2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

People with Hatch backs. where do you mount your rear cams?

I don't have a hatchback but a SUV that swings open sideways and the rear window that pops up like a hatchback. I needed extra length and used an USB extension and have part of the cable loose so I can do both/either (open rear door, pop open rear window). My rear cam is mounted on the rear glass where the rear wiper will sweep and give the cam a good clean view. Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks, My main concern is when you mount it on the rear windows. it may fall off over time due to slamming the rear boot.

I have seen some installs use a bracket to mount on the ceiling.

@TurBIce, the adhesive is very strong, I don't believe it will fall off over time.

I had thought about a bracket and installing it away from the glass to keep the cable more tidy but so far it works out better this way for me.

i c. also would constant shaking(slamming) to the rear cam cause any ill effects on the components?

i c. also would constant shaking(slamming) to the rear cam cause any ill effects on the components?

I'm confident it will hold up well. The camera and mount is very light weight, very close to the window, and sticky base is quite strong. Just make sure the USB cord as secured, that's the only heavy/swing action item in play. Adhesive Cord clips are included.

ive an suv and i have the rear cam mounted on the dome lamp housing. im also using an extension cable.

I noticed this in yesterdays parking videos - you can see the camera switching from whatever it had set the AE at to the high setting which I've got set for night time.

Can I get an invite to the beta tester area, my X2 should be on the way tomorrow :D and I do love messing about with tech :)

I want to try new firmware for x2
can i join in the Powerucc Private Forum (beta tester area) ?

I want to try new firmware for x2
can i join in the Powerucc Private Forum (beta tester area) ?

Sorry, the Panorama private beta group is for customers that Niko and I supplied the Panorama X2 to. Please check with your supplier.

Sorry, the Panorama private beta group is for customers that Niko and I supplied the Panorama X2 to. Please check with your supplier.
Having a lot of problems in the firmware X2 (eg screenshots day with a lack of clouds \ sky, orange instead of red), it is strange that you do not need an extra beta tester products Powerucc, which is able to compare and test. In any case, good luck.

Footage is looking good! What sort of distance does the camera see out to so that it triggers motion detection?
And does it store X seconds from the time of the first motion or will it keep recording until the motion has stopped. For example, a string of cars driving past - does it wait until after the last car has gone past?

Last edited:
Footage is looking good! What sort of distance does the camera see out to so that it triggers to save a file?

There is a 3 options of motion sensitivity ( low, med, high ). I keep mine on LOW, because medium and highest captures too many useless motions ( flying birds, trees etc ).
Distance is depending on which sensitivity is motion set and how much light is outside. On a nice sunny day it triggers 40-50 metre away moving car. On a cloudy days or at evening this distance is shorter.

There is a 3 options of motion sensitivity ( low, med, high ). I keep mine on LOW, because medium and highest captures too many useless motions ( flying birds, trees etc ).
Distance is depending on which sensitivity is motion set and how much light is outside. On a nice sunny day it triggers 40-50 metre away moving car. On a cloudy days or at evening this distance is shorter.
Thanks! I edited my post to include another question about recording time. Do you know about that?

Thank you to all regular X2 customers that participated in the Private powerUCC section of the forum. If you no longer have access it's because the resellers/developers have decided to bring general discussion back to the public area to continue next steps from here. Please continue your reports and questions in the new 1.01.09 thread or create a new thread in the public powerUCC section. We are ready for full collaboration rather then only a few members now.

Back