2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

I just format the cards (64 and 128gb) directly into the camera.

Thanks for the quick reply!

As much as the good support you provide to the community and as much as I want to buy from it, it may be more economical to buy from a Canada vendor as I don't have to pay extra shipping, taxes and duties. :(
There is no Canadian vendor though

Which 3rd party format app did you use? You can't use windows directly.

With Panorama S an G I tell customers using >32GB cards that if they have good results formatting the card inside the camera to carry on. If they experience problems I recommend FAT32.
I used "SmartDisk Fat32" but it did not detect the cards on X2. But when back to exFAT again, it was detected.

And after sometime, there is a little grey rectangular box in the middle of the screen just like someone mentioned earlier.

For Panorama S or G, it is exFAT readily anytime on it's latest firmware hence no issues at all.

That short filename bug only affects FAT32 - exFAT doesn't support them.

I'm running my 64GB card as exFAT and no issues to report on there yet :)

Well this is a strange one - ironically the camera has been behaving fine with a Sandisk Ultra 64GB card but is not 100% happy with a Samsung Evo 32GB (a couple of the videos seem to cut out half way) and it won't even accept a Samsung 70MB/sec card - it leaves the outline of a grey box on screen and won't record anything.

Have any of you guys seen anything similar or know of anything due to be fixed?

Also would it be possible to have the firmware automatically run in parking mode for the rear camera whenever you take the front card out? It seems like the whole unit stops when the front card is removed currently.
I encountered that same grey box on screen as well with it being exFAT 64gb samsung and also SanDisk Ultra 64gb.

if I format it via SmartDisk to fat32, it just wouldnt detect it, later back to exFAT it reads it again.

What's the recommendation with Panorama devices for aiming the cameras? I always tend to go for 60/40 or thereabouts with less sky than horizon but the X2 seems to run better in my car the other way around in the current beta firmwares.

Just to have a play I've angled both the front and rear cameras up and it's still not doing a bad job - a bit dark in some situations but numberplate capture is improved for me. If I did this with a lot of other cameras I'd be getting a lovely sky and wouldn't be able to see anything on the road - guess it's the dynamic range at play and better firmware coming into play here.

We had a nice day today so I got some footage and some is stunning - nearly took a hit though on a blind corner folks love whizzing around:

Here are three pics showing the difference on the rear camera with just the angle changed - you can see the third picture is the best in terms of not clipping brighter stuff straight to white in my car:

rear1.jpg rear2.jpg rear3.jpg

It just goes to show how much difference can be made from something as simple as the angle of the camera :)

As it stands in my case,

The front cam sees more dash and hood. The higher I aim it the more tint you see on the window, and I'm sure this will confuse the sensor with part of the image darker than the lower part.

Still have blown out license plates.

It might be worth trying this mate, it's definitely helped me for now. When we get all the individual controls I'll be sat tweaking it for ages :)

As it stands in my case,

The front cam sees more dash and hood. The higher I aim it the more tint you see on the window, and I'm sure this will confuse the sensor with part of the image darker than the lower part.

Still have blown out license plates.

Agreed. Gotta do something about the blown out issue.

I'm running .17 now and I do see some improved behavior in the video.

One of the screen captures you will see a television production going on. Besos is a big production magnet here in Hollywood... o_O

Attachments

• 20141029_090624.MP4_snapshot_04.18_[2014.10.29_13.38.44].jpg
    20141029_090624.MP4_snapshot_04.18_[2014.10.29_13.38.44].jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20141103_093448.MP4_snapshot_01.40_[2014.11.03_16.58.06].jpg
    20141103_093448.MP4_snapshot_01.40_[2014.11.03_16.58.06].jpg
    475 KB · Views: 29
Angle it up for now and it will help with the blowing out while you wait for new firmware :)

aiight,
in the morning i will angle up more. i tried this before but did not have much success, but that was older firmware...

I tried formatting my SDXC cards into FAT32 and the camera cannot seem to detect the cards at all on either slots!

Any idea what's going on?

I angled it up too far today and have lots of very dark road footage so now I'm trying the other extreme :D

What size are the cards? Are they 64GB? Might be worth trying exFAT and seeing what happens then.

I angled it up too far today and have lots of very dark road footage so now I'm trying the other extreme :D

What size are the cards? Are they 64GB? Might be worth trying exFAT and seeing what happens then.
ALL 64gb and above cards are classified as SDXC / exFAT

As mentioned above, so long I use SDXC + exFAT too long, there will be a grey outline box that happened to you previously as well.

The whole camera will then seize recording and freeze at times..

Nevertheless, anyone tried using SDXC + fat32 on firmware 15 and 17? Any success? Mine seem to totally unable to detect the card at all so long it's SDXC formatted on Fat32

Or older firmwares like 08 or 12 supports SDXC + Fat32 format?

I did get the grey outline when the 64GB card was formatted to FAT32 - since it was formatted in camera to exFAT it's been stable on firmware 17.

Using exFAT also bypasses the short file name bug.

Last time I had that grey box I swapped the cards around, formatted the 64GB in camera that way once it detected it and fingers crossed it's not crashed since.

SDXC / 64GB and upwards support is being improved in the newer firmwares.

Also when you're getting the grey box on exFAT have you tried running a chkdsk on the card in a PC to see if there are filesystem problems?

OK just spotted a new bug in 17 - not sure if anyone else has seen this but for a three minute period (the loop interval) during normal driving the X2 stopped recording video and audio but created an MP4 file containing all of the GPS metadata. The rear camera worked fine during the same period - only the front was affected.

I thought it was RV playing up but from looking at the file itself it only contains GPS data.

I have it set to three minute intervals and the previous and next 3 minute interval were fine.

Here's a copy of the file:
https://mega.co.nz/#!1VNX1CbT!lPcM3z443nkIZ_4sgoxeKCrRy3eN43h0PX8lixb9i4Q

..:: Edit ::..
Turns out this has happened twice up front now and both times creates a 179KB MP4 file containing just the GPS stream and no video or audio.

The front is a 64GB exFAT card and the back is a 32GB FAT32 card so maybe this is an exFAT issue.

Last edited:
Running the version 17 firmware, twice the cam has shut down when in parking mode. Twice I've come out to the ride and the cam was off.

This has occurred with two sets of cards (two each of 128 and 64.) cards always formatted in cam.
Cam switches into Park mode normally on its own and was indeed recording when I left the vehicle.
Cam works normally in drive mode.
Did not change any parameters once installed the 17 firmware.
Never had any problems with shipping firmware.

If this happens again today when I head back to the car (I'm at the job at the moment) I may have to revert back to shipping firmware...

I'll check in with SungMoon to see how the new next version Firmware is shaping up. I know he was learning new 64/128 formatting enhancement tricks among other things.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back