3 lights on solid

Rhody401

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have noticed this happen twice in just 3 days.

I leave my garage (which is not hot), and notice the screen is still on 5 minutes later, and all 3 lights are lit solid.

I pull the power supply and it stays on about three times longer than the usual graceful shutdown, a nd gets dimmer and dimmer as it runs out of power.

I plug the power back in and it boots up, has some message that is too small to ready, and then comes up with a CANCEL/OK prompt to re-format the SD card. I let it format the card both times.

Is this a sign that the included SD card is already dead, in just a month, or something else?

Thanks in advance
Mike

It's all stock, what came with it. I havent tried it without a memory card, but it does work 80% of the time. I have had 3 drives since this happened, and it is fine. But it happened twice in just 3 days.

Memory card is the weakest point. Transcend brand memory cards have a low failure rate but they do occur from time to time.

I'll keep an eye on it in case it happens again. I tend to think its a bad memory card, too, because it wants to reformat it right after this happens.

Card is under warranty. I'm not able to view your location via mobile but if you bought from @Pier28 in North America I'll be sure you're sent a new one if needed.

I'll keep an eye on it in case it happens again. I tend to think its a bad memory card, too, because it wants to reformat it right after this happens.

the 3 lights on and the gradual power off means it had locked up, the message on reboot to format the card suggests it's card related, let us know anyway if there's an issue there and we'll get it sorted

Yes I got it from Pier28 via amazon

Ok let us know if you suspect a bad card.

You can format, eject, and run h2wtest if you have windows
http://download1859.mediafire.com/8md61o701wog/t4da2v0v7axs9cz/h2testw_1.4.zip

I will run the h2wtest momentarily, but I just mounted the card on my computer and see what looks like a lot of corruption. (and I formatted it twice in the past 3 days, in the device). I am running the newest beta.

corrupt.png

I will run the h2wtest momentarily, but I just mounted the card on my computer and see what looks like a lot of corruption. (and I formatted it twice in the past 3 days, in the device). I am running the newest beta.

while you're waiting for the new card to arrive can you try a full format in the PC using this software https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html and see if it comes up ok

there's defiantly a problem with that card which could just be a card issue, it does happen, if any odd behavior with a replacement card though (which would be highly unlikely) we'll replace the camera and power supply (you are using the supplied power lead, yeah?) just to be sure

while you're waiting for the new card to arrive can you try a full format in the PC using this software https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html and see if it comes up ok

there's defiantly a problem with that card which could just be a card issue, it does happen, if any odd behavior with a replacement card though (which would be highly unlikely) we'll replace the camera and power supply (you are using the supplied power lead, yeah?) just to be sure

I tried that. For the rare times that Windows can even mount it, it gives an error saying it is write protected, when I tell it to format.

I just used my vehicle, without the card inserted, and it seems to shut off after 2-3 minutes. (before briefly displaying the SG logo) I assume this is normal?

No big deal. Thanks again for the fantastic tech support, folks!

I tried that. For the rare times that Windows can even mount it, it gives an error saying it is write protected, when I tell it to format.

ok, that card is definitely toast then, Jon will have the replacement to you ASAP

I just used my vehicle, without the card inserted, and it seems to shut off after 2-3 minutes. (before briefly displaying the SG logo) I assume this is normal?

yes if no card is in the camera it will power down at whatever interval the auto restart is set at

No big deal.

it is because we want you working without issues, Jon will be on top of it and get you sorted whatever that takes, apologies for the inconvenience

Back