A vote for the Thinkware T700

Clintster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can only speak as I find but I've recently purchased the T700 from Thinkware.
I have the front and rear camera model, I added the BAB-50 external battery as the first day after installing I came out to a flat car battery, now I could have just set the camera to turn off when the car battery got to a certain level but the whole point of this camera is the parking mode so I thought that would be pointless.
I had a 10% off code for the battery direct from the Thinkware site (TWDC10) and rather than save the 10% I used it to buy the Polarised lens to stop the screen glare.
I have tried various settings for the parking mode but the one I have found the best is the continuous 2 frames per second recording, this allows me to have a constant monitor and, should there be an impact, it will save before, during and after the impact.
I tried the continual monitoring with motion detection but didn't get as long a parking mode before the external battery went flat.
With the 2 frames a second I have just had a fantastic 17 hours parking recordings before the external battey went flat, a half hour drive recharge the battery to full again.
I have it all hard wired in which enables me to have the external battery on fast charge, If you only use the cigarette lighter socket then you can only use the slow charge apparently.
I hope this helps someone in their choice, It's not cheap, especially as I only have an old Honda Jazz, but what can I say? I like gadgets. :)
If you want any other info feel free to request on this thread and I'll do my best to assist.
I fitted it all myself so may be able to assist with fitting issues too if needed.
Clint

Back