A119 Firmware

the other settings are stored in a read only section of memory and won't get lost

Over the last 3 years with my electric bike the display has needed a couple of button battery changes but it never loses the kilometers I have done which is stored in a memory chip that needs no power unless asked for.

Can someone remind me on the memory chip name.

I have noticed that move detection mode is working approx 1 hour, after this cam starts to record constantly. Maybe its possible to fix in the next firmware update?
@viofo should fix this bug if is confirmed. Chinese new year ended so I expect new firmwares from Viofo.

enjoy,
Mtz

"Please upgrade the loader first, then upgrade the new firmware" What does that mean?

there are two updates needed, talk to whoever you bought it from and they will be able to send you the correct files

There seems to be no stopping to my issues. Before i could buy a new memory card, i have another issue to report now!
The camera powers on and i hear the powering on audible chime, and Viofo logo comes up on the screen. But it stays there and nothing more happens. If i connect it to pc, i dont even see the mass storage mode on the screen or the drive in my computer.

Can someone suggest?

Do i need to press the reset button in some sequence? I tried holding it down for 30 seconds with and without power, but nothing happens.

So, i finally got a revert from Viofo support on the ticket i had logged. They said, i should open the sd card through a card reader and copy the .bin file and then power on the camera.
I tried both the loader and firmware file one by one, but camera still stays stuck at the VIOFO logo! Any suggestions? I am losing hope on this cam now :(

EDIT: I tried another usb cable and after copying the firmware bin file, it worked. The camera came to life again.

I also formatted the card using the gui tool as suggested by Viofo support. So far it looks ok, i will install it back in the car tomorrow and see how it works. Saying this because, after fresh firmware flash it usually works for a couple of days before throwing the memory error again.

Last edited:
As expected, the camera worked for an hour or so and threw up the Memory Error again. I have ordered a samsung evo+ 32GB card from Amozon today. Hopefully this would end my miseries.
Thanks all for the help! I shall keep you posted once the new card arrives.

Over the last 3 years with my electric bike the display has needed a couple of button battery changes but it never loses the kilometers I have done which is stored in a memory chip that needs no power unless asked for.

Can someone remind me on the memory chip name.

I believe the name you are referring to EPROM. (non-volatile memory)

Last edited:
As expected, the camera worked for an hour or so and threw up the Memory Error again. I have ordered a samsung evo+ 32GB card from Amozon today. Hopefully this would end my miseries.
Thanks all for the help! I shall keep you posted once the new card arrives.
I'm using Samsung EVO 32 GB (orange card, made in Korea) and it IS working with Viofo A119 without problems. Evo Plus should work too.

I'm currently using Samsung Evo+ 64GB in my A119 without any issues. Tested Samsung Evo 32GB & 64GB and Netac U3 128GB also no issues with A119.

Back