A119 Firmware

Better to use something like a multi safer, vico power plus etc and do it properly
The camera auto starts when I start the engine, I just have to turn off before I leave car. I also have the added benefit of being able to record when I am away from the car e.g. when left in car park, police stops (excessive frisking) etc

I think my plug and play option is simple and doesn't involve any DIY electrical hacks.

I am not entirely knowledgeable in the area of how firmwares are coded but is there any possibility of changing the current font to a different one ? Probably a nice monospaced font ?

Edit: To clarify, the font for info which is printed on the video.

someone has reported that his new A119 dashcam has been provided with a new firmware : v2.01, instead of 2.0 : A119_161216_v201

but this firmware "A119_161216_v201" is not available in viofo's website, is it normal ?

http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000019600-viofo-a119-car-dash-camera-firmware

confirmed:
just purchased the A119 Jan.28 2017 from latest shipment in Canada it has Firmware: A119_161216_V2.01
- probably a Beta FW no download site found so won't flash over just yet, but would like to see if V1.1 doesn't have these issues.
- still has the 1440P no-GPS bug, must change resolution to 1080P/30 then toggle GPS on/off to lock GPS, must repeat if unpowered for more than ~6 hours, same issue when powered from GPS module or cam.
- mono audio seems to be extremely low even from 6inches, but the internal beep sound is recorded nice and loud. Guessing from details below its low due to channel position being saved as Front: Center (only have 2 speaker stereo to preview)
Format : AAC
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 96.0 kb/s
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Channel positions : Front: C <<<------- normally Left for mono
Sampling rate : 32.0 kHz
Compression mode : Lossy

If I can find some raw A119 clips with audio from FW ver: 1.1, 2.0 I'll verify the audio properties and compare to the new FW v2.01 above.

Testing done both in car and out using:
- two 64 GB Lexar High-Performance microSDXC 633x Class10 USH-I cards
- two 32 GB Lexar High-Performance microSDHC 633x Class10 USH-I cards

Last edited:
I don't have the V 2.01 firmware but it is just fixing a problem with camera internal player. Maybe they will release a new firmware when they can offer more improvements after the Chinese New Year. Also they need to wait for official Novatek IQ improvements because they can not modify all things in a firmware.
Also I observed there are different sound levels when Viofo is releasing different firmwares.

I am not entirely knowledgeable in the area of how firmwares are coded but is there any possibility of changing the current font to a different one ? Probably a nice monospaced font ?

Edit: To clarify, the font for info which is printed on the video.
Too hard to change the font. I guess that fond is hand made in firmware, not some classic font.

enjoy,
Mtz

A119_161216_V2.01 - I don't need to update my firmware right?

Hi All,

I have a Viofo A119 with GPS which is about a month old. I have a strange issue, the camera suddenly displayed memory error.
After contacting support, i was told to re-flash the firmware 2.0 and reset the settings.

I tried that and it worked for a couple of hours before it again threw the same error. I have done this multiple times and each time camera starts working after firmware flash for a couple of hours.

I tried contacting Viofo support, but strangely no one is reverting for more than 10 days now.

Can someone help?

IMG_2041.JPG

Below are some more details:
- I am using 32GB class 10 card
- i have hardwired the camera using a 12v accessories socket and by taking power directly from the fuse box. Which means i am plugging in the cable which came in the box into the new 12v socket and everything is tied under the dashboard, thus keeping my car's original 12v socket free. I am using the below socket under the dashboard.
$_35.JPG
$_35.JPG

Strangely, there is no company name on the card. I got the card along with the camera, when i bought from aliexpress. Here is the picture of the card.IMG_2047.JPG

That card could be anything, including a fake. I would start by purchasing a new micro sd card from a decent seller, such as Amazon. Steer clear of Sandisk cards.

Strangely, there is no company name on the card. I got the card along with the camera, when i bought from aliexpress. Here is the picture of the card.

that would be your problem, go and buy a decent quality (genuine) brand name card

Thanks, any recommendation on what brand card should i buy? And is should be a class10 card right?

Transcend High Endurance is probably the best you can get, although it's hard to get hold of and expensive, but Samsung Evo, Lexar 633x or their high endurance card are good.

I use a 64GB Lexar 633x with my A119 (bought from amazon). Works great!

I use a 64GB Lexar 633x with my A119 (bought from amazon). Works great!

Same cards being used here. Have not had one single blip from the camera regarding them and any content I've extracted to my computer has been perfect. Bought a few of them when there were at a lower price point (about half what they cost now).

I use a Lexar 633x 64Gb too and I confirm that is just perfect. Never a problem or a glitch!

I have noticed that move detection mode is working approx 1 hour, after this cam starts to record constantly. Maybe its possible to fix in the next firmware update?

Back