2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

You've certainly got the WDR tuned nicely on the 550 now Alex - that last pic looks very good indeed :)

Now we just need the same on the X2 :)
I agree with you. We need to make a balance.

Just got my X2 in the post today from Jon @Pier28. Hope to paint it matte black over the weekend and get it fitted on Monday

I suggest that you first use the X2 for a few days, to ensure it's working perfectly, then paint it.
It's liquid wrap so comes off anyway. I'd also rather not risk any potential theft ideally

Mine's been in for almost a month now mate and no-one has half inched it - for the first few days it had the LED on constantly too!

If you paint it and something does go wrong Sungmoon won't take it back so it would be an expensive mistake!

Is this unit stable and ready for consumer or should I be looking else where? I have asked question to seller and never got response. Thanks

Is this unit stable and ready for consumer or should I be looking else where? I have asked question to seller and never got response. Thanks
Which seller did you ask from ?

Did you try using the contact us form on http://shop.pier28.com ? I always respond lightning fast. There might be something wrong if you did and I will troubleshoot ASAP. Yes the X2 works great with 32GB. Larger cards have a few quirks which will be addressed soon.

I just woke up to find a new updated X2 firmware from the developer in my inbox which I'll be testing shortly.

EDIT:

If you're part of the beta tester group, I just posted the newest release 1.01.02 (2014-11-20) Beta Firmware.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/x2-beta-firmware-1-01-02-2014-11-20.8435/

Last edited by a moderator:

I haven't purchased an X2 yet, but I see one in my future - SOON. :D

I currently have a Blackvue DR750LW and Finvu CR-2000G testing and comparing the video and features with the X2. (I am subscribed to this thread and read every new post).

If you read through this entire thread you will see that X2 is a very solid dash cam with excellent features.

Also, the tech support and response time is the best I've seen so far. Everyone is doing a great job of testing, fixing and adding features to this cam.

If you are hesitant, maybe wait a couple more weeks and let any remaining issues get resolved to your satisfaction. (that's what I am doing)

*** FOR SALE - Blackvue DR750LW and Finvu CR-2000G ***:eek:

I had sent you a question on contact us pier 28 site short time ago with no response.

You're the second person to report this problem in the last week. I'll have our sever guy fix it pronto. Seems to be intermittent which is not good

Well how can we see how the testing is going with the new release? If I were to purchase the x2 what firmware would be installed? Would I also be able to update firmware with new improvements when they are released?

Well how can we see how the testing is going with the new release? If I were to purchase the x2 what firmware would be installed? Would I also be able to update firmware with new improvements when they are released?

I'll invite you to the private beta section of the forum. Need to wait for DashCamMan to respond though. Yes updates are easy to apply. I'll ship with the latest if you wish.

Just a quick message to say that I just pulled the trigger on the X2 with GPS (via Amazon) as my first cam and one of the big reasons for choosing this one is the support and updates that happening here. Well done! Looking forward to some fun setting it up in the car.

Just a quick message to say that I just pulled the trigger on the X2 with GPS (via Amazon) as my first cam and one of the big reasons for choosing this one is the support and updates that happening here. Well done! Looking forward to some fun setting it up in the car.

Welcome to the X2 club, I see the pending Amazon order. Be sure to download the latest user manual from here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ew-panorama-x2-draft-instruction-manual.7578/
If you would like to be a beta test of the newest pre-release firmware, I'll invite you to the private PowerUCC beta section. (let me know)

Thanks!

As far as the Beta, count me in! I am a huge geek and love messing with things like that.

Welcome to the club. Sounds good, the more people we have troubleshooting the betas and providing feedback, the faster the bugs can hopefully be ironed out.

So, there are a lot of on-going beta-firmware tests right now to polish up FW to maximum performance. I will not going to write about every little issue which beta-testers working on in this thread ( there is a private forum thread for beta-testers ), but just want to point out one major brake-trough in Night Video quality which me personally have been waiting for quite long time, this way to keep up people with major changes who are following Panorama X2 main thread here.

From very first release of X2, it had natural night video recording, but unfortunately it did lose a lot details at night, especially in pitch-dark or on the road with little streets lights. The aim was to get night recording performance close to what Panorama 2 / S series had with FW v1.12.03 - v1.12.04. You may see comparison of my previous X2 firmware vs Panorama 2 / S v1.12.04 HERE.

With a new X2 beta FW v1.01.02 the result of night video recording was achieved similar to what Panorama 2 / S has with v1.12.04 ( maximum background details at low light ).
Although Panorama 2 / S FW v1.12.04 has purple / violet haze, which maybe many people dont like, with Panorama X2 v1.01.02 this purple haze was "replaced" by more "user-friendly" to eyes Greenish-blueish "haze".

Why need "haze" ? It's because in pitch-dark driving to separate one dark object from another dark object, it needs some "opposite" colour to black colour, to see an objects. Otherwise can not separate objects from each other and video will be mostly dark without background details. Some dashcams use brownish, some greenish, background "haze", - most Sony Exmor CMOS sensors have blueish- and purple background haze. New X2 FW has greenish-blueish haze, which I think is more "user-friendly" / pleasant to eyes than Panorama 2 / S purple haze. ( P.S. This is my personal opinion )

Below are my last night driving tests of new X2 v1.01.02 with different brightness settings.

Raw / original files can be downloaded from HERE

EDIT:

After FW update, I forgot to change GMT to +0 ( for our region ), so the real time of recording on the video is -8h.

Although Panorama 2 / S FW v1.12.04 has purple / violet haze, which maybe many people dont like, with Panorama X2 v1.01.02 this purple haze was "replaced" by more "user-friendly" to eyes Greenish-blueish "haze".

Why need "haze" ? It's because in pitch-dark driving to separate one dark object from another dark object, it needs some "opposite" colour to black colour, to see an objects. Otherwise can not separate objects from each other and video will be mostly dark without background details. Some dashcams use brownish, some greenish, background "haze", - most Sony Exmor CMOS sensors have blueish- and purple background haze. New X2 FW has greenish-blueish haze, which I think is more "user-friendly" / pleasant to eyes than Panorama 2 / S purple haze. ( P.S. This is my personal opinion )

Can we get a "Haze" off/on menu option? :confused:

Back