522GW hardwired not going into standby

Carroux

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello,

Just got my new car and hardwired it with a permanent fuse socket.
Unfortunately the cam does not stop recording, even after an hour of parking.
Currently Park mode is turned off. Auto shut down is enabled.
Is so,etching wrong with the 522GW? With constant recording I assume the cam will drain the 12V in a few hours…
Therefor I manually turned it off for now…any ideas?

Thanks

I think you need parking mode turned on for the camera to turn off when stationary or it will just stay on all the time.

With Parking mode on it will turn off after 5 mins and then come back on if it dedects an impact or movement.

The only thing I didnt like about this was if you sit in traffic the camera will go off, then some moron runs in to the back of you and you have no video of it. Sure it will start up but it takes 5 seconds or so so you miss the event.

Hello,

Just got my new car and hardwired it with a permanent fuse socket.
Unfortunately the cam does not stop recording, even after an hour of parking.
Currently Park mode is turned off. Auto shut down is enabled.
Is so,etching wrong with the 522GW? With constant recording I assume the cam will drain the 12V in a few hours…
Therefor I manually turned it off for now…any ideas?

Thanks
Hello,

Andy above is exactly correct. If you've connected the Hard Wire Kit to a permanently live fuse, then the cam is constantly being supplied with power and will not turn off. If you would like it to deactivate, we recommend enabling Parking Mode.
For Parking Mode, if the camera is completely still for five minutes (the car is parked), then the camera will 'hibernate' in Parking Mode.

If your car is bumped and the G Force sensor registers movement then the dash cam will automatically turn on, record for 30 seconds and then shut back down again. If you are unlucky enough to be hit twice in a row then the dash cam would automatically record again and capture both events.

Here's some more information about Parking Mode:
https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/dash-cam-features/parking-mode/

1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording (by pressing the red circle)
3) Go into Settings (the button in the top left)
4) Go into Setup settings
5) Scroll across to ‘Parking Mode’
6) Enable Parking Mode here

If you do not want to enable Parking Mode, then I would recommend changing the hard wire kit position from a permanent live fuse to a switch live fuse. This will then only power the dashcam when the car's ignition is turned on.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back