A118C Novatek 96650 Capacitor Battery Dash Cam@Gearbest

I only wish that the A118C wouldn't shut down so quickly when power is cut. For example, when I have the radio/power on (while waiting for someone), then start the car to leave, my power cuts for around 0.5 seconds and the A118C would shut off immediately. If only its capacity battery would stay on without power for even 0.5 seconds, that would be perfect!

Also, regarding comments re having to wait 12 seconds to start recording, I actually LIKE this "feature". This delay is *intentional* so that when the power is interrupted during engine crank, the A118C hasn't started booting up yet. In other words, the A118C start-up is delayed so to make sure the power is on steadily before it starts up.

Last edited:
I only wish that the A118C wouldn't shut down so quickly when power is cut. For example, when I have the radio/power on (while waiting for someone), then start the car to leave, my power cuts for around 0.5 seconds and the A118C would shut off immediately. If only its capacity battery would stay on without power for even 0.5 seconds, that would be perfect!

Also, regarding comments re having to wait 12 seconds to start recording, I actually LIKE this "feature". This delay is *intentional* so that when the power is interrupted during engine crank, the A118C hasn't started booting up yet. In other words, the A118C start-up is delayed so to make sure the power is on steadily before it starts up.

It's more of a hardware limitation, the capacitor requires a few seconds to charge up before current can start flowing to the rest of the circuit to power up. So yeah it is to make sure power is steadily on.

If you want it to last longer when power is cut, you could possibly add more capacitors yourself. Solder on another one to the existing two.

would make no difference at all

Is that because of how fast capacitors can discharge or is it because the little bit of extra charge wouldn't really make a difference to power the CMOS sensor to record a significant enough length of video and write to card?

Shutdown process is determined by the firmware, not by voltage or capacity available

That's why I hope a new firmware will allow the A118C to delay the shutdown process by around 1 second, so that it will not shutdown immediately when I start the car. All I need is around 0.5 to 1 second delay. The capacitors should hold enough charge to maintain power for 1 second, right?

The A118C appears to be in backorder right now according to your site? How long will it take for it to be restocked?

I see the logo with Blueskysea, there are more manufacturers for A118C?

enjoy,
Mtz

That's why I hope a new firmware will allow the A118C to delay the shutdown process by around 1 second, so that it will not shutdown immediately when I start the car.
Try the firmware from here.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the logo with Blueskysea, there are more manufacturers for A118C?

enjoy,
Mtz
Its Blueskysea is our company brand ,it is same manufacture as A118C camera;

Yes,its final price to be $65 when you check out!

Does the version from estore009 also have similiar issues?
looking for honest answer here.

I would assume it is from the same manufacture, just loaded with different firmware/welcome screen. But that's my assumption.

Back