522gw blue light no power

Burned2k

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a nextbase 522gw, it was working fine but overnight decided to not boot in the morning all i get is a solid bluelight, i have brought it inside to try charging on mains but i get the same, i also have a battery backup unit that has a 12v Lighter supply but also the same, i know its a bit of a long shot as you cant see it but does that sound like a battery issue or maybe something more serious?
Kind Regards
Ray Moorhead

A steady blue light of course shows the unit is charging. I take it the light is not going out at all! Does the unit not turn on or work at all?

Hi, no the blue light stays on as long as power is supplied, when the power button is pressed nothing happens.

That does sound like another dead battery

can i get a link to buy a replacement battery from nextbase please? they dont seem to have them on their website.

Nextbase do appear here randomly. Maybe give them a call.

Hi, i have a nextbase 522gw, it was working fine but overnight decided to not boot in the morning all i get is a solid bluelight, i have brought it inside to try charging on mains but i get the same, i also have a battery backup unit that has a 12v Lighter supply but also the same, i know its a bit of a long shot as you cant see it but does that sound like a battery issue or maybe something more serious?
Kind Regards
Ray Moorhead

Hi Ray,

Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam using a pen. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now start normally?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back