A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

My A118 have been working fine at 5 min looping. Using a 32gb class 10 sandisk card. My brother had problems with his sandisk so now he has a samsung card.

My A118 have been working fine at 5 min looping. Using a 32gb class 10 sandisk card. My brother had problems with his sandisk so now he has a samsung card.
Which Sandisk card? Can you post a photo or link?
Ordered an A118 from SpyTec today and would like to have the card ready :)

Thanks!

Hi

I'm new here (but read for a long time), a fresh A118-User, and have a question, but first:
Chris-s, many thanks for your Testvideos which were very helpful for me to decide which camera I'll buy... Havent regreted it yet...

I'm very happy with my A118, but I do have several reflections from Windshield - unfortunatly at day, as at night (when there are light-reflections) due to the angel of the windshield... So I'll most probably have to get a polarisation-filter (cpl) to fix this issue...

Searching the net, I found only Tutorials for other DC's, most of them not directly "sticked to the Windshield" like the A118...

Searching "the bay", I found some CPL (eg. this or this) which would be small or flat; but I don't know if (and when: how) they could be applied to the A118...

Q: does anybody already has tried a CPL with the A118?

Cheers from Switzerland,
Mike

The problem is that the more closer the camera is from the windschield the more reflections you will have :cool:
So, my A118 has more reflections than my 0803.

Your eBay links don't work on my side.

One has to love Sites who end up with .de - those pages will never work for everyone... Always some trouble... :rolleyes:
(can't link to ebay.com -> being automatically redirected to .de)

First Lense I found:
a small "Clip with CPL on it", to use on Smartphone-Cameras... CPL has about 3cm diameter (big enough for the A118 I believe) (ebay# 201070516132)

Second Lense:
37mm flat CPL and Adapter, built for the GoPro Hero3 (ebay#161332150920)

Still can't access with item numbers due to eBay country restriction :rolleyes:

3cm is probably too small because of A118 very wide angle lens.

And adding a CPL filter will make you lose the stealthiness benefit of the A118 ;)

i agree adding a big filter will make it more obvious from the outside, but sometimes the glare off the dashboard is so bad it almost makes the entire screen turn white during the videos, rendering them useless. i found some 25mm filters on ebay and since they're so cheap, i may just order them and experiment with them. the closer i can get the filter to the lens on the camera, the better.

the other thing i've thought about is just attaching a piece of black fabric from the bottom of the camera to the windscreen, to block the camera's view of the dashboard. not ideal, but much easier to implement than a proper filter. and black fabric should not introduce any glare of its own.

m...rd..one should think that those restriction at least inside the european union would be torn down... (the internet once has been so nicely international, those artificial frontiers build up are causing the loss of the whole fun) :-/

...well those products would have been examples anyway, so:

if 3cm diameter is to small - wouldn't that mean that the A118 can't be retrofitted with a CPL, as the Cam only has about 3,2cm between Windshield and Lense? (At my car (Nissan Primera), that is)

Edit:
about 0,5cm between the Mount and Windshield (Upside) and 0,5 to 1cm (horizontal/forward)?
Not much space for a CPL there..?

m...rd..one should think that those restriction at least inside the european union would be torn down... (the internet once has been so nicely international, those artificial frontiers build up are causing the loss of the whole fun) :-/

...well those products would have been examples anyway, so:

if 3cm diameter is to small - wouldn't that mean that the A118 can't be retrofitted with a CPL, as the Cam only has about 3,2cm between Windshield and Lense? (At my car (Nissan Primera), that is)

possible to make your own if you can find a piece of polarized glass and cut it to a rectangular shape to mount in front of the lens. the image captured isn't circular, so the filter doesn't need to be either. and once you set it, you don't need to adjust it, so the rotating part of the circular filter isn't really needed.

Hi.. I am waiting on my a118 to arrive and am slightly concerned about the "Reflection" issues I've read about....... Now..... I have no idea what I'm talking about but was wondering if this would work......
How about using a polarizing film, like the type used for mobile phones etc..... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121386018172 prob talking through my backside but would something like this work?

Reflection issues or not are more of a problem from the car, what is a problem in one vehicle type can be no issue in another

I'd wait and see before you get too worried about it

@mrebay10

Here's what I ment with Reflections:
(shrinked the Snapshot, been the first "Random-Pick" with reflections:
snapsmall.png

Night-Example:
snapsmallnight.png

Main Issue: the Reflections are at those Locations, one would see Numberplates when needed (checking the Files, I had problems recognising the Numberplates, as my Dashboard has been to visible)...

(its "Klagen auf hohem Niveau" -> loosly translated: Moaning on a high standard)

Edit:

@Gibson99
I understand what you mean; i'll try to get my hand on an old CPL I can play with (without loosing/spending to much money on it)...

go to page 23 of this thread and you can see some video from our 2008 toyota sienna van. sometimes the glare is worse and almost completely obscures the video with reflections. i do have to wonder if those phone films would work... they're certainly cheap enough to experiment with!

go to page 23 of this thread and you can see some video from our 2008 toyota sienna van. sometimes the glare is worse and almost completely obscures the video with reflections. i do have to wonder if those phone films would work... they're certainly cheap enough to experiment with!
Or perhaps a polarized sunglass lens :)

I just ordered one from Foxoffer ebay! Hopefully it works great with my SanDisk Mobile Ultra 128GB Microsdxc Class 10 UHS-I card!!! :(

-Jamie M.

my main concern is making it too dark for night use. most of our driving is during the day but part of the reason i got this cam is it has decent night performance.

Back