622GW firmware update stuck

John Daniels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I opened my new 622GW this evening and set it up with my iPhone and the PC Nextbase Player.

I saw that there was a firmware update available (r6.4) where the 622GW was on r5.9. Being one to keep everything up tp date I started the firmware update process from Nextbase Player, but 90 minutes later the 622GW is still showing a black screen with the red LED on the left flashing three times rapidly and the red Nextbase LED at the bottom of the screen flashing continuously. The Nextbase Player shows the update is in progress but gives no indication of how long that should take or where it's got to %-wise.

I note on a thread for the 422GW it is recommended to reset the dashcam and try an update via the memory card.

Anyone else had this issue and any advice on how best to proceed before I try resetting it?

622GW.jpg

Reset it and use an SD card to update.

Best to never update a new cam till you first try it and ensure it is working correctly. ONLY after that should you consider updating. Makes things easier to deal with if there's a problem because then you at least know for sure that it's not a cam problem.

Phil

Back