A119 Firmware

прошивка A119_V3.1B . при подключении к компьютеру успевает записать 1 секундный файл видео , после переходит в режим "Mass Storage" на прошивке 2.06 все было в порядке

Speed limit beep would be nice, which can be turned on or off. :)
So I wont use a separate device to do it.

прошивка A119_V3.1B . при подключении к компьютеру успевает записать 1 секундный файл видео , после переходит в режим "Mass Storage" на прошивке 2.06 все было в порядке
теперь понятно. :)
я тоже поставил 3.1В но не обратил внимания, записывает ли камера секундный файл при подключении к компу. главное чтобы в машине писали.
комп старенький-слабенький-медленный?
разные провода / компы пробовал?

комп не слабый , провода разные пробовал , я уже писал что на другой прошивке все нормально

комп не слабый , провода разные пробовал , я уже писал что на другой прошивке все нормально
наверно это плюс камере - она стала запускаться быстрее, чем комп успевает сообразить, что есть подключение. :)

I guess I could see where that would be useful in your kids car, to remind him/her that they're being watched.

So, what do you set for a limit? 55? 65? What if they drive 50MPH through a school zone?

Do you set it for 35 and it will drive them nuts on the highway?

I know plenty will take the other side, but I don't see this as a useful add-on in an item that has no means to compare current speed to posted speed limits where you're actually driving. Waze and GPS devices already have this feature as do many in-car navigation systems. If you're trying to keep an eye on your kids, get that "Hum" thing from Verizon.

So, what do you set for a limit? 55? 65? What if they drive 50MPH through a school zone?

Could work on fleet vehicles where there is a policy that sets a maximum speed limit a driver can drive a vehicle. Otherwise I totally agree.

The best method would be imagery analysis of detected speed limit signs, since it would notice temporary speed limits changes in like construction zones, which apps might not be quick or accurate to identify. However that is complex and computationally intensive task prone to errors even in the best conditions that I'd never expect a cheap dash cam to be able to handle reliably for this feature to be useful.

Could work on fleet vehicles where there is a policy that sets a maximum speed limit a driver can drive a vehicle. Otherwise I totally agree.

The best method would be imagery analysis of detected speed limit signs, since it would notice temporary speed limits changes in like construction zones, which apps might not be quick or accurate to identify. However that is complex and computationally intensive task prone to errors even in the best conditions that I'd never expect a cheap dash cam to be able to handle reliably for this feature to be useful.

Fleet vehicles often have governors installed, and many rely on the dashcam to log data like speed and they review it periodically for compliance. A beep from a dash cam carries the same "weight" as the dispatcher admonishing a driver to not speed before they set out on their route. I get what you're saying, but I just don't see the value in having it. Without being able to compare your actual speed to the posted limit, it brings little or no value.

A beep from a dash cam carries the same "weight" as the dispatcher admonishing a driver to not speed before they set out on their route.

True, though when there are no governors, an alarm serves as an immediate warning instead of a delayed admonishment. I still agree, the utility of this function is pretty limited, and likely serves mainly as another marketing bullet point in a product features list.

True, though when there are no governors, an alarm serves as an immediate warning instead of a delayed admonishment. I still agree, the utility of this function is pretty limited, and likely serves mainly as another marketing bullet point in a product features list.

Yes, marketing indeed. It's a nice to have, even though it's not that useful as it is.

Well, since such a discussion has begun ...))) About sound when the speed limit is reached.

You all idealize the situation very much.
You are discussing almost AI or Tesla-mobil. ))
And you demand the impossible from the device of our time at an affordable price.
The developer refused to do speedcam (as I understood). Although I see no problem in converting different formats into one and copying it to an SD card.
Let him make at least a cheep according to the limit set in the settings...

Everything is much simpler:
1) Do not like it!? - Turn it off!!!
This function just pulls back you away, and does not take care of all the work for you! Man must drive a car! The device's beep is just a reminder.

2) Speed in cities, as a rule, is limited by one threshold of restriction.
For example: typical - 60 km / h.
Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limit

There are exceptions, but on the whole it is so. Therefore, the work of this function, calculated on the general rule, can help the driver do not forget about your current speed. In all other cases, as a rule, speed limit (in the city) is less, but not more!
The driver himself must control the traffic situation, but if he is forget, he will hear a sound signal! And this will allow less frequent glance at the speedometer.

3) A single sound signal, if the speed limit is exceeded, will not make it worse. He will not keep on babbling all the time!
It's just an indicator. You created that! You can not include at all.

4) Why use another special device if such a function can be performed by the DVR?
I think I do not need a windshield on which hangs a bunch of different devices.
And if the car has a factory video registration system, then I do not need a separate DVR! )) bla - bla - bla - etc. ;)

P.S. Let's be easier to relate to everything.
And do not require AI where there is only an option for the Script! ;)

Last edited:
Well, since such a discussion has begun ...))) About sound when the speed limit is reached.

You all idealize the situation very much.
You are discussing almost AI or Tesla-mobil. ))
And you demand the impossible from the device of our time at an affordable price.
The developer refused to do speedcam (as I understood). Although I see no problem in converting different formats into one and copying it to an SD card.
Let him make at least a cheep according to the limit set in the settings...

Everything is much simpler:
1) Do not like it!? - Turn it off!!!
This function just pulls back you away, and does not take care of all the work for you! Man must drive a car! The device's beep is just a reminder.

2) Speed in cities, as a rule, is limited by one threshold of restriction.
For example: typical - 60 km / h.
Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limit

There are exceptions, but on the whole it is so. Therefore, the work of this function, calculated on the general rule, can help the driver do not forget about your current speed. In all other cases, as a rule, speed limit (in the city) is less, but not more!
The driver himself must control the traffic situation, but if he is forget, he will hear a sound signal! And this will allow less frequent glance at the speedometer.

3) A single sound signal, if the speed limit is exceeded, will not make it worse. He will not keep on babbling all the time!
It's just an indicator. You created that! You can not include at all.

4) Why use another special device if such a function can be performed by the DVR?
I think I do not need a windshield on which hangs a bunch of different devices.
And if the car has a factory video registration system, then I do not need a separate DVR! )) bla - bla - bla - etc. ;)

P.S. Let's be easier to relate to everything.
And do not require AI where there is only an option for the Script! ;)

Fewer features that work and provide for a stabile firmware is preferable to many features that few will want that cause flaws in the code. Additionally, the more stuff that's added, the more "bloat" the firmware has. The longer it takes to boot, the more memory it requires, and the more CPU it consumes. Keep the list of functions to those that are appropriate in a purpose-built device (and this is a purpose it wasn't built for).

Fewer features that work and provide for a stabile firmware is preferable to many features that few will want that cause flaws in the code. Additionally, the more stuff that's added, the more "bloat" the firmware has. The longer it takes to boot, the more memory it requires, and the more CPU it consumes. Keep the list of functions to those that are appropriate in a purpose-built device (and this is a purpose it wasn't built for).
100% agree.
I am working as a software engineer in embedded world for long enough to know that keeping it as simple as it can is the best.
For me I would rather have developpers focusing on basic functions and improving them.
Adding feature even not activated means more code size, memory footprint, cpu load.

Well, it's clear. There are no questions at all.
All in stock. You just need to activate the marker. ;)
PS The DVR already determines the speed of the motion. There is nothing new and is not required.
PS2 "A bad workman blames his tools"

Well, it's clear. There are no questions at all.
All in stock. You just need to activate the marker. ;)
PS The DVR already determines the speed of the motion. There is nothing new and is not required.
PS2 "A bad workman blames his tools"

What?

Hello,
today I received my cam Viofo A119 without S from Banggood and I have problem. My camera resets settings after switch of... I am trying with firmware 2.05, 2.06 and 3.01B ang nothing :(

@grace chan viofo could you help me? If is hardware problem could you prepare software for me with default GPS on and other sethings?

Last edited:
A119 Beta firmware A119_170606_V3.1B – Test Results... GPS.
In previous firmware versions, even when the GPS setting was “OFF”, data continued to be embedded in the video file and was recoverable by supplemental computer software such as Dashcam Viewer. According to the change log, V3.1B firmware fixes that problem. Assuming a GPS mount is connected to the A119, here is a summary of how GPS works with V3.1 firmware:

-No changes were made to either the GPS or the GPS Info Stamp menu settings. No relevant settings were added.

-If the GPS setting is “OFF”, GPS data is not embedded* or displayed in the video, and Date/Time is not updated by the GPS.

-If the GPS setting is “ON”, all GPS data (speed and coordinates) is embedded* in the video file. In addition, GPS data is displayed (over-laid) on the video in accordance with the GPS Info Stamp setting (OFF, All Info, Speed, or Coordinates). Date/Time is updated by GPS, regardless of the GPS Info Stamp setting.

*Note: .csv files, exported from Dashcam Viewer version 2.6.7 computer software, were used to determine whether or not GPS data was embedded in the video file.

A119 Beta firmware A119_170606_V3.1B – Test Results... GPS.
In previous firmware versions, even when the GPS setting was “OFF”, data continued to be embedded in the video file and was recoverable by supplemental computer software such as Dashcam Viewer. According to the change log, V3.1B firmware fixes that problem. Assuming a GPS mount is connected to the A119, here is a summary of how GPS works with V3.1 firmware:

-No changes were made to either the GPS or the GPS Info Stamp menu settings. No relevant settings were added.

-If the GPS setting is “OFF”, GPS data is not embedded* or displayed in the video, and Date/Time is not updated by the GPS.

-If the GPS setting is “ON”, all GPS data (speed and coordinates) is embedded* in the video file. In addition, GPS data is displayed (over-laid) on the video in accordance with the GPS Info Stamp setting (OFF, All Info, Speed, or Coordinates). Date/Time is updated by GPS, regardless of the GPS Info Stamp setting.

*Note: .csv files, exported from Dashcam Viewer version 2.6.7 computer software, were used to determine whether or not GPS data was embedded in the video file.
I'd really like to just use the GPS base for updating time and date without having other data forced to be embedded in the file. Sigh... Thanks for the info though.

What? After all this and having a FE that fixes the GPS issue, the GPS cannot be OFF and the unit still updates the date and time?

I am not sure if this is a software limitation or a case where engineers just did what they were told and did not think beyond that.

In short, it would be great if GPS can be OFF and date and time would be updated. I also love using the GPS module because the power outlet is located in a better location.

Hope this can be enhanced in a future update.

Back