A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

Thanks, I'll ask to Foxoffer.

Shutdown sound has gone away with last firmware... :confused::(

There's quite a few bug fixes that had been completed by that version, we're on about our 15th update since we started this project, some of the bugs were too serious to ignore so couldn't wait, some of the things we've had fixed have been added to the generic product version as well now

I'm happy to see that you are involved in this project and share with generic product :)

Some of the fixes are core to the OS so will end up in the generic version by default, unfortunately we're doing all the work and there are others that will benefit (sellers I mean, not customers) without having to put in any effort of their own, we couldn't do the product as it was though as there were too many major bugs previously

Any photo?
Not to hand, have a pic on our website but it's the first gen version, we've since updated to a different model which is slimmer and will need to update the pic, they're due to arrive this week so we'll be updating the pic once that happens

@jokiin, have you worked on ghost frame on each beginning file ?

Hope we can find a seller who can provide the GPS add-on ....
When I purchased the A118 I did so for personal use but now my employer has decided that the idea of Dashcam's with GPS functionality, to help with peoples claims for accidents/milage etc, are a great idea So I either take one of his cam's, no idea what that will be or I stick with my own.... Would rather have the A118 but without the GPS I fear it will have to go in favour of the employers only I don't want 2 cams in the front windscreen...

Shutdown sound has gone away with last firmware... :confused::(
i wouldn't have noticed, as i have all sounds turned off anyway.

my concern would be the loop recording bug where it sometimes shows CARD FULL even though it's not... the card should never get full during loop recording - that's the whole point.

The GPS works well
Up to the seller, they are available, I've had them 4 months already
The supplier told me it will be available soon, still fixing bug.
@jokiin says that GPS module is available and works well, and @billknow says it is not available now because of fixing bugs.
Who is right ? :confused:

my concern would be the loop recording bug where it sometimes shows CARD FULL even though it's not... the card should never get full during loop recording - that's the whole point.
Since I have replaced my Transcend Card by a Sandisk Card, I have no more this issue... I don't know if it is related to this, worth tryting ! ;)

New firmware (B40.20140714.001) seems to support formatting 64GB card in camera to FAT32. Or is that my misconception and success message is incorrect?

Since I have replaced my Transcend Card by a Sandisk Card, I have no more this issue... I don't know if it is related to this, worth tryting ! ;)
Funny, i thought sandisk was the one that had issues. besides, i have neither - i have a RiData card. i have a transcend card in my phone and could swap the two if it comes down to it, i just need time to back up the phone card's contents and then put it back on the ridata card. but for now (knock on wood, fingers crossed, etc) it seems to be looping OK, still on the may firmware.

My firmware is different to yours
Will your (SG9965GM) FW also work in the A118/B40 or are there some hardware differences too?

Current version could possibly work (haven't tested, ours is from a different factory) although we're working on a hardware variant at the moment so that won't be the case for long

Back