522GW replacement 3M adhesive?

Skylar132

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 PRO 2CH
Want some of the 3M adhesive for my 522gw as the last one failed but see its out of stock on nextbase parts, nextbase could you help me out?

Hello,

Thank you for your message. I'm afraid that we're currently out of stock of the adhesive pads, but are due an imminent shipment. As soon as we have stock again, our parts website will be updated to reflect this. In the meantime I'd recommend the adhesive plate instead (as this comes with an adhesive pad attached), which can be purchased here: https://nextbaseparts.co.uk/collections/522gw/products/series-2-adhesive-mount-plate

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

For a simple cheap alternative, purchase a couple of pads from Halfords that they use to number plates.

Hello,

Thank you for your message. I'm afraid that we're currently out of stock of the adhesive pads, but are due an imminent shipment. As soon as we have stock again, our parts website will be updated to reflect this. In the meantime I'd recommend the adhesive plate instead (as this comes with an adhesive pad attached), which can be purchased here: https://nextbaseparts.co.uk/collections/522gw/products/series-2-adhesive-mount-plate

Kind regards,
Millie
Are these in stock? I just bought a 522 and after 3-4 days the weight ot the camera is pulling the adhesive off and it won’t stick securely.

Are these in stock? I just bought a 522 and after 3-4 days the weight ot the camera is pulling the adhesive off and it won’t stick securely.
Still out of pads and plates. Like Decking commented, a quick temporary fix is some of the adhesive pads for number plates, or some strong double sided tape. i used the gorilla tape to hold on a name plate in my rear window and it has held so far for two months

Still out of pads and plates. Like Decking commented, a quick temporary fix is some of the adhesive pads for number plates, or some strong double sided tape. i used the gorilla tape to hold on a name plate in my rear window and it has held so far for two months
Thanks. Yeah, I have some 3M VHB tape, which is what they use. I just figured something cut to fit by the manuf. might work better, given the difficulties I’ve already had with the Nextbase product.

Thanks. Yeah, I have some 3M VHB tape, which is what they use. I just figured something cut to fit by the manuf. might work better, given the difficulties I’ve already had with the Nextbase product.
Pads cut to fit will hold better. But on the parts page, there should an option to notify you when they are back in stock, i have it on because i plan on moving the camera soon and im on my last pad

I bought some genuine Viofo replacement pads and they stick like %*×#

Not sure how they measure up size wise. The trick is to fully clean the glass, then stick the mount and leave it 72 hours to fully cure before putting any weight on it.

This is the V3 sticker but other models may have different sizes. UK supplier : https://viofouk.co.uk/product/3m-sticker-for-a119v3-a119-a119s-a119pro/

Hello,

There's a spare adhesive pad in the original box. If a further replacement is required, we are currently out of stock of adhesive pads but the adhesive plate is available from the below website:
https://nextbaseparts.co.uk/collections/522gw/products/series-2-adhesive-mount-plate

Kind regards,
Millie

Very frustrated trying to stick 522gw to window. It fell off in the first warm weather, and I find there is no suction cup mount I can buy and not even any adhesive. This is an expensive camera that cannot be used. Is there ANY means of attaching to the front car window for longer than 8 hours??

When purchased new the 522 GW comes with both suction and sticky pad mounts. Usually 2 pads are supplied (or there used to be). I take it the camera was purchased as a new item?

Available via nextbase website. There is a GPS version for the 522.

Attachments

• 00594584-9F60-471E-B4A3-3939BEBEA93D.png
    00594584-9F60-471E-B4A3-3939BEBEA93D.png
    906.7 KB · Views: 4
My 522GW came included with suction cup mount, bought package from Best Buy, works great, I move it between cars regularly

Did not come with suction mount. I don't understand the "Go Pro" mount that also works with 522GW. What does that mean? Can I still plug it in to the camera like my disfuntional tape mount? This still uses sticky pads, which I have found do not stick for very long (it was 24 hrs for me). This seems to be such a common problem, could Nextbase not sell me a suction mount from an older version, or something? I would seek a "universal" suction type mount (I have one for an old Garmin and it works beautifully), BUT, I doubt if can plug it into the camera unit, it is such a specific design. I am frustrated because I bought, at considerable expense to me, a unit that is SO good in video specs and connections, but has been rendered completely useless by a single, seemingly trivial, design failure.

Go to Nextbase website there will be a section for spares, but cannot understand why no suction holder, Google what’s in box, take it back to supplier as incomplete. As a matter of interest where did you buy it from?
Be assured, it’s not a common problem. Mine stays in front screen all year round on the sticky pad, never ever been a problem.

Got it for Christmas at Best Buy box electronics store. I'm encouraged by your experience with "stickiness". I even bought heat resistant tape after it first fell, per advice from Reddit, but it obviously failed, too. I'm thinking I should try the sticking pad again, with a 3M "VHB" adhesive. Thanks for your optimism.

For what it’s worth, give the glass a good clean with a spirit cleaner to ensure there is no residue from previous cleaners/ polishers. Fit the pad and magnetic holder and let it settle for a few hours before attaching camera. Good luck.

Not always possible but the 3M advise is that their pads should not have anything attached for at least 24 hours and they take 72 hours to fully cure.

The Nextbase is fairly heavy so not hanging it for at least 24 hours is key.

Once it has fallen off though that sticker is dead and will continue to fall off.

Back