A119 Firmware

While it may not be the cause, I found that when I took my version 1 A119 up to 3.3 ver I kept getting a blue box stating memory error. This was even without a card in it.
I also tested it with 3 different brands of memory card and got the same error.

I had a similar problem when updating the firmware. In my case swapping the cable solved the problem.

Help, can't install v3.3.
Newbie so have patience with me please lol.
This is what I did:
-connected the new camera (v2.06) to a wall loader.
- formatted the new transcend 64Gb card in the camera
-connected camera to the pc ; mass storage mode on the screen
- copied the fwba119v3.3. (from the Viofo site) to the camera (screen still on mass storage mode)
- disconnected camera from pc and waited a few seconds to reconnect it.
- camera again in mass storage mode and NO flickering from the record button.
What did I wrong?
The camera is still functioning with the original v2.06 fw and the v3.3bin file is copied on the card.
Is the fwba119v3.3 may be a zip file? (Not mentioned on the Viofo site) Card to big?
Please help!

Help, can't install v3.3.
Newbie so have patience with me please lol.
This is what I did:
-connected the new camera (v2.06) to a wall loader.
- formatted the new transcend 64Gb card in the camera
-connected camera to the pc ; mass storage mode on the screen
- copied the fwba119v3.3. (from the Viofo site) to the camera (screen still on mass storage mode)
- disconnected camera from pc and waited a few seconds to reconnect it.
- camera again in mass storage mode and NO flickering from the record button.
What did I wrong?
The camera is still functioning with the original v2.06 fw and the v3.3bin file is copied on the card.
Is the fwba119v3.3 may be a zip file? (Not mentioned on the Viofo site) Card to big?
Please help!
Use the USB wall charger to perform the actual update, not your PC. You will just continue to get Mass Storage mode. You can copy the .bin over in Mass Storage mode, but use the wall charger to do the update.

Use the USB wall charger to perform the actual update, not your PC. You will just continue to get Mass Storage mode.

The possibility of firmware 119/119S from PC(laptop), two USB cables from the kit:
Short USB cable is moved in flash memory(firmware possible)
Long USB cable - the firmware is coming !

The possibility of firmware 119/119S from PC(laptop), two USB cables from the kit:
Short USB cable is moved in flash memory(firmware possible)
Long USB cable - the firmware is coming !
Sorry, not sure what you mean. The short USB cable has data lines, while the long USB cable just has power. If your using the short cable, you'll need to use a USB wall charger to perform the update.

I specified that it is possible to stitch from a PC with a long cable from the kit.

Thanks guys for the fast reply.
Call me stupid, but it still doesn't work. I started all over again. Formatted card in camera with wall charger, connected camera with provided short USB cable to pc, copied new v3.3 bin file to camera, mass storage mode on screen, disconnect camera from pc, connect to wall charger with provided long USB cable, no mass storage on screen, no flickering record button and camera starts normally. Still on v2.06 firmware. By the way, bin file is copied to the card......?? I cannot find mass storage mode under menu. What did I wrong now???

I'll try the short USB cable to the wall charger now; I'll let you know asap. Thanks!

Thanks guys for the fast reply.
Call me stupid, but it still doesn't work. I started all over again. Formatted card in camera with wall charger, connected camera with provided short USB cable to pc, copied new v3.3 bin file to camera, mass storage mode on screen, disconnect camera from pc, connect to wall charger with provided long USB cable, no mass storage on screen, no flickering record button and camera starts normally. Still on v2.06 firmware. By the way, bin file is copied to the card......?? I cannot find mass storage mode under menu. What did I wrong now???
There is no Mass Storage option in the menu. It enters that mode automatically when connecting to a PC (using short USB cable). The .bin file is the firmware. What is the name of the file you are copying to the card?

How long do you have to wait after downloading the new software to the camera to disconnect it and connect it to the wall charger? Why does the camera starts normally after connecting it to the wall charger and appears the mass storage screen with the short USB cable to the pc? Faulty (short) USB cable. I'll try an other one now.

Or is the 64Gb card the culprit? Max 32Gb recommended by Viofo, but I read on the forum that 64Gb is also ok.

64GB card is fine, as long as it was formatted in the camera. The short USB cable carries power and data to the camera when connected to a PC. The long cable only has power lines, so it won't enter Mass Storage mode.

What is the name of the file you are copying to the camera? Sounds like you are trying to load the wrong file.

FWBA119.bin (3,990 kB) just checked it again; also on the card.

Where did you download the file from? Viofo support page?

Are you using a PC or Mac?

What memory card are you using?

A miracle happened.....! I really don't know what happened, I did everything the same x times, but the update is there.May be a contaminated contact in the mini USB connector of the new camera is the culprit and after a lot of removals of the connector it got contact again?. In any case it works now on the v3.3.
Thanks a lot guys for your help. Thumbs up!

A miracle happened.....! I really don't know what happened, I did everything the same x times, but the update is there.May be a contaminated contact in the mini USB connector of the new camera is the culprit and after a lot of removals of the connector it got contact again?. In any case it works now on the v3.3.
Thanks a lot guys for your help. Thumbs up!
Make sure you manually default the cameras settings in the menu after the update.

Back