A119 Firmware

I tried Facebook back in 2011.
Sorry, I don't care for Facebook, Twitter, or any of those "social media" websites, and I'm sure I'm not alone. So why don't you just post the latest info about your products on your website so that everybody can read them??????

Yes, we will also post information here, just in case others would use Facebook to know. Provide one more option here.

Last edited:
I also have no interest in Facebook and Social Media sites .. and besides, why should a 'like' be a pre-requisite for receiving information on a new product? I find this rather strange.

Obviously .. people are treated differently over there in China
It's not necessary to like(If you like, it's better:X3:), just a habit to say so,haha. Sometimes we will post the new firmware and new products info first in the FB page, just a suggestion.

Last edited:
New firmware for A119. Have a try of the new parking mode
1f600.png
1f600.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/…/firmw…/FW_A119_V3.1B.zip

Change log:
Added: Parking mode feature...
Added: Lock the previous file while the button pressed in the begin of 15s of current file
Improved: Change the sound for taking screen shot while press the menu button
Improved: One click to stop recording, mute/unmute while in screen save mode
Improved: No embed GPS info in movie while GPS feature disabled.
Fixed: Screen on issue while detected on detection in screen save mode

Give us feedback if possible.

Hi there, newbie here. Just got hold of A119 with firmware 2.06 and noticed a lot of hot pixels. Tried the calibration process but no go. It always says DP Bright failed or something to that effect. Any chance this can be fixed?

There should be an Authorised Repairer who can repair all Dash Cam brands. With virtually no Instructions in the Manuals .. Average Joe and Jolene have no idea of how to sort out problems themselves .. and no doubt .. having an expert available .. would be able to determine whether a simple procedure is a fix or whether a replacement is the answer.

With a bit of Q&A trouble shooting you can often determine if something is terminal or not without too much trouble

New firmware for A119. Have a try of the new parking mode
1f600.png
1f600.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/…/firmw…/FW_A119_V3.1B.zip

Change log:
Added: Parking mode feature...
Added: Lock the previous file while the button pressed in the begin of 15s of current file
Improved: Change the sound for taking screen shot while press the menu button
Improved: One click to stop recording, mute/unmute while in screen save mode
Improved: No embed GPS info in movie while GPS feature disabled.
Fixed: Screen on issue while detected on detection in screen save mode

Give us feedback if possible.
Hopefully the one touch to stop recording is optional. My car has stiff suspension so I quite often hit the wrong button when trying to press the lock button. That has resulted in my camera having the mic turned off for almost a month till I pulled the card and noticed there was no sound, since I can't see the screen behind my mirror.

There should be an Authorised Repairer who can repair all Dash Cam brands. With virtually no Instructions in the Manuals .. Average Joe and Jolene have no idea of how to sort out problems themselves .. and no doubt .. having an expert available .. would be able to determine whether a simple procedure is a fix or whether a replacement is the answer.

The problem with this is that warranty repair / replacement would be exactly what it is today - few and far between. Everything else would NOT be warranty, and end users would end up having to pay for the "non repair" efforts because Viofo (or any other manufacturer) is NOT going to pay the tech to teach you how to use your camera.

If you're following along with this thread, User Manuals included with the devices aren't terribly useful because firmware updates change the way the devices work or even add options. If anything, there should be updated manuals that go with each firmware release.

Hopefully the one touch to stop recording is optional. My car has stiff suspension so I quite often hit the wrong button when trying to press the lock button. That has resulted in my camera having the mic turned off for almost a month till I pulled the card and noticed there was no sound, since I can't see the screen behind my mirror.
Haven't tried it yet, but I would presume you would still get the urgent repeated double beep indicating that you are not recording. Hopefully, they fixed the issue with the mic on/off toggle so that you can tell by the confirmation sound whether you turned it on or off.

Just loaded A119 Beta firmware A119_170606_V3.1B and reviewed the changes to the button operation. Using default settings (except screensaver set to 3 sec) and starting in the Record mode with Screensaver ON (LCD OFF), the buttons exhibit the following characteristics:

1) Power button - no change from V2.0 (previous) firmware.
2) Pressing the REC button once sounds a button pressed beep, turns on the LCD screen, stops recording, starts the continuously repeated double beeps, and flashes the REC light (if LED setting is ON) continuously. Pressing the REC button again sounds a button pressed beep, restarts the Record and Screensaver modes, ends the sounds, and changes the REC light to steady ON.
3) Pressing the ! Event button once sounds a button pressed beep, turns on the LCD screen, displays the ! inside a triangle (as before) for about 5 seconds, and sounds three double beeps in 5 seconds. Same as before I think except for the sounds.
4) Pressing the MIC button once sounds a button pressed beep, turns on the LCD screen, and toggles Mic icon indicator to on or off. Pressing again sounds a button pressed beep and toggles the Mic again. There is no way to distinguish by sound whether the Mic was turned on or off.
5) Pressing the MENU button once now actives LCD screen and confirms photo taken with a camera icon on the screen and with a distinctive new "shutter" sound, with no button press beep sound.

@viofo, I like the changes made except for the MIC button. Since it toggles from ON to OFF to ON..., if pressed while driving, I can quickly lose track of whether the Mic is on or off. Even parked and looking at the LCD (can't see it at all while driving), it is very hard to see that red line on the little Mic icon. I think that we need unique sounds to tell us if the Mic was turned ON or OFF when the MIC button is pressed. For example, after the MIC button is pressed, beep two times to indicate that the Mic was turned ON, or beep three times to indicate that the Mic was turned OFF.

Hopefully the one touch to stop recording is optional.
Don't see any option to turn off the one touch. I'm neutral on the REC button being one press, but I like the MENU (photo) and MIC being one press. ! Event was previously one press. You do have the normal indications that you are not recording if REC pressed by accident.

Just loaded A119 Beta firmware A119_170606_V3.1B and reviewed the changes to the button operation. Using default settings (except screensaver set to 3 sec) and starting in the Record mode with Screensaver ON (LCD OFF), the buttons exhibit the following characteristics:

4) Pressing the MIC button once sounds a button pressed beep, turns on the LCD screen, and toggles Mic icon indicator to on or off. Pressing again sounds a button pressed beep and toggles the Mic again. There is no way to distinguish by sound whether the Mic was turned on or off.

If there is a way to identify the on/off mode with different sounds, then I think it may be preferable to keep the LCD screen off. I generally leave the audio turned off. However, I would want to turn audio on ahead of an interaction during a police stop or the like. If this is happening at night, the LCD screen turning on would obviously make it less discrete.

If there is a way to identify the on/off mode with different sounds, then I think it may be preferable to keep the LCD screen off. I generally leave the audio turned off. However, I would want to turn audio on ahead of an interaction during a police stop or the like. If this is happening at night, the LCD screen turning on would obviously make it less discrete.
not to mention it will help you know if you accidentally pressed the wrong button.

not to mention it will help you know if you accidentally pressed the wrong button.
:) then don't press any. :)
I have audio recording on, no any beeps, no LED lights, and screen saver 15sec. if my cameras started recording I'll have the video and audio. and if you or anybody else in the world would ask me if my cameras recording or if I have the video I may say anything I want. maybe I have the video maybe I don't - it's my own property and if I don't want you or anybody to take a look at it you won't see it ever-ever. :)

A119 Beta firmware A119_170606_V3.1B Critique...Beep and Other Sounds - Not Loud Enough.
@viofo - As is, the version 3.1B sounds are not loud enough to be useful to me when driving.(n) I like and need the A119 sounds because the LCD display is not useful to me while driving. Admittedly, my hearing is not so great anymore. :confused: Add in some driving background noises like AC/heater fans, engine and exhaust noise, radio sounds, or road and wind noise, and the A119 sounds are quickly overcome by the background noises. As a minimum, I would suggest that the beep and other sounds (especially the shutter sound), be made significantly louder if that is possible :D.

Thanks for Listening, :)

Back