povgride742

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I've only started experiencing this issue since doing all of the following:
  1. Hardwiring my 522GW to a permanent live
  2. Restoring my 522GW to factory settings
  3. Resetting the App on my Android Device (Clearing Cache and Storage)

I have no issue connecting the app to the camera. But it won't automatically reconnect to my phone the next time I get in my car. When I used the cigarette lighter for power, it reconnected every time without fail.

When accessing the menu from within the 522GW, it shows a paired device (albeit with no name). The app shows the 522GW but just stays on Waiting for Connection. Going through the process of connecting to the app through the camera settings succeeds every time. It just won't automatically reconnect.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you,
Brett

Hello Brett,

Thank you for your message. What phone model do you have please, and what iOS/Android version is it on please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hello Brett,

Thank you for your message. What phone model do you have please, and what iOS/Android version is it on please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Hello Millie,

Google Pixel 6
Android Version 12

Thank you,
Brett

Hello Brett,

On your phone, go into Settings- Apps- MyNextbase- Notifications- Ensure these are set to On. Then go back one screen to Permissions and ensure these are also turned on.

Then go to your MyNextbase Connect app and click on the menu in the top left of the app home screen. Select App Settings and turn on ‘Prefer Wi-Fi Direct Downloads’, ‘Allow analytics’ and ‘Enable Low Resolution Downloads'.

Please see the following link: https://nextbase.zendesk.com/hc/en-150/articles/360020632937-MyNextbase-Connect-permission-settings

Kind regards,
Millie

Hello Brett,

On your phone, go into Settings- Apps- MyNextbase- Notifications- Ensure these are set to On. Then go back one screen to Permissions and ensure these are also turned on.

Then go to your MyNextbase Connect app and click on the menu in the top left of the app home screen. Select App Settings and turn on ‘Prefer Wi-Fi Direct Downloads’, ‘Allow analytics’ and ‘Enable Low Resolution Downloads'.

Please see the following link: https://nextbase.zendesk.com/hc/en-150/articles/360020632937-MyNextbase-Connect-permission-settings

Kind regards,
Millie
Hello Millie,

All notifications were on but 'Phone' and 'Files and Media' access was denied. I enabled them.

I do not have a setting for 'Prefer Wi-Fi Direct Downloads' but I do have and enabled 'Enable Low Resolution Downloads'. 'Allow Analytics' was already enabled.

I'll test this out when I get home from out of town Friday.

Thank you,
Brett

Hello Brett,

Thank you for your update, please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Millie

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your update, that's great news!
If there's anything else that I can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in contact.

Kind regards,
Millie

Back