2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

Day time, the setting value is not working, it works at dark place only. Thanks
Awesome thank-you - I did wonder if it was something like that.

It's getting dark soon and I have 100 miles to cover so I'll give it a whirl.

Which out of the three settings - low / med / high would have been the default before please or would the auto side of things cover that off?

It's amazing how much night detail is captured that you can extract from the Sony Exmor IMX322
@niko would love the violet image that the older firmware versions of the Panorama II / S had - I would love that too!

Not sure if that was just a trait of the IMX122 though - hopefully similar tricks can be pulled off with the IMX322.

A couple of cameras seem to have pulled off similar with the AR0330 like the Transcend DP200, TCL and the new SG discrete camera coming along.

I guess it's hard as for some reason it seems like the local Korean market like darker footage - I'm really looking forward to seeing what this is like set on high brightness tonight :)

OK it was a volume bitmap issue with the front card again - this seems to happen in camera so for now even though Sandisk Ultra works as exFAT I've got to say it's too unreliable.

Code:
C:\Users\reverend>chkdsk h:
The type of the file system is exFAT.
Volume Serial Number is 3A0C-1E0E
Windows is verifying files and folders...
Volume label is HD2_F.
Windows found errors on the disk, but will not fix them
because disk checking was run without the /F (fix) parameter.
Corruption was found while examining the volume bitmap.
File and folder verification is complete.

Windows has checked the file system and found problems.
Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct these.

62334976 KB total disk space.
  35108096 KB in 179 files.
       640 KB in 5 indexes.
         0 KB in bad sectors.
       256 KB in use by the system.
  27225984 KB available on disk.

131072 bytes in each allocation unit.
    486992 total allocation units on disk.
    212703 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Users\reverend>chkdsk h: /f
Volume label is HD2_F.
Corruption was found while examining the volume bitmap.

Windows has made corrections to the file system.
No further action is required.

35154176 KB in 180 files.
       768 KB in 6 indexes.
         0 KB in bad sectors.
  27179776 KB available on disk.

212342 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Users\reverend>chkdsk h: /f
Volume label is HD2_F.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.

35154176 KB in 180 files.
       768 KB in 6 indexes.
         0 KB in bad sectors.
  27179776 KB available on disk.

212342 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Users\reverend>
Basically when the volume bitmap issue arises its head is when the camera starts doing funky things like stopping recording, hanging on shutdown and so on. On this occurrence it looks like it happened because the camera started then shutoff quickly when the car stalled.

This is the sort of thing I think Sungmoon means when he says Sandisk can have issues. Maybe they're using new controllers in the 128GB cards which is why @Dionic90 is not having the issues.

I'm not sure if it's possible to have the camera scan the filesystem at startup using the equivalent of fsck / exfatfsck / chkdsk - if that was an option it would wipe out any problems like this as it would be self healing?

I never even noticed this earlier - a prang on a roundabout near me where they're always pulling out in front of other cars:

prang.jpg

A random one from today:
spider.jpg

And a random TNT driver with no indicators

Last edited:
I'm just sat out in the car about to set off and to be honest still can't see a difference between high and low brightness on the rear camera with tints.

Is it possible to set high brightness higher again for the rear please?

I've got 100 miles to drive, I've rebooted the camera so I'll check it at the other end :)

5 mile update - the front is definitely brighter - looking forward to checking it in 95 miles. The back is a bit brighter but still needs a boost for privacy glass at night.

While in beta phase is it possible to make the value a numeric percentage so we can work out quicker what works with privacy glass?

Right then here we go - same frame through the front camera but with brightness set to high and then to low - there's a definite difference you can easily see:

night-bright.jpg night-lowt.jpg

The back definitely needs it - just uploading two videos on what must be dial-up at my other half's and then I'll check out the rear camera footage.

The existing high setting does wash out things even more with xenons than it did previously - just looking to see if I managed to trigger the darkening trick!

Oh yes - it definitely works with a white car anyway! :)

A couple of clips filmed with high brightness:

Just uploading one to show the numberplate thing working along with a city clip with brightness set to high.

Can see some chsnges, its true, but difference is very little. Should be much more between low and high.
That's why i'm thinking if maybe instead of them setting three values while the firmware is in beta if it could be made a radio button say from 1-100 or whatever the range is we could then try and find out between us which are the best values to stick in the release firmware?

I'm guessing some things like image brightness might filter over to the Panorama G longer term, but in any case here's a shot of the G on auto brightness vs the X2 on high brightness:

ye04-g.jpg ye04-x2.jpg

And my last post before crashing and burning for the night :)

So we had this video from earlier on the X2:

Here's the same footage from the G up front followed by the rear X2 camera set to high brightness - you can see through privacy glass it's still too dark on unlit roads:

And then driving through Leeds city centre the night they've turned the Christmas tree lights on - this was with brightness set to High:

And now here's a video of driving with the brightness set to low:

Last edited:
@reverend, nice vids. The dimming vid looks very promising.

@Pier28 and Sungmoon, found a little bug with the 1.01.01 FW, found a situation where when I switch to rear camera, I lose all the overlays of the mic/camera select/cog/event. I can click and select where each should be pictured and it still works when I do, just don't see them. Also, not related to the missing overlays, I have seen where the X2 doesn't record sometimes. A quick power down and power up fixes both.

The only hassle is the constant unplugging of the connector and reconnecting to power down and up. I wish there was a hole where I can use a pin to reboot the unit, it would have been so much easier for testing. Of course if the red box to power down/stop recording the X2 is working, I wouldn't be complaining. Of all the things to go bad on a beta FW, it had to be that one. ;)

On another note, I am currently testing a Samsung Ultra 64gb (Red/Grey). It was in my tablet, I did a full overwrite format with SDFormatter 4.0 in the PC to clean it up. Dropped it in the X2, formatted it directly in the X2 and booted it up. So far, it is fine, started recording during parking mode as I left the car. Will report overnight and over the weekend. In case anyone is wondering, the issues in the above paragraph are not directly related to this Samsung card, I had a Transcend 300X 32gb in there and saw the same.

For those who read my previous post regarding a micro usb extension because of my car's reach for the rear camera, I did purchase an extension and have been testing it....well, it's in my wife's car so technically, she is testing it. I'll pull the cards tonight and report back. When I first installed it, it was operating fine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dempf X2 1
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Back