522GW replacement 3M adhesive?

Cleaned and waiting for 3m "pads". The rubbery pad that was on the magnetic "plug" is now torn off. Do I need to replace it, or can I stick directly onto the plastic base?

Providing the plastic is smooth, I’m sure you could attach straight to it, can’t remember the rubber stuff.

Very frustrated trying to stick 522gw to window. It fell off in the first warm weather, and I find there is no suction cup mount I can buy and not even any adhesive. This is an expensive camera that cannot be used. Is there ANY means of attaching to the front car window for longer than 8 hours??
Hi,

I'd recommend trying the replacement adhesive pad in the box. Once the pad has been removed from the window once, it will lose most of its adhesiveness and will not re-adhere properly.
If you would like to use a suction cup instead, this can be purchased as a spare part from our Spare Parts website here: https://nextbaseparts.co.uk/collections/522gw

Here's how to swap over the adhesive bracket and suction bracket:

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

When purchased new the 522 GW comes with both suction and sticky pad mounts. Usually 2 pads are supplied (or there used to be). I take it the camera was purchased as a new item?
By reading another post on this site, I understand due to environmental issues, and customer feedback, the suction base has stopped being supplied with the camera. Just two sticky pads now. Sorry for misinformation.

In my experience suction cups need to be periodically removed and refitted. If not then in a short time they fall off which is not what you want ...... a dashcam dropping onto a hard dashboard isn't recommended.

In my experience suction cups need to be periodically removed and refitted. If not then in a short time they fall off which is not what you want ...... a dashcam dropping onto a hard dashboard isn't recommended.
I agree they are not full proof, but it was an slteranative and you can’t swap a dashcam between two cars with only one window fix base.

Back