2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

That's strange - I'm running an exFAT Sandisk Ultra card (red / grey) here - are those results above all with the cards formatted as FAT32?

The Sandisk Ultra wouldn't work as FAT32 but works as exFAT.

I just received a new X2 test firmware and I'm testing for stability and quality.

1.01.01 (2014-11-11 19:00) added:
brightness controls + bitrate quality per front/rear camera AND per driving/parking,
LED on/off, % memory allocation choices

pretty cool, so far so good. I have a few beta friendly customers helping out.

That's strange - I'm running an exFAT Sandisk Ultra card (red / grey) here - are those results above all with the cards formatted as FAT32?

The Sandisk Ultra wouldn't work as FAT32 but works as exFAT.

The cards were formatted on the PC as FAT32. The SanDisk cards just showed a grey box.

I also formatted the white/grey Samsung card in-camera and it worked.

Will try formatting the SanDisk cards as exFAT.

So I know theres a guide about focusing the front camera, but anybody tried the rear? Not sure if mines out or the window is dirty. Might try clean the car first lol..

Also I seemed to have found a weird state when I attempted switching the battery + supply.

1) Only ground connected
2) Turn ignition on (Acc power supplied)
3) The camera will start up, record for 5 seconds then shutdown again
4) If I now switch the + supply on, the camera won't start up.

In order to get the camera working again I need to:

5) Need to turn ignition off
6) Switch + on
7) Switch ignition on

..and then it'll work fine. I wonder if this is some kind of bug? The following state was achieved when I started the car, forget to turn the camera on via my switch, turned it on a few minutes later and then it happens as above.

The ACC triggers camera startup, which is powered by the capacitor. After startup is completed, the low voltage sensor kicks in and initiates shutdown. Switching on the B+ line does not cause startup because the camera was not designed to do anything except to sense low voltage. The designer probably never intended the unit to be switched by the B+ line hence this behavior. They probably didn't want the camera to startup/shutdown while you're wiring it, since the capacitor is likely discharged and could cause corruption if the memory card is inserted. I wouldn't consider that a bug per se, but it's probably addressable via new firmware. This is one reason I mentioned wiring the switch on both power lines or the ground in your previous query.

KuoH

Also I seemed to have found a weird state when I attempted switching the battery + supply.

1) Only ground connected
2) Turn ignition on (Acc power supplied)
3) The camera will start up, record for 5 seconds then shutdown again
4) If I now switch the + supply on, the camera won't start up.

..and then it'll work fine. I wonder if this is some kind of bug? The following state was achieved when I started the car, forget to turn the camera on via my switch, turned it on a few minutes later and then it happens as above.

Sandisk cards work 100%. if they dont work for you then the cards are fake or you have done something wrong WRT formstting them, etc.

i ONLY use sandisk and i have used them in the gs8000l, panorama g, dome g90 a70 and now the x2.

use a card tester to determine your cards are not faulty. i have had zero issues with sandisk.

all please remember this dash cam system is cutting edge in this market and its still being improved with each firmware. keep that in mind when placing an order.

with newer stable firmware, bit rates will increase which means higher quality images at the expense of disk space. having a larger card will pay for itself down the road. keep that in mind.

New FW v1.01.01.
It still considered a beta ver. Need to fully test it, but from pics. you may see some additional functions added.

- front "security LED" on / off
- for parking and driving mode can select separately for each camera:
a) resolution
b) brightness
c) bit-rate ( 12 or 15Mbps )
- for memory card can customize space size % of each folder ( normal, parking, event )

IMG_20141112_124536.jpg

IMG_20141112_124514.jpg

IMG_20141112_124454.jpg

IMG_20141112_124429.jpg

IMG_20141112_124402.jpg

IMG_20141112_124341.jpg

I've just been and got some demo footage which I'm uploading - I've gone for low brightness for the front cam for now and high bitrate (15Mbps) and for the rear I went for high brightness and high bitrate and then stopped half way and dropped them both to low.

Unfortunately already hit a problem on the new firmware - it's only minor and there may be a new way of doing this:
  1. The red box has gone so there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off the camera to remove the memory cards cleanly?
Other comments would be:
  1. Any chance of adding an 18Mbps bitrate option please? Maybe instead of low and high it could be 12 / 15 / 18 - then you could even add 21 as an option for those that want it.
  2. What were the defaults for the brightness before? What is it actually affecting? It could possibly do with an even lower setting if possible please - I can't really see a massive difference between low and high here? I'll try again tonight

I've just been and got some demo footage which I'm uploading - I've gone for low brightness for the front cam for now and high bitrate (15Mbps) and for the rear I went for high brightness and high bitrate and then stopped half way and dropped them both to low.

Unfortunately already hit a problem on the new firmware - it's only minor and there may be a new way of doing this:
  1. The red box has gone so there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off the camera to remove the memory cards cleanly?
Other comments would be:
  1. Any chance of adding an 18Mbps bitrate option please? Maybe instead of low and high it could be 12 / 15 / 18 - then you could even add 21 as an option for those that want it.
  2. What were the defaults for the brightness before? What is it actually affecting? It could possibly do with an even lower setting if possible please - I can't really see a massive difference between low and high here? I'll try again tonight

Because its a BETA firmware, its minor "issue" to fix it, before full FW goes public ;)

Yeah that should be an easy fix. Maybe also having a power icon in the menus too would help?

I do like the way you can use different settings for parking mode than for driving, so you can have high bitrate for driving and low bitrate for parking - it's very good.

These clips are all high bitrate (15Mbps) and low brightness:

This clip is low bitrate, low brightness on the rear camera:

This clip is low bitrate, high brightness on the rear camera:

It's moving forwards nicely with each beta release :)

Last edited:
@Pier28 and @Sungmoon, is there any possible way to allow an option to move a clip from the viewing screen over to Event? An example is I see something of interest, either from the Parking video or Driving video and I want to mark it and save it in Event. Currently it looks like the only option during viewing is Delete. Or maybe it's there and I'm missing it.

This new beta FW really allows more tinkering. Great for those with tinted rear windows, now the brightness can be increased independently. I really like the options for memory usage on Drive/Event/Park and the individual settings for each camera.

is there any possible way to allow an option to move a clip from the viewing screen over to Event? An example is I see something of interest, either from the Parking video or Driving video and I want to mark it and save it in Event. Currently it looks like the only option during viewing is Delete. Or maybe it's there and I'm missing it.
adtng.png

Among the 6 hours of parking mode recording, one of the file is corrupted and cannot be run in Windows.
The grey box phantom happened again for the third time; don't know why it's always the front card that has problems and corrupted.

I just received a new X2 test firmware and I'm testing for stability and quality.

1.01.01 (2014-11-11 19:00) added:
brightness controls + bitrate quality per front/rear camera AND per driving/parking,
LED on/off, % memory allocation choices

pretty cool, so far so good. I have a few beta friendly customers helping out.

Already replied you with a minor bug I found. Please check.

Hmmm...Blurry rear camera? Any ideas how to adjust the focus?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-13 at 10.54.00 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-13 at 10.54.00 am.png
    2 MB · Views: 14
The ACC triggers camera startup, which is powered by the capacitor. After startup is completed, the low voltage sensor kicks in and initiates shutdown. Switching on the B+ line does not cause startup because the camera was not designed to do anything except to sense low voltage. The designer probably never intended the unit to be switched by the B+ line hence this behavior. They probably didn't want the camera to startup/shutdown while you're wiring it, since the capacitor is likely discharged and could cause corruption if the memory card is inserted. I wouldn't consider that a bug per se, but it's probably addressable via new firmware. This is one reason I mentioned wiring the switch on both power lines or the ground in your previous query.

KuoH

Further on this, I came across a situation today. Switch wasn't used so forget that.

Jumped in my car this morning and parking view was still running. great. When I started the car (voltage drop?) the dash cam switched off and wouldn't turn back on. Had to disconnect power completely and re-connect. Will monitor this...but I think the power management needs tweaking.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back