522GW stuck on load screen with sounds

Slipstream73

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The 522GW hasn’t been a decent buy - always has some type of issue. The latest one is where the camera doesn’t even start - once plugged in it stays stuck on the loading screen with a constant beeping and it never goes beyond this screen.

Any advice on rescuing it?

I’m not buying another one based on my experience with this brand.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

We call this the 'SD card alarm'. This happens when the camera starts and checks the status of the SD card before recording. If the card isn't working correctly, the camera can get stuck in a boot loop sequence, making a chiming noise.

Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam using a pen. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now start normally?

If so, the card either isn't working correctly or isn't compatible.

What brand, size, model and class of SD card are you using please?
When and where was the SD card purchased please?
How often is the card usually formatted please?
Do you also have a rear camera please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Just created an account to thank Nextbase support for the above message, I had the same issue as the OP, removed the card, formatted using a PC, then popped it back into the camera and everything is working as expected. Thank you!

Hey,

Ya my 522 hasn't worked ideally since I purchased this last year. First it was the rear facing camera which after several attempts, I just gave up. Now more recently the issue of the camera being stuck in the welcome loop with chiming whenever it starts up. The front camera was working fine up until this point. I replaced the original 32 GB Nextbase pro micro SD card with a Samsung 512 Pro plus. It orginally fixed the issue fpr abpit 3 daus but then on my drive home last night it went back to the welcome loop.

"Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam using a pen. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now start normally?" I did this and the camera begins working however I'm hesitant to grab another SD card as I just paid $60+ CAD on a new card. I'm at a point where I'm about to research a new dashcam.

Any insights?

Back