622GW - parking mode issue.

kfirg14

Reaction score
Country
Israel
hi all

i have nextbase 622GW.

Parking mode does not work.

i have nextbase hardwire kit connected to the live switch.

When the engine is off, then the camera also turns off. (parking mode is on)

should need to connect the camera to a constant voltage ?

Last edited:
Yes, that's how it works.

When you say a live switch, is that live 24x7 regardless of ignition position?

NO. It is currently connected to the fuse only when the ingition is on.

Do rewiring to a 24/7 switch ? (cigarette fuse)

Last edited:
Nextbase hardwire kits only have 2 wires so as you say, ignition off = no power other than a battery with a very short life.

IIRC then for Nextbase parking mode the HWK needs connecting to permanent power and their dashcams detect no movement and go into pseudo sleep only woken with motion detection.

I was in the garage now

They connected the camera to a permanent power (As I requested) But now the camera does not turn off even when no moving outside! (recording all the time)

parking mode is on in camera settings.

any idea?

@Kremmen

my car is :

Last edited:
I was in the garage now

They connected the camera to a permanent power (As I requested) But now the camera does not turn off even when no moving outside! (recording all the time)

parking mode is on in camera settings.
Hi,

For Parking Mode, if the camera is completely still for five minutes (the car is parked), then the camera will 'hibernate' in Parking Mode. Please wait for 5 minutes with the car parked and the cam should then turn off.

If your car is bumped and the G Force sensor registers movement then the dash cam will automatically turn on, record for 30 seconds and then shut back down again. If you are unlucky enough to be hit twice in a row then the dash cam would automatically record again and capture both events.

Here's some more information about Parking Mode:
https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/dash-cam-features/parking-mode/

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

i know how is the parking mode works..
are you sure that i have to wait 5 min before the camera turn off ?
In my previous car the camera turned off after a minute.

*by the way - What about auto turn off mode in the setting menu? (on or off) ?

@NextBase Support

Last edited:
I am looking into parking mode but dont like the cut off level on the hard wire kit so will do my own supply and cut-off module. I have a dual marine cigar lighter socket and have tapped a 40 Amp fuse to supply the power. I have not arranged the module in a box yet but as I am rear mounting these adjacent to the fitted cigar lighter it should not be a problem. My only delay is deciding what should be the cut-off voltage as thinking 12.2 might be a good start point but easy to adjust as readouts on in and out voltage are there to check. A roundtuit job.

40A :eek:

Most dashcams only require 2A so 40A should cover it :)

40A :eek:

Most dashcams only require 2A so 40A should cover it :)
Will be using one port for radio and amp on 144 and 433 MHz at 50 Watts so bit extra is needed also handy for charging phones etc as all outlets are ign controlled. Ham callsign G4OIP 73's

i know how is the parking mode works..
are you sure that i have to wait 5 min before the camera turn off ?
In my previous car the camera turned off after a minute.

*by the way - What about auto turn off mode in the setting menu? (on or off) ?

@NextBase Support
Hi,

As I've described above and within the manual for the 622GW, the Parking Mode activates after 5 minutes of no activity. You will need to be on a permanently live fuse.

For the 'Auto Power Off' setting: While recording, if Auto Power Off is turned OFF and the Dash Cam loses power: the Dash Cam will turn off after 10 seconds. While recording, if Auto Power Off is turned ON and the Dash Cam loses power: the Dash Cam will turn off after 30 seconds. If you're on a Permanently live fuse, this can be set to Off.

Kind regards,
Millie

I am looking into parking mode but dont like the cut off level on the hard wire kit so will do my own supply and cut-off module. I have a dual marine cigar lighter socket and have tapped a 40 Amp fuse to supply the power. I have not arranged the module in a box yet but as I am rear mounting these adjacent to the fitted cigar lighter it should not be a problem. My only delay is deciding what should be the cut-off voltage as thinking 12.2 might be a good start point but easy to adjust as readouts on in and out voltage are there to check. A roundtuit job.
Hi,

If you are using a Nextbase Dashcam, please be aware that the maximum power supply suitable is 20A.

Kind regards,
Millie

Thanks Millie input voltage will be as car voltage and cut off will be set to keep adequate battery charge. VERY LOW COST ITEM IF OTHERS ARE WORRIED ABOUT THE LEVEL OF CHARGE USING HARD WIRED SET-UP.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203585717228
Just came across your post, went to look at the item you posted but it can't be found, what should I search for, not sure of the name of it, cheers

Back