2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

Just made a trip for around 5 hours. Normal, parking and incidence all seems working well and no more grey box. However, when I tried to pull the files from the card, I got this error. It was when I tried to pull around 40G of files from the card into Win8.1 (64)

Also, I didn't realize there are strange buzzing noise with the recording. I never had I my speaker on when browsing the files until today. Did someone posts something similar already? Pending on firmware upgrade to resolve?
Have you run a chkdsk against that card?

The buzzing is pretty random with mine - sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not.

Today I've noticed the GPS has stopped logging and wouldn't lock again on a 2 hour journey - that's the second time this has happened for me now and nothing has been touched cable wise. Maybe it's a faulty GPS if I'm the only person getting this.

@Hezi, if you want continuous recording during parking mode, set the park time to "off". Night time is always always the most difficult one, with total darkness, bright headlights pointing at the camera, etc. I'm sure Jon and Sungmoon will be working the getting the best out of the X2.

I don't mind the moving clock on the screen, it provides me with the assurance knowing the unit is powered and functioning. If it were blank, I wouldn't know if something happened and it's not recording or lost of power, etc. Then, I would tap it to activate the screen just to check, that would be a waste of my time and can be a distraction during driving. That being said, if Sungmoon can add the option to turn it off to please others, like yourself, I'm all for it, but I'd still keep the clock myself.

I agree with the "back" option during playing videos. It makes more sense to go back to the video listing. It's not all bad though, right now, it goes to the Front/Rear menu, a extra click into the camera video listing, the list is where one last stopped off. It could be worse, it could go to the default end or beginning, forcing more scrolling.

The followup effort by them on the Panorama dash cams are second to none. With other vendors, you pretty much are talking to a wall, with no replies to our concerns and issues.

Thank you for the replay ezuser. No, during parking mode I'd like to leave it on motion detector. It's seems pretty reliable and it save memory and give you more history. I am not sure what the duration of parking mode in the setting means.

The moving clock is a personal preference. Thing is, it still display after you leave the car in parking mode (I know that several minutes after parking mode kicks in, that clock still showing). I cannot see the logic behind it, and if there is any, I would still like a setting option to turn screen off.

About the back function... Look, the intention is not to trash or to put anything down. It's to provide feedback to the people in charge of bringing us this product. So, "it could be worse..." doesn't apply here in my opinion. And yes. the responsiveness and attention to the voice of the customers are duly noted. It was part of my decision to invest in an equipment that is still somewhat in development. You would expect it though from a $300+ camera that's selling on Amazon.

Again, thank you for replaying to my post ezuser!

Just checked the screen this morning before entering the car. It was off. I guess it does goes off in parking mode...

@Hezi, the time setting in parking, I believe is how long you want the camera on. In the "off" duration setting, if you set the motion detection to anything other than "off", the camera will monitor motion detection as long as it is parked, until the battery monitor kicks in (if you have that set), or until you start your car. I should say that it will monitor continuously, not exactly record continuously. Does this make more sense?

Hi,
1 I will add full lcd off function.
2 will amend boot ways cause some error reported.
3 file system analysis will take time, but I am trying.
4 RGB color will be matched
5 daytime wdr will be reduced a little bit
Thanks

Hi,
1 I will add full lcd off function.
2 will amend boot ways cause some error reported.
3 file system analysis will take time, but I am trying.
4 RGB color will be matched
5 daytime wdr will be reduced a little bit
Thanks

Thank you Sungmoon!

Have you tried to copy that error file separately ? Have you also tried to playback that file directly from memory card? What are results ?

Buzz maybe caused from rear camera or cables being too close to car antenna or other objects that maybe emmiting interference.

Since I copied the files in bulk, I have no idea which file causes problems. However, everytime I ran into this problem, I just clicked try again and then the copying will keep on going.

Have you run a chkdsk against that card?

The buzzing is pretty random with mine - sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not.

Today I've noticed the GPS has stopped logging and wouldn't lock again on a 2 hour journey - that's the second time this has happened for me now and nothing has been touched cable wise. Maybe it's a faulty GPS if I'm the only person getting this.

Here is the chkdsk results:
From the front memory card, I got lots of these:
Removing nonvalid long folder entry from \PARKING...
Removing nonvalid long folder entry from \NORMAL...

From the rear memory card, here it goes:
More than one 20141~15.MP4 entry in folder \NORMAL.
Renamed to 20141~15.MP2.
Renamed to 20141~15.MP3.
Renamed to 20141~15.MP3.
More than one 201411~2.MP4 entry in folder \NORMAL.
Renamed to 201411~2.MP0.
Renamed to 201411~2.MP1.
Renamed to 201411~2.MP2.
Renamed to 201411~2.MP3.
Renamed to 201411~2.MP4.
Renamed to 201411~2.MP5.
Renamed to 201411~2.MP5.
More than one 201411~5.MP4 entry in folder \NORMAL.
Renamed to 201411~5.MP0.
Renamed to 201411~5.MP1.
Renamed to 201411~5.MP2.
Renamed to 201411~5.MP3.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The question now is how to avoid this from happening...

I'll keep on eyes on the buzzing and see if there's anything that acts as a trigger. Thanks all for the reply.

Since I copied the files in bulk, I have no idea which file causes problems. However, everytime I ran into this problem, I just clicked try again and then the copying will keep on going.
The "error file" you can see from screenshot. Its over 500mb so I guess you using 5min loop rec.?
Try to copy not whole SD card content, but lets say 5-6gb at a time.

Niko, thanks for your reply. You are right. I put the movie size to 5 mins.

Even though copying files in small quantity or small size might work but this is kinda inconvenient. And I want to find out the root cause of this.
I'm thinking if the cam will generate the same kind of errors if I put the movie size to 3 mins or less ...

Here is the chkdsk results:
From the front memory card, I got lots of these:

From the rear memory card, here it goes:
Renamed to 201411~5.MP0.
Renamed to 201411~5.MP1.
Renamed to 201411~5.MP2.
Renamed to 201411~5.MP3.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The question now is how to avoid this from happening...

I'll keep on eyes on the buzzing and see if there's anything that acts as a trigger. Thanks all for the reply.
You're getting that chkdsk error because the card is FAT32 - this doesn't happen in exFAT as that doesn't support short file names.

The only quick fix for this one for now is to use exFAT - otherwise whenever you fix any filesystem problems on Windows with a FAT32 card this can happen (it also happens on the other Panorama cameras on FAT32).

Once they're renamed you'd need to potentially manually delete the files with the .MP0 through .MP3 names as Registrator Viewer won't see them.

I've started a couple of threads in the new private forums created today

You're getting that chkdsk error because the card is FAT32 - this doesn't happen in exFAT as that doesn't support short file names.

The only quick fix for this one for now is to use exFAT - otherwise whenever you fix any filesystem problems on Windows with a FAT32 card this can happen (it also happens on the other Panorama cameras on FAT32).

Once they're renamed you'd need to potentially manually delete the files with the .MP0 through .MP3 names as Registrator Viewer won't see them.

I've started a couple of threads in the new private forums created today

I used exFAT before but I got the grey box error. I had no other choice but to try FAT32. Seems like this issue is going round and round. I'm really out of options here.
FAT32 gave me file error
exFAT gave me grey box

I'm using the transcend that came with the package.

You screenshot "error file" name is
20141116_113646.MP4 ( 2014 year 11 month 16 Date at 11h 36min 45sec. )

Try to playback this file:

1. directly from X2 device
2. insert memory card into PC slot and playback directly from there
3. copy / paste that file ( only that file ) and see if it will play.

... then can go further from there with other suggestions / advices depending on your outcome.

You screenshot "error file" name is
20141116_113646.MP4 ( 2014 year 11 month 16 Date at 11h 36min 45sec. )

Try to playback this file:

1. directly from X2 device
2. insert memory card into PC slot and playback directly from there
3. copy / paste that file ( only that file ) and see if it will play.

... then can go further from there with other suggestions / advices depending on your outcome.
I'll try that next time coz I've already fixed all the errors with chkdsk /f
Thank you.

Saddening... Seems even with Transcend, it isn't problem free yet..

Damn this issue with SDXC cards! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my x2 last Friday. Jon the seller included his Tel and cell. I called him to ask if I could bother him with questions over the weekend. His reply was sure, call anytime. Thank you Jon, you stand behind your cam. Today I hardwired the X2 and finished with the front portion. The rear I will leave for another weekend. I wanted to share some of my first impressions and ask few questions;

First, I wired it to a booster battery in my kitchen and fiddled around with the setting. I think when all is installed, I will call Jon and go over the setting one by one with him, set it, and forget it. I have no intention to experiment on the cam to see what's works for me shy of checking it every week or so to make sure it works. Unlike other members here, I had 0 issues with memory cards. Got 2 Transcend 64GB that were recommended by Niko (thank you Niko!). In the parking mode setting there's an option to set parking time. What is it? Is that the duration of recording after the car is off? I wasn't sure about it and set it to 24Hrs (I want it to to continually record) . I love how you get an option to divide the memory card and choose the portion of memory you want to allocate to normal/parking/ and events. On the Video setting, I set the bit rate to "Low" (I think it was like that by default). Again, what is it? and how it effect the Video/memory usage/ etc.

Next I set in the car looking for the best location to mount the front box (That's what it look like...). I also had my son hold it against the windshield while I stood outside directing him to move in various directions to see what does the cam look like from the outside. I was looking for a good compromise between the best position to capture the road ahead, stealth, and minimum interference with driver visibility. At the end, I mounted it right behind the rear view mirror. It's very hard to play with the setting where it is, but this was the best location for my needs.

Next I covered every shining surface with electrical tape (thank you Niko. again!). I wish the manufacturer would have designed it like it right out of the factory. Who need all the blings and shining finishes on the cam??? The whole purpose I chose this cam is the parking mode. I have a Tesla and the first thing to meet a backing driver on my car is a cone (not a bumper), the damage would be catastrophic... I really wanted the cam to be stealthy. Same with the clear plastic bracket. It is too visible from the outside. I wish it was plain black, and I wish it was shorter so the cam would be closer to the glass. Also wish the USB cable to the "box", would end with 90° angle like the power cable. That would put less stress on the jack.
View attachment 9403

At the end, I think the location works for me. I have to move the mirror to play with the setting, and even than, I can't reach the whole screen unless I use a thin object.
View attachment 9404

View attachment 9405

Few more remarks, questions;

Why can't the screen go off at all? Even when it goes off, it doesn't. There's a date/time moving around like a screen saver. This shine on the back of my rear view mirror and doesn't make the cam that stealthy. It's also consume power (as little that it may be) and will shorten the screen life. This screen is going to be turned on infinitely, or for as long as it plugged in. Hope this is going to be corrected on later firmware. Same with the "back" arrow when reviewing videos on the camera. It doesn't take you to previous screen where you see the list of video segments you were on a moment ago, but to the beginning of the playback function where you need to choose card (front or back).

This is my immediate question/concerns I have. I know this is a new product with firmware upgrade soon to come. I researched for days before choosing the X2. So far it look like a quality device. I am writing this before even reviewing the video footage on my computer. I will write back with my impressions on the video quality.

I shipped the new Beta firmware on yours. Set bit rate to High (15Mbps instead of 12Mbps) Keep Brightness on HIGH and night will look much better. Screen Off is coming soon (see SungMoon's last post)

Saddening... Seems even with Transcend, it isn't problem free yet..

Damn this issue with SDXC cards! :mad:

I reviewed most of the error files and it seems they happens when the cam is switched from recording to menu access. Such as:
1) I touched the screen and change the LCD standby time
2) I tried to view the rear cam
3) I switched from PARKING to ignition-on

I'm starting to think it's how the camera handles the sudden start and stop of recording. Think back when we have 160M hard drive, these bad programs always cause lost chains to HDD. I'm guessins this might be part of the issue here.

Panorama X2
8cc409371f78.jpg

Blackvue DR750LW-2CH
50aa47b5760b.jpg

BlackVue DR500W-HD
9b0100404f5b.jpg

Blackvue DR550GW-2CH
dfbafedeaa35.jpg

Blackvue DR550GW-2CH with WDR
a445feb7e903.jpg

You've certainly got the WDR tuned nicely on the 550 now Alex - that last pic looks very good indeed :)

Now we just need the same on the X2 :)

Back