70mai Firmware Update (changing from Chinese to English)

If you flash Chinese version with English voice, it will lose any voice recognition and as far as I'm aware, there's only English version with voice recognition but it got different hardware - 128mb ROM in compare to 64mb in Chinese version

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I know this. I was asking if the English version firmware is larger than 64mb so that it really needs the bigger flash. My intention is to flash the English version of the firmware (original, not modded with only voice), but I don't want to brick the camera.

If you flash Chinese version with English voice, it will lose any voice recognition and as far as I'm aware, there's only English version with voice recognition but it got different hardware - 128mb ROM in compare to 64mb in Chinese version

I know this. I was asking if the English version firmware is larger than 64mb so that it really needs the bigger flash. My intention is to flash the English version of the firmware (original, not modded with only voice), but I don't want to brick the camera.
Got no idea to be honest but wouldn't try to flash it

Hi
Why not Upload firmware (English version with voice recognition) !

some developers here who want to get it
Anyone can find a solution here Like what happened before

It will be a great help from you .

Hi, I have the Chinese version and want to ask if anyone knows the Chinese voice commands to record/stop record etc, I don’t mind keeping it in Chinese. Appreciate any pointers thanks!

Hi
Why not Upload firmware (English version with voice recognition) !

some developers here who want to get it
Anyone can find a solution here Like what happened before

It will be a great help from you .
How can I copy it off the cam?

Hello, friends. I bought the English version of the device. Where can I download the English version of the firmware?

Hello, friends. I bought the English version of the device. Where can I download the English version of the firmware?
English version should have English firmware on already mate, if got Chinese, it isn't 128mb english version

I know that. My device has English firmware. I want to get the firmware and insert the localization files for my country.

I know that. My device has English firmware. I want to get the firmware and insert the localization files for my country.
Oh no worries [emoji23] tbought you want to flash it

Hi guys
I'm not sure whether this is the correct thread for my problem, but I DID try the FW detailed here to solve it : )

I can't connect to the dashcam hotspot - "authentication problem".. (I have the indiegogo English version)

tried resetting, different phones, removing/adding back to the Android app
finally, tried updating to the 1.0.4 FW
The update worked fine, but I still can't connect!

Ever encountered such an issue?
Thanks!

Unfortunately, this is a common problem, a problem with Wifi. Firmware does not help, there is no solution to this problem. Most likely this is a marriage, write to the manufacturer.

crap.. as I suspected.
already wrote them.
can someone please upload the directory structure with the index files, as they are on a freshly formatted SD card?

during the FW update, I've deleted everything from the SD card, so now I need to format it, but can't - since I can't connect to the dash cam : ))

Thanks!

Hi guys!
Firmware for ENGLISH VERSION dash cam (international, with "70MAI" on board, not chenese)
with ENGLISH VOICE control and ENGLISH VOICE commands.

from Telegram:
t.png
Version 1.0.5 eu
Firmware: SD_CarDV.bin

Bin File Upgrade Process
Step1:Take out TF card and insert it to your computer (or using a USB converter to connect computer).
Step2: Download the file named SD_CardDV.bin to the root directory of TF card.
Step3: Insert the TF card and keep the power cable is charging.
Step4: The device will automatically upgrade. DO NOT discharge until the voice prompt “Update succeeded” is over.

Last edited:
Hi guys!
Firmware for ENGLISH VERSION (not chenese) with ENGLISH VOICE control and ENGLISH VOICE commands.
from Telegram:
View attachment 39333

Firmware: SD_CarDV.bin
version unknown, pls update this FW and tell me the firmware version. Thx.

Bin File Upgrade Process
Step1:Take out TF card and insert it to your computer (or using a USB converter to connect computer).
Step2: Download the file named SD_CardDV.bin to the root directory of TF card.
Step3: Insert the TF card and keep the power cable is charging.
Step4: The device will automatically upgrade. DO NOT discharge until the voice prompt “Update succeeded” is over.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180629-011953.jpg
    Screenshot_20180629-011953.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 112
Did anyone tried to flash the Chinese version with English firmware?

Did anyone tried to flash the Chinese version with English firmware?
I'll say it will brick it due to different ROM size

My cams firmware version
6d3ca16632ca822e911b4d31395cb7a7.jpg

Back