 4 1/2 hours each. The manual shows up to 6 hours for a 32gb but my guess is that is referred to 720p.

If you don't mind the price and want the most footage before it loops, get the 128gb. If price is a factor, get the 64gb, my guess is that it should hold 9 hours, and the 128gb should be double that. This is based off my own 32gb number.

Your linked extension is about 18", pretty short to be able to hide any cards. You will have more cables to deal with, and on top of that, you added another variable to any troubleshooting if things go wrong. Interesting idea but I think it's more trouble than it's worth.
32Gb = 6h. Rec. what says manual was calculated on basis of original "korean market" FW at 12Mbps bit-rate.
Upgraded FW have 15Mbps bit-rate (1080/30 ) = 4.5h for 32Gb.
Upcoming FW will have choice of selecting a bit-rate.

I want to go ahead and order the cam. What memory card would work with it? I saw in prior posts people complaining regarding issues with cards. Would
Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC up to 48MB/s work?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IVPU7AO

I want to go ahead and order the cam. What memory card would work with it? I saw in prior posts people complaining regarding issues with cards. Would
Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC up to 48MB/s work?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IVPU7AO

I recall a post regarding the EVO here in this thread. I don't know how to search the thread. You'll have to look back or wait for the member to comment.

I have the 32GB Samsung Evo and that's ok - no ideas what the 64GB would be like though unfortunately.

Niko, thank you for saving me the troubles. I went ahead and purchased 2 of Transcend 64GB MicroSDXC Class10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter 45 MB/s. Also ordered the X2. All from Amazon. I will report back with my experience with it. My fingers are crossed I made the right choice. Hopefully it's a set and forget equipment. Thank you!

Regarding set and forget, it will have some firmware tweaks upcoming, so you might want to update firmware after it will be out. Other than that, from reliability point of view it has been working flawlessly for me nearly 2 month.

Yes a new version is being worked on, that was a test build I only shared with you via private message. (and wasn't quite ready, no need for alarm) :) It's not public so nobody should worry. (so not to confuse anyone wondering) I'll post info as soon as it's ready. Brightness Control, BitRate Control. LED control (coming soon)
Oh, I'm so sorry about that. I just don't want others to experience what I did. I turned out to downgrade back to ver 17 but it got me worried as the upgrade didn't finish and hanged for more than 5 minutes. I remember when I did the ver 1.01 upgrade, the machine did restart by itself but downgrade is not the same. I took a risk and uplug power and rebooted. Fortunately, it seems ok now (running ver 17).

Got an X2 this week. Tried a few 64Gb microSD cards - Samsung EVO, Samsung PRO (white/grey), SanDisk Extreme (red/gold), SanDisk Ultra (red/grey). Only the Samsung PRO card worked. The card looks like this:

41j%2BSaue70L._SX300_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IVPU88U

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back