300W completely dead

TRSpceStr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a 300W used from CEX about 3 months ago and it has completely died. It was working perfectly fine (excluding the date issue) after first installing it with the series 2 HWK in a 2013 ford focus. I first noticed it when I pressed the save file button it didn't respond, then I noticed that none of the lights were on. The files on the SD card are dated only untill 2 weeks ago and they all recorded perfectly fine. Nothing after. It will no longer respond to anything. Card in/out, HWK/pc/usb wall power or pressing any buttons yield no results.

Is there a reset button/hole ?

The only other check you can do is another mini usb cable and/or see if you can identify any bent pins

I've used 3 different cables that work with other devices, and it doesn't appear that any pins are damaged

Just a thought

Hi,
Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the 300W using a pen. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now start normally? If not then I'm afraid it sounds like the 300W is faulty. Did CEX provide you with a warranty at all please?

On a side note, the time and date issue was resolved with a firmware update, which is available on our website or from our support team.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi,
Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the 300W using a pen. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now start normally? If not then I'm afraid it sounds like the 300W is faulty. Did CEX provide you with a warranty at all please?

On a side note, the time and date issue was resolved with a firmware update, which is available on our website or from our support team.

Kind regards,
Millie
Thanks for the help, but none of this worked. Unfortunately it's toast, and I'm outside the warranty period. However I have since replaced it with a 312GW which is much better

Hi,

Kind regards,
Millie
CEX give a 24 month warantee if i remember correctly, you might need to contact them

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Nextbase Other 0
B Nextbase Other 3
B Nextbase Other 0
R Nextbase Other 4
russ331 Nextbase Other 23
Back