A118C Novatek 96650 Capacitor Battery Dash Cam@Gearbest

I have bought an item a few months ago from Gearbest, item also appeared to be from China but shipped with Netherland Post. The delivery is the usual slow, about 1 month to arrive. With Chinese New Year starting later this week, you may want to add another 2 weeks on top of that 1 month.

Sounds great... I knew I shouldn't have been cheap lol.. Should have just buy from Spy-tec or something, from a US seller since I am in the West Coast... Going to have fun waiting for this.. *sigh*

Obviously everyone's situation will be different but here is my tracking info for an order on 2/3 to St. Louis, MO. I ordered well before the Chinese holiday so yours may take a little longer. I'm posting these details to give you an idea of what you might expect. I guessing that mine will be delivered this week.

Destination Country

2015-02-14 18:13

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Sort Facility, Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 6:13 pm on February 14, 2015.

2015-02-10 09:40
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

NETHERLANDS, AMSTERDAM, Processed Through Sort Facility

Origin Country
2015-02-14 18:13
The item has been processed in the country of destination

2015-02-11 05:37
The item is on transport to the country of destination

The item is at the PostNL sorting center

2015-02-09 16:05
The item is at the handover point from freight carrier to PostNL

2015-02-08 12:35
The item has left the originating country

2015-02-08 00:00
The item has arrived in the transit airport

2015-02-07 06:13
The item is ready for shipment

2015-02-06 20:00
The item is at the airport of the originating country

2015-02-06 05:18
The item is pre-adviced

Last edited:
Seems like yours came pretty fast. My order was on 2/9 and the item was "pre-adviced" according to the tracking on 14-02-2015 05:43

Sounds great... I knew I shouldn't have been cheap lol.. Should have just buy from Spy-tec or something, from a US seller since I am in the West Coast... Going to have fun waiting for this.. *sigh*
+1 for @spytec - that's where i got my original a118, and i think it only took 2 days to get to houston, even with the free economy shipping. it was worth the extra $5 or so to buy from a US seller so i didn't have to wait for the slow boat from china.

Guess I'm not the only one playing the waiting game. My order shipped over 3 weeks ago and I've yet to receive it.

I wish I had known about Spytec.

Guess I'm not the only one playing the waiting game. My order shipped over 3 weeks ago and I've yet to receive it.

I wish I had known about Spytec.
I didn't know they were here on DCT when I bought it either. I just bought from them because they were a US seller and had a decent price including a 32gb SD card. between ebay and amazon, they had the best price and shipping time. there weren't many sellers at that point since the A118 was still new.

I ordered mine last monday from estore009 on ebay, one of the recommended sellers from DCT or TheWireCutter, and it's out for delivery today. So direct from Shenzhen, China to the states in just over a week. Not bad. The seller doesn't have the greatest english but she's very responsive. I originally ordered a G1W-C and they apparently oversold over the weekend. She offered a different model + discount or a full refund, which I got within hours of notifying her of my decision. It worked out because I got to change my mind and get the A118C instead.

I ordered this A118C from GearBest on Feb 7th, and it arrived today March 3rd at my door in Toronto, Canada. Keep in mind that February is a short month, so it only took 3 weeks and 3 days!

Booted it up and played with the settings a bit, and everything looks good so far. Excellent service so far. GearBest does something very unique and welcomed. Their shipping notification includes a picture of the actual package with my shipping label as evidence that shipped it. In my case, the item was shipped it via "Post NL".

I
I ordered this A118C from GearBest on Feb 7th, and it arrived today March 3rd at my door in Toronto, Canada. Keep in mind that February is a short month, so it only took 3 weeks and 3 days!

Booted it up and played with the settings a bit, and everything looks good so far. Excellent service so far. GearBest does something very unique and welcomed. Their shipping notification includes a picture of the actual package with my shipping label as evidence that shipped it. In my case, the item was shipped it via "Post NL".

I agree. I very much liked the picture. Mine was blurry and I could not make out the name or address but I still thought it was a neat idea.

Looks like we both got our cams today from Gearbest . I placed my order Feb 10th and a PostNL tracking # was assigned on the 12th.

I too just got familiar with the cam. All settings are done, TF card in and formatted. Everything looks great and I hope to have the cam installed in a few weeks.

FYI : I noticed in the manual that it gives two sets of temperature ranges: a storage temp between -20C to 70C and an operating temp between -10C to 60C. Does this mean the cam won't work until it falls within the operating temps? What happens when the storage temp range is breeched? We've already heard from people in cold climates complain about their cameras not working in -20C+ for about 5 minutes. What happens in the upper end of 70C+? Does the cam not work until it cools down to 60C and below?

And finally..... I peeled back the red covering on the adhesive and it has been changed from gray to black. Has anyone installed the black adhesive behind the black dotted matrix on the windshield and found it better hidden than the gray?

Last edited:
Mine also came with black adhesive and is very discreet mounted in the black dotted matrix. I can't comment as to whether it's more or less discreet than the gray because I never had the gray but I can tell you it's not noticeable. I will try to get a pic later this week.

I also have the black one and was wondering if anyone has used the clear 3m adhesive instead of black, this would seem as the most discrete one but i didnt try it.

i used clear on my CF-100. that said, i've never used black - only gray and white - so i don't have a good comparison.

here's the clear tape, to the right of the mirror mount. unfortunately there's a small bubble in it, but it's not bad at all.
tmp_13447-img_20141102_154452935759404-jpg.9035

Mine also came with black adhesive and is very discreet mounted in the black dotted matrix. I can't comment as to whether it's more or less discreet than the gray because I never had the gray but I can tell you it's not noticeable. I will try to get a pic later this week.

Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 73
I also have the black one and was wondering if anyone has used the clear 3m adhesive instead of black, this would seem as the most discrete one but i didnt try it.
I purchased 3m clear VHB at Home Depot and it is working very good for my camera mount. I also have mine in the black dotted area.

Wonder if my dashcam is lost... Really rare for USPS to not update their tracking...

March 4, 2015 , 11:05 pm - Delivery status not updated

Haven't had a chance to call someone at home to see if anyone received it...

Mine arrived today. Plugged it into a battery pack to configure and test it for about 30 minutes, everything seems good. I'll leave it alone and test again on Saturday or Sunday to see if it retains the date/time after a day or two of being unconnected.
I'll probably install this weekend, but did a quick test fit with it next to the G1W. Looks like I need to shave a few mm's off the wire cover to have a clean, factory like install with the lens right at the bottom of the dots.

Attachments

• A118C test fit.jpg
    A118C test fit.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 28
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has experience with this cam as well as the Mini 0801? How's the daytime and night video quality comparing between them? Cheers.

Mine arrived today. Plugged it into a battery pack to configure and test it for about 30 minutes, everything seems good. I'll leave it alone and test again on Saturday or Sunday to see if it retains the date/time after a day or two of being unconnected.
I'll probably install this weekend, but did a quick test fit with it next to the G1W. Looks like I need to shave a few mm's off the wire cover to have a clean, factory like install with the lens right at the bottom of the dots.
There is a small battery inside for keeping up with settings.

Back