A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

Are there any release notes for that one anywhere please Bill?

Just updating mine now (thanks again by the way for the rapid delivery once again!)

Update nice and easy thank-you - will give her a run today :)

So is the firmware on my unit still newer? I've got B40.20140717.001 the one just posted is 0714.

Just wondering if I should update to this one, or stick with the one I've got for now.

Okay, thanks for the quick reply!

Hi reverend

what are your experiences with the new firmware? Anything special about this firmware worth mentioning?

(my Cam is using a Firmware from May - and, for some reason is not "locking" Video-Files when there are high g-forces (I turned the Cam to the lowest G-Sensor-Setting, but nothing - and, unfortunatly, I had many emergency-brake-situations (= what I consider High-G-Braking, and events which should not be overwritten)

(since I briked my Sat-Receiver by doing a Firmware-Upgrade, I'm very hesitating... "never change a plus/minus running system", as the saying goes ;)

Have just tried to install my A118, and after some time routing wires etc have just discovered that when I plug it in it generates enough interference to stop my DAB radio working, though I suspect it is the power plug/wire and not the camera. Has anyone any experience with this?

Thanks mike-k, should have known there would be another thread on it!

I've just tried playback mode and Rec makes it go backwards (quicker with each key press) and Mic makes it go forwards quicker if that's what you mean?

To be honest I never really got in much time with this camera before - I've viewed the footage on the PC taken today (five hours) and it's been fine on a 64GB Sandisk Ultra. I've only filled three quarters of the card so it'll loop tomorrow.

As for the G-Sensor I've got to admit other than the Transcend I had that would beep at everything pretty much every other camera I've tried since hasn't had false warnings. I've had no events logged with the A118 though.

Does anyone know if this solves the non-funtioning fast forward issue? (the REC button that wont correctly work as a fast forward button when in playback mode)

.... because that firmware bug is drivign me nuts!

This is fixed in the 714 firmware. MIC button now works as fast forward when in playback mode. Hold down the round button to exit playback mode.

I've just tried playback mode and Rec makes it go backwards (quicker with each key press) and Mic makes it go forwards quicker if that's what you mean?

To be honest I never really got in much time with this camera before - I've viewed the footage on the PC taken today (five hours) and it's been fine on a 64GB Sandisk Ultra. I've only filled three quarters of the card so it'll loop tomorrow.

As for the G-Sensor I've got to admit other than the Transcend I had that would beep at everything pretty much every other camera I've tried since hasn't had false warnings. I've had no events logged with the A118 though.

Yeah I meant the Mic button. I Fixed it in my original post. Thanks, I will update my firmware since it fixes the FF/mic button.

Edit: Updated! It works! YAY!

Last edited:
Back